More Pics of the F-16 to wet your Appetite 'Large Post'

Shaun Fletcher

And another...

aero_f16_00_08.jpg

The HAF 3d Model i wrong the correct is this 2007-2-f16haf.jpg

F-16D_pa_03.jpg

Please add the parachute and the ASPIS that the ECM-141 pod in center pylon!!!

Mr. Vincent "VinFlyer" van Yperen/ Aerosoft Staff,

Thank you very much; the model looks great and I'm happy to hear that the GPS, like most other navigational features, is all integrated in to the MFD and NOT pop-up windows. ;) Also, I do believe that FS treats TACAN as a VOR/DME; Correct? In reallity, it serves the same purpose in the cockpit of military aircraft and some civil aircraft that are equipped with the proper receiver;

Can you allow for that in the model? (Make it use TACAN as a VOR/DME)

Next, I did notice this; and I'm sure its just a bug of the BETA model; Correct? But I do see it in the actual cockpit shots...What is it?

beta_preview_vc_02_.jpgf16.jpg

Finally, I don't mind waiting, to allow your staff the time, to finish it correctly. I'm sure that this will be an excellent model (even if its NOT used as AI). Just keep us posted with more great pic.s :D

Thank you again.

Hi James,

These things are not beta issues! These things are CP lights. Look @ here:

aero_f16_00_02.jpg

More pics from Nick here:

http://screenart.proboards101.com/index.cg...&thread=113

best regards

Dave

Hi James,

These things are not beta issues! These things are CP lights. Look @ here:

aero_f16_00_02.jpg

More pics from Nick here:

http://screenart.proboards101.com/index.cg...&thread=113

best regards

Dave

Dave/Nick/Aerosoft Staff,

Thank you for the explaination! The "BUMP Image" was just so prounounced I couldn't help but wonder what it was. And, now, you've explained it. Also, the Pics' from Nick's site are really very good. Can't wait for you guys to finish this Bird.

Happy BETA Testing! :D

• Upvote 1

Hi guys great job you are doing with the F-16, can't wait to get it. There is a small error in the Greek F-16's. They have an extension in the tail for the parachute. Great job anyway!

(...). There is a small error in the Greek F-16's. They have an extension in the tail for the parachute. Great job anyway!

If you look close to the pic of the Greek F-16 you see that they have already modeled the parachute extension (look behind the rear edge of the taileron).

But true! Great Job! I wish it would come for FS9 too.

I am sorry about this double posting, but I just have to ask any of the BETA-testers to do something. Can you please post some pictures of the afterburner (in different stages if it has that) directly from the side, so we can see how long, thick etc. it is compared to the plane?

I'd be grateful :)

Skjellnan;

That question is really a complicated one. For real, it depends on the weather conditions how long the AB is. In dull weather you can see up to 9 rings backwards (even though the F100-220E has only 5 AB zones, if I remember correctly) while at night the flame appears almost solid bluish white, with a lenght of about 2/3 of the fuselage length. At daytime in good lighting conditions, you rarely see more then 5 rings or so.

This effect is off course very difficult to do in FSX (weather dependant) so a compromise have to be reached. To ask a beta tester to show the burner now would be just for display purposes and not of the finished product. For the time being the lenght of the burner is about 1/2 to 2/3 the lenght of the fuselage.

What do I know, I'm not even in beta :blink:

Best regards

short but necceserary: any news? pics....videos?? :rolleyes::P

Pictures, yes.

Videos, later.

:D

Pics of models from the last beta so not yet with pilot. But pilot WILL BE added later.

First couple of Danish paints

beta_preview_046.jpg

beta_preview_045.jpg

And the J-876 with the brand new 322sqn 65 years tail

beta_preview_044.jpg

Fully weaponed Viper

beta_preview_043.jpg

Mr. Vincent "VinFlyer" van Yperen,

Thank you for these pic.'s and your hard work. I especially appreciate the level of detail displayed on the inside of the gear doors and the gun smoke coating the skin along with the great duplication of the paint schemes of the Dane's AF that you have put into it. :D

I do have to ask a quick question; Is this external model complete? I can still see the empty cartridge of the drag-shoot and I was wondering if that is still "under construction" along with the Pilot? Also, can you show us more pic.'s of the cockpit inside? I'm hoping that the front CP lamp "Bump" image is more blended into the cockpit and not such a visual eye-sore. :(

eg. front CP lamp "Bump" image NOT blended into the cockpit frame.

aero_f16_00_05.jpgf16.jpg

Great job and thanks again for another tasty look at Aerosoft's next bird.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Hi Vin,

Great paints :D Superb work! Good to see "Tor med Hammeren" again, been a long time. About the Polly, well personally I think 322 could have done a better one, less cartoonish, but never the less a splash of colour.

I'm on again and will have a couple of more Portuguese ones out of the shop in due time and I suspect texturing some cool external stores will come next.

The external model is not finished, the chute pack needs a good texture among other things. There are other things that needs attention too, both adjustments to excisting stuff and new stuff.

Best regards

Hi all,

The F-16C looks OUTSTANDING!

Does anyone know if the F-16D two-seater will follow fairly quickly after the -C (be nice to have one of these babies with CFTs), or if it's a merely a "someday" project?

Kent

• Aerosoft
Uh, wow :o ...Hardware eater :lol:

Do you have a releasedate ready yet? For the download and the boxed version?

Few weeks from now for download, Plus at least two or three weeks on that for boxed.

And yes, this is our yearly 'no limits' product. We do one every year. Although HIGHLY optimized (I dare say these is no other aircraft that can show so many polygons at this framerate) we did not ask the developers to mind framerates. Sometimes we just need to know what the future will bring and this is one way to test it.

Hi there good people,

No immediate news on the pilot and his/her clothing and headwear but I bet a green flightsuit and an HGU-55 helmet at least, is brewing in a certain designers head. Why this is so important to some is beyond me but I sure hope pink underwear, bubble-gum pink lipstick, red eyeshadow and stiletto heels are outruled.... :blink:

Meanwhile the real F-16 force all over the world are adding/upgrading their precision air to ground delivery methods and I for one had hoped for the 2nd generation Advanced Targeting Pod named PANTERA/AAQ-33 SNIPER/SNIPER XR. This has now materialized in full 3d from Tim and is a work of art. It would not surprise me much if it was animated as well :rolleyes:

Please note that the below mounting on sta 5R on the agressor is just a test shot and this aircraft will not carry it. Just for vizzzzualisation by wizard Tim.

The countries of the United States, Norway, Greece, Pakistan, Oman, Poland and Belgium has the pod on order or are using it already. It's an amazing gadget. Can be used for all kinds of stuff like recce, target designation etc and not just air to ground but also air to air for long range detection/identification. Our (RNoAF) F-16s use it when standing QRA with one aircraft always configured with it. Compared to the older LANTIRN system this one has extreme range and I have been demonstrated that from the rear seat of F-16BM 78-0304 inside one of Sola's shelters. The system is also capable to transfer real time imagery or near real time imagery to ground/sea stations via the Link-16 system (air force mobile broad-band). I thought it would be neat to at least visualize on the model as it's a common sight nowadays.

AAQ-33_01.jpg

AAQ-33_02.jpg

AAQ-33_03.jpg

Best regards

Dag, is that thing in the back sucking in air for something?

if it is a air intake, I guess it should be used for cooling the laser system or other sstem down. maybe?

HaHa Today, I promote my Ram to 2GB and wait for this craft

for sure, is that enough to let this F-16 fly quick and smooth? and bloom effect?

thanks

Dag, is that thing in the back sucking in air for something?

Yep, cooling for the internals of the pod. For ground testing a big cooler unit as well as a generator is connected. When testing the datalink transmitting capabilites on ground the pod gets so hot during transmission that the paint has been known to wrinkle. No problem in the air though. For us (fire rescue) it is essential that the pod is switched off/stowed when responding to situations. As dangerous as radiation from the radar, in other words.

The PANTERA has been used with great success in OEF ops from Kabul, Afghanistan, not just for weapons delivery alone but more often then not for looking into things on the ground on behalf of friendly forces. Look it up on wikipedia.

Best regards

good job guys!

anticipating this F-16 as a art works, i still want to say my feeling. maybe late to advice

after I saw all the cockpit photos, I still think the Do-27's , H-1's and Piper's are more real than this F-16's. maybe a little more wear & tear on those panels will be helpful?

and, do you think there should be some very thin and dark line between aircraft skin parts? I mean, based on those done paints, maybe add some very thin and very dark line between skin parts?

how about?

good job guys!

anticipating this F-16 as a art works, i still want to say my feeling. maybe late to advice

after I saw all the cockpit photos, I still think the Do-27's , H-1's and Piper's are more real than this F-16's. maybe a little more wear & tear on those panels will be helpful?

and, do you think there should be some very thin and dark line between aircraft skin parts? I mean, based on those done paints, maybe add some very thin and very dark line between skin parts?

how about?

On cockpits and general wear and tear:

The F-16 fleet around the world is kept in good condition. On the outside they may appear tatty looking due to paint touch ups and lack of soap but generally speaking, they never get close to a super worn Do-27 or the like.

The pit is continuosly going through modification programmes like the MLU for Europe and export or the CCIP for the USAF. Thereby, the cockpits are torn completely to pieces and repainted/maintained/replaced. So.... you don't really see a nasty looking cockpit. If the ECP/Tech Order says that this or that part should be grey or matt black, especially near the canopy or in parts of the cockpit that can become a reflection in the canopy, they are maintained with proper colouring. Where wear can occur is on the sides/floor of the rudder pedal wells, seat, throttle grip and SSC (side stick controller). This is however limited. Some seat emergency packs (the one your bottom is located on) can be dirty looking but usually not that bad. F-16 pilots are kept clean...... :rolleyes:

Approaching anything close to a really worn bush type workhorse cockpit or a field modifed racer/experimental, would be the wrong track for an F-16 model.

This was my own two (European) Cents....

Best