Total Cockpit Freeze

ldnflightsim22

Just experienced a total cockpit freeze - aircraft still moving flying the air, I can climb and descend manually, but everything in the cockpit froze. 

Buttons and knobs could be interacted with but would have no impact. Screens and HUD frozen. I believe it was triggered when I went to the DEP ARR page of the FMC, after which, nothing could be interacted with and all screens froze. The aircraft still operated - gear could go down (by pressing G) but I didn’t see the gear lever move, flaps could be moved, but the physical lever again didn’t move. Everything seemed working, other than the physical cockpit. 

Has anyone had this issue?

• Like 1

Okay this issue has already been reported and is in progress. We'll keep you in touch as soon as possible. Thanks for your report.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Henry Jones said:

id before the error was go to the DEP ARR page of the FMC. 

2 hours ago, Svaly said:

Okay this issue has already been reported and is in progress. We'll keep you in touch as soon as possible. Thanks for your report.

I had this same exact issue but when in the air I entered a new destination under FPLN, did not even get a chance to click execute... Not only was the cockpit locked up, but the flight model outside of the cockpit, I could lower the flaps and I would get a simulated lowering of the flaps but no visual... 

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I have found a reason Why this issue happened to me, so I am happy to Share it With you. What has caused my cockpit to freeze was the so called addon Volanta. I don’t know why but something interfered with Volanta, the MSFS database and the CRJ database. Don’t use Volanta with the Aerosoft CRJ for now, it was the reason for this Bug to appear.

• 4 weeks later...

I just experienced this bug today as well for the first time. I was just installing my Steam Deck, so since it happened with Volanta & stream deck I have a feeling it might have to do with Simvar connection issues.

When it happened I was trying to set a new DIR to a point in the FMC after initiating a go-around.

• 4 weeks later...
Am 6.5.2022 um 17:17 schrieb AIDAprima:

Hello everyone, I have found a reason Why this issue happened to me, so I am happy to Share it With you. What has caused my cockpit to freeze was the so called addon Volanta. I don’t know why but something interfered with Volanta, the MSFS database and the CRJ database. Don’t use Volanta with the Aerosoft CRJ for now, it was the reason for this Bug to appear.

No, VOLANTA isnt the issue. I dont use it and still have the problem.

Am 18.3.2021 um 21:06 schrieb Svaly:

I wonder what "as soon as possible" means in Paderborn... ;) Its over a year...