CRJ Throttle problem

Hi

I bought the CRJ yesterday for MSFS2020. Despite the plane is working very very good and is beautiful, I can't use the throttle. I just can't understand how it works. I'm using a gamepad to play MFSF and no problem for any aircraft except the CRJ. When descending, I can't reduce power, it's stuck at climb position. To reduce I have to cut power and apply 8 notches of power up on my button to increase the throttle. If I add 9 notches and I press the decrease power, the power increase instead until it reach again climb power. And with 8 notches N1 is only 50% not enough to control on final. How come I can't control the power manually like any other plane ? I never seen a throttle working this way. I can land the B747 manually but not the CRJ ?

• Deputy Sheriffs

As stated in the header where you first posted, "Please do NOT use this forum for any support questions, use the dedicated support sections for that." I moved this for you to a better section to get help. While you're there, please take a look around so you'll know where to look for answers in the future.

Did you follow the instructions in the included manual and as shown here?

I'm not using the throttle on my gamepad as an axis. Both my two little joystick are used for ailerons, elevator and rudder. I always used the throttle using two button and act like using the keyboard. But it seems I can't use this plane this way.  I'm using FS since 1984 and always used the throttle with the keyboad or with two button on the gamepad. But this CRJ throttle is much different from any plane I used. 

Forget any yoke, quadrant, joystick, axis.  If you only use the keyboard to control the throttle, why I can't reduce the throttle once it reach 2/3 of the course from idle to climb preset ? Even if you reduce power before reaching climb preset, the throttle continue to accelerate until it reach the climb power preset. And once on climb power preset it's impossible to reduce power anymore until I cut to idle and restart applying power to the 2/3 of the course. Try it, you will see.

It's impossible for me to control altitude and speed on final without throttle control ! If there is no way to bypass this, may I be refund ?

I have a similar issue with an Xbox Gamepad. On other aircrafts A increases thrust, B decreases thrust. Simple as thath.

On the CRJ most of the time A increases thrust. While below let's say 70% throttle A actually increases thrust by a lot, maybe 5% to 10% with each short press. B actually also increases the thrust but maybe by 1% or even less per short button press.  
Then when out of cruise mode and in climb or higher A increases thrust and B decreases thrust, but B only decreses it to the minimum climb percentage. I can't decrease to the cruise throttle so I'm stuck in climb or more. Only way to go back is to use the F1 key on the keyboard.

Also controlling the throttle with the mouse has a similar sporadic behaviour and the throttle moves way to fast, especially during the cruise area. That and the rudder issue makes the plane not very enjoyable for now 😕

I fixed my problem helped by a user on MS forum. Very simple to fix. It's something missing in the manual.

I went in the controller configuration panel. I was on single axis, no reverse but at the idle it was zero. I pressed DEFAULT and a negative value appear fixing my problem. Now the throttle works exactly as any other plane. It's not mentionned in the manual to click on DEFAULT.

Been chasing the same issue with my joystick, where I set up two buttons to be my "increase throttle" and "decrease throttle", looking forward to trying this trick, thank you!  But I'm curious how to fix the KEYBOARD behaving in the exact same way, can you "calibrate" your keyboard so my two keyboard keybinds for throttle behave normally?

• Aerosoft

We understand your concerns and will work on that.
However, this addon was designed to be used with single analog axes for the basic

steering and power management.

The throttle support for Xbox will be available with the next update later this week.

Archived