CRJ Yoke FPS Bug

just getting low fps like 20-25… 

and I discovered a bug, if you fully pull up or pull down the yolk the fps you're getting increase a lot, like 20fps more

For anybody that has fps issues in the crj try this. When you are sitting on the ground with the avionics and everything on, try moving the yoke full forward or full backward. I gained 20fps while it was in the full forward position but back to 15-20fps when it was in the neutral position. This also appeared to fix the slight stuttering issue I had as well and made the sim run extremely smooth. I went from 15-20fps on the ground to a stable 40fps only dipping to 35 when panning the camera. Try this if you can and see if this fixes your fps issues.

• Flyboy3121 changed the title to CRJ full forward and/or backward pressure on the yoke increase performance by about 20fps and reduces stuttering

Update: It appears that the full pressure on the yoke seems to pause the displays, as if you don't have them on. I see this as a possibility in the future to either be able to turn off displays or be able to change the refresh rate. The aircraft still flies normally, it's just the screens that pause. That leads me to believe that it's not the systems that are causing the issue but the displays, otherwise the aircraft, I assume, would just stop working. @Mathijs Kok@Hans Hartmann

• Developer

I have heard that before, so I guess what you see is really happening. I tried it a couple of times already but couldn't reproduce the problem. The displays should just continue to work. There's absolutely no reason I can think of, why they shouldn't.

Can you tell me what kind of input device you use? May it's just not reproducable with a TM TCA stick.

Just now, Hans Hartmann said:

I have heard that before, so I guess what you see is really happening. I tried it a couple of times already but couldn't reproduce the problem. The displays should just continue to work. There's absolutely no reason I can think of, why they shouldn't.

Can you tell me what kind of input device you use? May it's just not reproducable with a TM TCA stick.

Currently I'm using a saitek yoke and throttle. I tried to replicate the issue with my usb xbox controller but it didn't produce it.

I just tested this out in the sim. My frames go from about 28 up to 40 when I apply full yoke pressure. For my specs i have a i7-8700k @ 4.9 and a RTX 3070 with 16gb RAM @ 3000. Great catch by the way!

full yoke pressure

Please login to view this video.

no yoke pressure 

Please login to view this video.

• Developer

OK. I don't have one of those. I do have a honeycomb alpha though. I'm going to try with this.

And do I understand you correctly? When you release the yoke or at least move it out of the fully deflected position, the instruments continue to work?

Just now, Hans Hartmann said:

And do I understand you correctly? When you release the yoke or at least move it out of the fully deflected position, the instruments continue to work?

That's correct. They just freeze in full nose down and then any other position they resume.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Flyboy3121 said:

Sorry to keep pushing these fps issues on both you and Mathijs.

It's definitely not an fps issue. It's way more likely that it's something that gets stuck in a loop on max control input.

3 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

It's definitely not an fps issue. It's way more likely that it's something that gets stuck in a loop on max control input.

To me this shows that it's not the system complexity that is causing the low performance/fps on some systems, but instead it's the displays? Is this a correct assumption or am I overlooking something? Keep in mind, this may totally be a sim issue by itself as a result of the latest update. Hopefully we hear something about it in today's dev update.

I just tried this mid flight. I was getting 20-25 frames with no improvement. but after pushing the yoke forward and letting it go, I jumped up to 35 frames. instruments are working normally as well. it does drop down back to 20 for about 30 seconds but shoots back up to a solid 33-35 fps. 

4 minutes ago, Julian R. said:

I just tried this mid flight. I was getting 20-25 frames with no improvement. but after pushing the yoke forward and letting it go, I jumped up to 35 frames. instruments are working normally as well. it does drop down back to 20 for about 30 seconds but shoots back up to a solid 33-35 fps. 

You did the yoke movement in flight? Can you please clarify that after the yoke movement you were able to maintain between 33-35fps.

2 minutes ago, Flyboy3121 said:

You did the yoke movement in flight? Can you please clarify that after the yoke movement you were able to maintain between 33-35fps.

Yes, from take-off I was getting 20-25 frames up until cruise. after I pushed the yoke forward it shot up to 33-35 frames inside the cockpit. Every once in a while it will drop down to about 26-28 but it will go back to 33-35 and stay there for a bit. 

Just now, Julian R. said:

Yes, from take-off I was getting 20-25 frames up until cruise. after I pushed the yoke forward it shot up to 33-35 frames inside the cockpit. Every once in a while it will drop down to about 26-28 but it will go back to 33-35 and stay there for a bit. 

Huh. I tried in flight for a split second but then returned to normal because I was about to nose dive. I didn't notice any improvement like you experienced though. I'm going to land and try to see if I can replicate that.

here are 2 screen shots of when its stable at 33-35, and when it dips down to 25. 

Please login to display this image.

Same Problem here. When i press the yoke downwards, i have about 40fps with all systems running (on the ground). When its in neutral position i have 27 FPS.

Also when im Popping out one of the displays i get a masive FPS hit..about 10fps or so

Can confirm as well. It only happens with forwards pressure, pulling the yoke back fully does not create the same effect.

Yoke neutral: 

Yoke full forwards: 

• Herman changed the title to CRJ Yoke FPS Bug
  • Herman locked and unlocked this topic
  • Herman locked this topic
  • Herman unlocked this topic

I've posted in the other low FPS thread in the Systems forum - I can confirm this is the cause of my low FPS and stutters.

At first the yoke full forward wasn't doing anything, but I had extremity deadzone at 19% on the axis. Once I lowered it to 0 and pushed the yoke forward my FPS shot up.

I have a T16000M.

Some further testing - I don't think this is tied to peripherals. I've unplugged my stick and I still got low FPS. However pushing the yoke all the way forward with the num keys on the keyboard worked. And it requires the full forward value on the axis, tapping the key to bring the yoke back brings the stutters back.

Archived