More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

• Aerosoft
Thank you for this glimpse into this inner workings of the Aerosoft Team's F-16. I must say that I am very pleased with the look and behavior of what has been completed up to this point and, more especially, in the authenticity of the HUD and the richness of the sound set. As I watched the videos, I began to also wonder if the HOTAS controls in the VC were animated at this time? I couldn't ascertain that information from the video's themselves, as the focus was the HUD; however, I know that you are all still developing and testing things so let me cheer you on - Great Job guys!

Look forward to seeing more of your demos. :)

Let me see, nothing is animated on the stick, we experimented with having it move a 'little' bit but decided in the end that is you don't see the real stick move, this shopuld be the same. Same with the rudder pedals (though we think many people will see that as a bug...) they are also force input, not movement input in the real thing.

But rudder pedal braking is animated, so does the speed brake control and the cutoff switch on the TQS. As we don't use any other function on the TQS and SSC no other things are animated.

Of course the TQS moves up and down, limited but the Throttle Frost when the Cutoff Release is set.

Thanks for posting the links to the videos but for some reason I get an error message saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

I am logged in so not sure what the problem is. All other web pages loading OK.

Paul

Thanks for posting the links to the videos but for some reason I get an error message saying "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".

Paul,

In IE you don't have a media player associated with the ".wmv" file extension; so, when you click on the link you get this message. Try right-clicking on the link and downloading the movie file to your computer then use Windows Media Player or another player that supports ".wmv" file extensions.

Get Windows Media Player 11 here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse....mp;categoryid=4

Good Luck!

Let me see, nothing is animated on the stick, we experimented with having it move a 'little' bit but decided in the end that is you don't see the real stick move, this shopuld be the same. Same with the rudder pedals (though we think many people will see that as a bug...) they are also force input, not movement input in the real thing.

But rudder pedal braking is animated, so does the speed brake control and the cutoff switch on the TQS. As we don't use any other function on the TQS and SSC no other things are animated.

Of course the TQS moves up and down, limited but the Throttle Frost when the Cutoff Release is set.

Sound like you mirrored the YF-16/F-16A controls quite accurately. I don't know if the European versions still use those similar constructions, as we in the U.S., with the later A's, B's, and later varients (C, D, etc.) changed the SSC and rudders to have a little travel in order for the pilots to gauge the control inputs that they were making; especially under considerable "g" strain. But this will do quite nicely. :)

Moreover, I believe that you are correct in your assertion; of some users seeing no animations in the controls as bug's; However, as long as you document it, then it should not worry them too much, as it really isn't a necessity in the sim. of FS. Plus, I'm really glad that you incorporated the speed brake switch animations to the TQS; which will be really nice as an addition to more authenticity.

Next, I hope to see more thrust and parasitic drag limitations incorporated to the flight model envelope of the F-16, so that when you drop gears, lower Flaps, extend speed brakes - it really starts to show up quickly in the aircrafts speed, altitude, and handling characteristics. I saw it somewhat in the video, and additional tweaking will be a great welcome to the accuracy and authenticity of this flight model.

Lastly, this statement may or may not have been asked before, but have you considered making a tandom seat/dual-cockpit to the final box release of this model? I would welcome flying/training with this bird in missions and the online community or, with fellow aviators, if this is possible at the end of the development?

Thank you all again, in advance, for all the hard work!

James,

There is a slight movement in the FLCS and Rudder Pedal, but you really need to look closely to see, i kept the movement very small.

-Tim

Thank you, Tim!

Now regarding my question about the Tandom seating model, what is the hope/status for such an option? ???

this is one more step to push this F-16 addon to top1. hope my system can run it.

I can move my head with trackir to enjoy a real hard roll now

maybe I can use this to make a movie, great job!

I can hardly to wait to see a outside-view video

Thank you, Tim!

Now regarding my question about the Tandom seating model, what is the hope/status for such an option? ???

James,

Right Now I can't, to much work to implement in such a short time, but will definetly be done.

Reason being the time alotted is needed is for the Shared Pit ablities, this is a must so Pilot and Co-pilot can use as a trainner in it's abilities.

Will need new canopy, rear pit including the 3d Gauges, and fuselage Cut and retro-fitted to the proper geometry is a task.

Even right now with the different versions, engines/intakes, tails, sensors, and country specifics, the project has become a monster in it's own with just the single seater.

Don't get me wrong, I will do it, but need to do at later date, also other projects need attention and those must get done as well.

Besides what's better then on final when the rear pilot dumps the spoilers on you and you crash.

-Tim

James,

Right Now I can't, to much work to implement in such a short time, but will definetly be done.

Reason being the time alotted is needed is for the Shared Pit ablities, this is a must so Pilot and Co-pilot can use as a trainner in it's abilities.

Will need new canopy, rear pit including the 3d Gauges, and fuselage Cut and retro-fitted to the proper geometry is a task.

Even right now with the different versions, engines/intakes, tails, sensors, and country specifics, the project has become a monster in it's own with just the single seater.

Don't get me wrong, I will do it, but need to do at later date, also other projects need attention and those must get done as well.

Besides what's better then on final when the rear pilot dumps the spoilers on you and you crash.

-Tim

Tim,

:lol: - Thank you for considering it. You go do what you have to for the time being. We'll just look for it to be done as part of the box release or some addon like the weapons pack that you all plan to do as well. But, I'm not disappointed but, hopeful. Keep up the great job and try and fine some time to play with you new toy too. ;)

• Aerosoft
Tim,

:lol: - Thank you for considering it. You go do what you have to for the time being. We'll just look for it to be done as part of the box release or some addon like the weapons pack that you all plan to do as well. But, I'm not disappointed but, hopeful. Keep up the great job and try and fine some time to play with you new toy too. ;)

The boxed release will be identical to the first download version, so not duals in those. But as Tim said, we will come back to this product some day soon for sure.

hi guys i was just wondering if there was a TURKISH AIR FORCE texture for this awsome looking aircraft.If not, can u guys try to make one because TURKISH AIR FORCE has one of biggest f16 fleets in the world. i d really like to see a TURKISH AIR FORCE texture for this aircraft and i am looking forward to buying it. :P

Paul,

In IE you don't have a media player associated with the ".wmv" file extension; so, when you click on the link you get this message. Try right-clicking on the link and downloading the movie file to your computer then use Windows Media Player or another player that supports ".wmv" file extensions.

Get Windows Media Player 11 here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse....mp;categoryid=4

Good Luck!

Thanks James, that works.

I assumed that the link was to a web page rather than the video file directly.

Paul

Gentlemen of Aerosoft;I have just seen the two videos from inside the cockpit

Words fail me (according to my wife that almost never happens) that is the most

increasable Sim add on I have EVER seen.If you listen carefully you can here my

wallet scream as I practice relieving the cash from it for this absolutely great

addition that you and your artists have created. :blink:

Two thumbs WAY UP

I can hardly contain my anticipation/excitement,waiting for this release

Randy

The boxed release will be identical to the first download version, so not duals in those. But as Tim said, we will come back to this product some day soon for sure.

Thank you! :)

And after the next magor F-16 dual Cockpit/Weapons Pack upgrade/addition; Would you all consider making another ALL-out-Aircraft for FSX, like the F-15C/E or is that the end of development for the life of FSX? That would compliment my collections quite nicely for FSX (along with FSDT/CaptainSim's F/A-18A/D and FSDT's proposed F-14).

Again, Thank you all. :)

• Aerosoft
Thank you! :)

And after the next magor F-16 dual Cockpit/Weapons Pack upgrade/addition; Would you all consider making another ALL-out-Aircraft for FSX, like the F-15C/E or is that the end of development for the life of FSX? That would compliment my collections quite nicely for FSX (along with FSDT/CaptainSim's F/A-18A/D and FSDT's proposed F-14).

Again, Thank you all. :)

Well, the A-10 is next from the same development team. Will not be as complex as the F-16 in modeling (that is one of our yearly 'state of the art' projects), but still very high end.

• Aerosoft

Here is the list of liveries of the initial release, please note that many (or more precise most) of these high end liveries are provided by friends. The list (compiled by Vin) is not final, but a very good indication. You will also understand why this will be a DVD addon and not a CD addon. One complete aircraft will contain 50 Mb of model and 19 Mb of texture data!

If you like to help us with some other livery, contact us on support@aerosoft.com and we'll see if we can help. Please note that we will only send the paintkit to people who have shown experience and that it requires knowledge of the FSX texture features.

Belgium:

- FA-131 / BAF demo (Texture.BAF_DEMO)

- FA-87 / Tigertail 31sqn (Texture.BAF_FA-87)

- FA-126 / FS 1sqn (Texture.BAF_FA-126)

- FA-101 / FS 1sqn 90 years tail (Texture.BAF_FA-101)

Chile:

- 722 / AM (Texture.Chile_A)

- 856 / C (Texture.Chile_C)

Denmark:

- E-195 / Esk 727 Red tail (Texture.RDAF_E-195)

- E-199 / Esk 727 Thor tail (Texture.RDAF_E-199)

- E-611 / Esk 727 (Texture.RDAF_E-611)

Egypt:

- 9981 / 272 TFB (Texture.EAF_9981)

Greece:

- 053 / 347 Mira (Texture.Greece)

- 532 / 337 Mira

Israel:

- 307 / 117sqn (Texture.IAF_307)

Korea:

- 93-067 / 20FW (Texture.Korea)

Netherlands:

- J-066 / KLu demo (Texture.KLu_DEMO)

- J-063 / 313sqn (Texture.KLu_J-063)

- J-204 / 323sqn (Texture.KLu_J-204)

- J-876 / 322sqn 65 years ani tail (Texture.KLu_J-876)

Norway:

- 658 / FLO (Texture.RNoAF_658)

- 665 / FLO (Texture.RNoAF_665)

- 671 / 338 skv “Tigertail” (Texture.RNoAF_671)

Poland:

- 4040 (Texture.Polski)

Portugal:

- 15112 / Esq201 (Texture.FAP_15112)

- 15121 / Esq301 (Texture.FAP_15121)

- 15133 / Esq301 (Texture.FAP_15133)

Singapore:

- 614 / 140sqn (Texture.Singapore)

Taiwan:

- 6676 / 5th TFW (Texture.Taiwan)

Turkey:

- 93-0695 / 192 Filo (Texture.Turkey)

Venezuela:

- Texture.Venezuela

USAF:

- ACC

• Aggressor_blue / “WA”, 57FW, 90-0727 (Texture.Aggressor)

• Aggressor_2 / “WA”, 57FW, 86-0272 (Texture.Aggressor 272)

• Thunderbirds, 57 FW (Texture.Thunderbird)

• 90-0776, “CC”, 524 FS (Texture.CC_524FS)

• 88-0512, “HL”, 421 FS (Texture.HL_421FS)

• 92-3920, “SW”, 77 FS (Texture.Shaw_20FW)

- AETC

• 84-1261, “LF”, 309 FS (Texture.LF_309 FS)

- AFMC

• 92-0407, “ED”, 416 FLTS (Texture.ED_412 OG)

- AFRC

• 86-0222 , “TX”, 457 FS (Texture.TX_301 FW)

- ANG

• 84-1318, “AZ”, 195 FS (Texture.AZ_162 FW)

• 87-0229, “CO”, 120 FS, “Tigertail” (Texture.CO_120 FS)

• 85-1432, “NY”, 138 FS (Texture.NY_138 FS)

• 86-0262, “OH”, 162 FS (Texture.OH_178 FW)

• 90-0748 , “OK”, 125 FS (Texture.OK_125 FS)

- USAFE

• 89-2009, “AV”, 510 FS (Texture.AV_510FS)

• 91-0351, “SP”, 22 FS (Texture.SP_22FS)

- PACAF

• Aggressor Alaska / “AK”, 18th AGRS, 86-0305 (Texture.Aggressor_Alaska)

• 90-0724, “AK”, 18 FS (Texture.AK_354FW)

• 89-2013, “WP”, 35 FS (Texture.WP_8th_FW)

• 90-0822, “WW”, 14 FS (Texture.WW_14FS)

- USN

• 90-0946, NSAWC / Blue (Texture.NSAWC_Blue)

• 90-0943, NSAWC / Brown (Texture.NSAWC_Brown)

Well, the A-10 is next from the same development team. Will not be as complex as the F-16 in modeling (that is one of our yearly 'state of the art' projects), but still very high end.

Oh Yes!! :o this is turning out to be a great summer

If I may ask, the A-10 did I read that right ? is Aerosofts next release or just

the next release from the team that is doing such a fine job with the F-16

My two favorite planes in one summer :wub:

ya cant blame a guy for wishful thinking

Randy

Outstanding! :D I have the FS9/2004's Aerosoft A-10 and am happy to hear that it is going to be re-introduced as an FSX model.

1. Now, Will this be an Upgrade (port) or a completely new Native Model?

2. Will it be a free ugrade for previous owners of the A-10 or another purchase entirely?

Either way, I'll be getting it.

And, I would welcome an F-15 as well if you can manage that. Finally, I looked at Vin's list of F-16 Liveries that you posted and all I can say is WOW! :o

Keep up the good work!

Could the RJAF come out at a later time perhaps since it is not included in the initial release?

http://homepage.eircom.net/~steven/images/jordanf16s.jpg

http://homepage.eircom.net/~steven/images/f16jordana.jpg

http://www.rjaf.mil.jo/upload/gallery/F16A_001.jpg

http://www.rjaf.mil.jo/upload/gallery/F16_break_001.jpg

http://www.rjaf.mil.jo/upload/gallery/F16A_004.jpg

http://www.rjaf.mil.jo/upload/gallery/F16A_003.jpg

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130344

They have around thirty MLU's I think that they got from Belgium and the Norway, plus around 24 block 15 for air defence.

If anyone can do this down the road, that would be great.

Plus, I second James's F-15 bid.