More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

What makes you think they wouldn't be included? I think you can be fairly certain to see them in the finished package.

I think I just wanted to hear it...err...read it. Thanks! :lol:

Looks terrific! What a tease :)

I can't believe the realism! I'm looking all over this aircraft in the pictures and I cannot find a flaw. I know this aircraft really well in 'real' life, and it just amazes me how realistic this FS aircraft is.

I noticed the cockpit has a mutlimode display on the right. Will this have TCAS, and NEXRAD by chance? The display looks like the new Avionics radar system that's recently been upgraded in the newer models of F-16's, is this true? If so, I assume that's why you've added the targeting pod?

(TCAS= Traffic and collision avoidance system) (NEXRAD= Next Generation Weather Radar)

I am really sorry, but I just have to ask you gentlemen :o ; Do you have any planned release period? For example in 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month etc...

You see, I have followed this thread for many, many months and now I am leaving on a vacation for a longer time. Therefore it would be great to know if a nice little F-16 box was located in my mailbox by the time I come home again :rolleyes: *Dreaming*

Thanks, (and sorry, again)

Hi,

Ry4an;

The systems you mention has, to my knowledge, not been implemented. Sounds interesting though. I hope the gauge-guy reads these columns. DED/ICP is getting pretty damn advanced though..... ;)

I'll post some more screenies tomorrow with more external details, new pylon textures and the cool new gadgets that Tim has modelled and textured. Tim, Vin and me are the "ouside guys".

Ola;

It is impossible for me to say when. I have not seen the "top dog" online the last few days and the rest of the crew is working like mad for initial release. Download version will come first and the boxed a while after the download has "matured". Sorry again.... for not being able to help you more. I wish I could give more details.

Best

Thanks, Dag. I know it's quite tricky to plan a release date for any addons. I am just glad you pay so much attention to the details, and I know that the finished product is going to be awsome. :)

I have waited for this since I first saw the pictures of it sometime in 2006 I think, and I can certainly wait another month! :lol:

Sky and water presently, with an environment and weather engine planned as plugins. I'm sure there will be a FPS hit if you use the higher res textures, but I don't notice it myself and you don't have to use them.

Best to see the product page here http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=flt1fex or ask any further questions on their forums here http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=34

For anyone that's an F-16, Air Force, or just plane flying fan... I suggest you guys watch these videos to kill time until the release of this F-16 from Aerosoft.

It's a four part series that's documented from the pilots at Luke AFB. It chronicles their time in upgrade pilot training in the F-16. Hope they help kill the time!

Watch all Four... You won't regret it!

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

Part IV:

hey guys

I've just discovered your project and I'm a huge fan of the Viper (Falcon 4.0 simmer for a long time).

Just a question :

On some screenies, I can see the helmet's visor raised, and on some others, it's lowered.

Will it be triggered by a hot key while flying, or is it a change depending on the versions flown ?

On the first screen of the pilot, I've the impression it is an belgium pilot, and his patches seems to be belgian patches....Maybe I'm wrong, but if i'm right, will it be configurable by our own (adding some custom patches) or will it be depending of the version flown (USAF, BAF, etc) or is it the same for all versions ?

once again, thank you for your project

• Aerosoft
hey guys

I've just discovered your project and I'm a huge fan of the Viper (Falcon 4.0 simmer for a long time).

Just a question :

On some screenies, I can see the helmet's visor raised, and on some others, it's lowered.

Will it be triggered by a hot key while flying, or is it a change depending on the versions flown ?

On the first screen of the pilot, I've the impression it is an belgium pilot, and his patches seems to be belgian patches....Maybe I'm wrong, but if i'm right, will it be configurable by our own (adding some custom patches) or will it be depending of the version flown (USAF, BAF, etc) or is it the same for all versions ?

once again, thank you for your project

I think the visor will be opened when the canopy opens. And you sure will be able to repaint the textures covering the pilot, but I doubt we'll do a external module that let's you configure this.

• Aerosoft
I noticed the cockpit has a mutlimode display on the right. Will this have TCAS, and NEXRAD by chance? The display looks like the new Avionics radar system that's recently been upgraded in the newer models of F-16's, is this true? If so, I assume that's why you've added the targeting pod?

(TCAS= Traffic and collision avoidance system) (NEXRAD= Next Generation Weather Radar)

No, not a lot of that will be implemented because FSX simply does not provide the information for these things. Now some 'could' be programmed but that would take months and tens of thousands of dollars, both not available, certainly not when at best it would be a crummy simulation running inside a simulation. It also would costs a lot of CPU to run (unlike default variables that could just be used) and would slow the sim down too much.

Hi,

Visor linked to water rudder command, patches are changeable on the photoshop masters. Shoulders, breast and name tag, all can be changed to suit unit/nationality. I think there will also be desert/olive green/high-vis orange options for the suits.

In repaint kit, no doubt.

Best

Hi,

Visor linked to water rudder command, patches are changeable on the photoshop masters. Shoulders, breast and name tag, all can be changed to suit unit/nationality. I think there will also be desert/olive green/high-vis orange options for the suits.

In repaint kit, no doubt.

Best

I can already see I'm repainting that pilot's uniform into striped pyjamas or something like that  :lol:

I can already see I'm repainting that pilot's uniform into striped pyjamas or something like that  :lol:

I need to do one in pink jammies and light blue polkadots, would be a dream come true. Pink helmet as well........

DO the heads of the laser Guided bombs (i was just watching the photo and it makes me think abouti it :lol: ) move when you do a roll for example?( do they move left or right, high or low whith the incidence of the plane?)

Have you booked yourself in for the gender change yet Dag?

I think someone would complain so nope, bad enough as is.

Standard way of braking an F-16 is aerobraking down to about 90 kts and let it gently settle on the nose wheel. Then wheel brakes. The chute was originally specifed for the initial Norwegian order back in 1976 for use on short field ops and on icy runways.

Seeker noses of GBU-12s "hang" on low taxi speed I believe, not checked them out lately. They go streamline in flight.

Thanks for the interest

ok and whats that when you're talking about block50 or something like this??

whats the main difference between the A and C, B and D model?!

I know that A and C are the single seater and B,D are the two seater...