Packs wont work with ground air cart

Pit Groben

When the aircraft is on ext AC power and ground air is connected, the aircraft packs wont start. The fault lights disappear though. 
When the APU is started once and then shut off the aircraft packs work as intended with the ground air cart.

• Deputy Sheriffs

What indicates to you that the packs won't start. If the fault lights are gone, that would indicate that the packs are running. You could check this also from the ECS page. So could you take a screenshot of the ECS page and post it here.

The packs are outlined in white on the ECS page with ground air prior to APU start and the sensed temperature is equal to the outside temperature.

Please login to display this image.

When the APU has been started and then shut off, the packs are outlined in green and the sensed temperature is increasing to the selected temperature.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Checked this through one of our testers. The external air unit goes into the manifold and does not supply the packs on the real aircraft as well. So the indications that you see are correct on this matter.

The FAULT light being illuminated however is an issue and we'll check it. The FAULT light should only illuminate in over temperature or over pressure conditions. So even if the packs are not supplied with air the FAULT light should not illuminate.

Thanks for your reply.

But if the air from the ground cart is going into the manifold then why are there 45 PSI in the bleed air system as indicated in the EICAS ECS Page?

AFAIK the CRJ-700 can receive low-pressure air from a ground car to the manifold as well as high pressure to the bleed air system. 

With the ground cart simulated it is possible to start the engines so that would indicate as well that the simulated ground cart delivers high pressure air?

I think this is related but I don't think the ground air cart works. In the sense that the cabin temp stays the same as the outside air temp. maybe i am doing something wrong but shouldn't the ground air cart start changing the cabin air temp once connected?

I also have this issue. With air cart and ground power cart connected, before starting APU, the packs do not turn on and cabin temperature doesn't change (i guess it should change even if air goes into the manifold and not packs, right?). After starting APU and then shutting it down I am able to turn the packs on even with ground power and cabin temperature changes.

• Deputy Sheriffs

We are investigating some areas with the ECS system. But it has been confirmed by our real world pilot advisors that the packs should not work with just extrenal air connected.

vor 18 Stunden , Secondator sagte:

We are investigating some areas with the ECS system. But it has been confirmed by our real world pilot advisors that the packs should not work with just extrenal air connected.

Okay, but then you should also not be able to start the engines with the same ground air otherwhise that would be a little contradictory.

Archived