Home Cockpit - Altitude Selector Knob Binding

LVAR:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL" Value="10" ValueOperation="Increment" />
LVAR:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE" Value="1" ValueOperation="Set">

LVAR's for knob turn and alt modifier.

8 hours ago, Cygnific said:

LVAR:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_SEL" Value="10" ValueOperation="Increment" />
LVAR:ASCRJ_FCP_ALT_CHANGE" Value="1" ValueOperation="Set">

LVAR's for knob turn and alt modifier.

Hello and thanks for that info. Can you provide a little description of how to enter those in FSUIPC? Or, maybe you could point me towards a tutorial or resource for that?

Thanks,

@HighFlyer51 @Andy B.

What is the best/easiest solution for getting keyboard commands to control the Altitude Select increase and decrease? This is a major problem for me right now. I don't have any knowledge of those software options so please if you can provide as much detail on the steps involved that would be awesome. Thanks!

I cannot tell what the best solution is. This depends a lot on your personal preferences and also your hardware. I have tested spad.next and AxisAndOhs, both work with the CRJ and MSFS LVARs. I currently prefer AAO because it works nicely with my Behringer X-Touch Mini, whereas I have some issues with spad.next with it (although I prefer the UI and ease of use of spad.next). FSUIPC7 can also work via the Mobiflight bridge (see here Using FSUIPC7 with Mobiflight WASM module - FSUIPC7 MSFS - The simFlight Network Forums), but I have not tried this yet.

Thanks @HighFlyer51 for the info. 

My hardware is just a keyboard. I'm just wanting to map two keyboard keys for Altitude Select increase and decrease. This is what I use for all other aircraft but as Aerosoft have said, those key bindings don't work for the CRJ.

Are any of those software options able to map a keyboard key to the Altitude Select increase and decrease? If more than one of them does, can you give your opinion as to which is the easiest to setup? I am not familiar with any of them currently.

And I would assume the command needs to be mapped to the CRJ specifically and not to the MFS default Alt Sel command/variable as we know that doesn't work with the CRJ.

Thanks.

I just tried the demo version of Axis and Oh's. After reading the LVARs from the sim, I created a new button assignment but I can't select any of the Local Variables - ASCRJ_FCP_ALT etc for the Simulator Event.

I tried the AP_ALT_VAR_DEC / INC but we know that doesn't work with the CRJ.

Do I need to use the scripting function? If so, please can I get exact instructions as I'm not knowledgeable about scripting.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attached, you can find several AAO scripts for the CRJ FCP knobs as well as light switches. This is largely based on the phenomenal work of @bLindye 

You should be able to import those to AAO via Scripting -> Import scripts. Once imported, the action will be available in the button events.

AAO-CRJ-Scripts.xml

• 7 months later...

Just to make sure I get it. We're talking about payware, and we're looking for workarounds for one of the most common knobs on an aircraft. Interesting. Just pointing out that A32XN, that's a freeware, does have that knob perfectly working with MSFS key bindings. I don't think it's that hard for the devs to implement it in a way or another.

3 hours ago, Jahus said:

Just to make sure I get it. We're talking about payware, and we're looking for workarounds for one of the most common knobs on an aircraft. Interesting. Just pointing out that A32XN, that's a freeware, does have that knob perfectly working with MSFS key bindings. I don't think it's that hard for the devs to implement it in a way or another.

So ... not to beat a dead horse ..  but all complex aircraft have custom variables that they need to support as they "extend" beyond what the "basic" autopilot is able to do...  Maybe in the future when Working Title is done with their Avionics work and separation of the Autopilot events, Sim Vars ability to read and write independent of AP Modes they will be able to bring additional Variables that cover all of these modes and events that don't exist in the simulation... 

Now on to your Statement that the FBW does not need custom variables ... here is their SDK docs specifically in regards to Altitude... hmmmm I mean if you want to cherry pick just the one item.. sure but it will be of no use to you if you can control all the other custom events required around it..

Please login to display this image.

Archived