Behringer X-touch mini

Dear all,

I´m looking for a solution (AAO and/or mobiflight based) for some basic CRJ cockpit controls with the Behringer X-touch mini interface. 

Any hints, links and possible solutions are welcome.

Kind regards

Norbert

Hi Norbert, 

I use two X-Touch mini in my vitual cockpit (one for the MCP, one for overhead / pedestal function. I've been successful in binding everything I wanted for the CRJ thanks to SPAD.NEXT (need the complete edition and to switch to the alpha channel to gain access to midi devices). I can use the encoders for AP settings, light dimming, frequency dialing, map range / mad mode changes, turning ADIRS buttons, and so on .... And can enlight the leds (for the buttons and the encoders) according to the sim ... Very immersive. I can complete a flight from cold and dark (almost) without having to use keyboard or mouse with the 320NX FBW and the CRJ.

Previously I've used this free tool : https://github.com/maartentamboer/X-Touch-Mini-FS2020 but I've abandonned it. It's powerful and free, but currently doesn't allow two x-touch at the same time, that's why I switched to SPAD.NEXT. I find SPAD so great, I'm currently switching all other peripherals to it (yoke, stick, pedals, Bravo throttle quadrant), so that I don't use MFS axis and keys settings. Easyer to backup, restore, modifiy, event when the sim isn't started. Only disadvantage : the complete edition (needed for midi devices) isn't really cheap ... 

Please login to display this image.

5 minutes ago, Norwenkel said:

That looks crazy. Nice setup but a bit to much €’s. 

For a single X-Touch, look after the github link I gave you. It's totally free, the developper is very active. As it is now it's already good, and improvements are quick. I'm pretty sure you'l be able to do almost everything you need for free (well, free in terms of money ... But you'll need some time, as everything has to be setup in text config files). It allows interaction with LVARS and the Mobiflight WASM module (which is free to)

Thanks Marko...,

i was aware of that link and already use it with the A320 FBW but just didn‘t connect it when flying with the CRJ. Will do that later on.

Kind regards

Norbert

Could 

On 3/19/2021 at 7:45 AM, MarkoRamius said:

Hi Norbert, 

I use two X-Touch mini in my vitual cockpit (one for the MCP, one for overhead / pedestal function. I've been successful in binding everything I wanted for the CRJ thanks to SPAD.NEXT (need the complete edition and to switch to the alpha channel to gain access to midi devices). I can use the encoders for AP settings, light dimming, frequency dialing, map range / mad mode changes, turning ADIRS buttons, and so on .... And can enlight the leds (for the buttons and the encoders) according to the sim ... Very immersive. I can complete a flight from cold and dark (almost) without having to use keyboard or mouse with the 320NX FBW and the CRJ.

Would you mind sharing your configuration for the X-Touch Mini, especially the rotary knob for increasing/decreasing the altitude? I can't get mine working. I do have the Complete edition of SPAD.neXt and I can toggle lights with the buttons, but the clockwise / counterclockwise turns (which I now have setup to AP_ALT_VAR_INC and AP_ALT_VAR_DEC) aren't working. As soon as I set one of those AP_ALT_VAR_INC on the AXIS_VALUECHANGE_ADD event, it works but only 1-way (increase or decrease, depending on wich action has been setup). 

EDIT: 
With the AP_ALT_VAR_INC/DEC I've set the parameter to 100, so it increments/decrements with steps of 100. This is working with Axis and Oh's, but I'd like to use SPAD.neXt. 

16 hours ago, HighFlyer51 said:

See this post for an excellent template for the Behringer touch mini:

Thank you for your suggestion. I've used AAO before, but switched to SPAD.neXt. With AAO I had everything working, but SPAD.neXt gives me some trouble with the rotary switches/knobs, thus I am curious how MarkoRamius got it working with SPAD.neXt. 

Edit:

I was using the Beta version of SPAD.neXt, but figured I might as well try the Alpha version. In the Alpha version I am able to use the clockwise and counterclockwise functionalities for the rotary buttons on the X-Touch mini. And this allows me to change the "AP_ALT_VAR_INC/DEC" with 100 at a time. Works like a charm now it seems! 

• 5 months later...
On 3/19/2021 at 1:45 PM, MarkoRamius said:

Previously I've used this free tool : https://github.com/maartentamboer/X-Touch-Mini-FS2020 but I've abandonned it. It's powerful and free, but currently doesn't allow two x-touch at the same time, that's why I switched to SPAD.NEXT. I find SPAD so great, I'm currently switching all other peripherals to it (yoke, stick, pedals, Bravo throttle quadrant), so that I don't use MFS axis and keys settings. Easyer to backup, restore, modifiy, event when the sim isn't started. Only disadvantage : the complete edition (needed for midi devices) isn't really cheap ... 

Marco, could you share these profiles for SPAD.NEXT?

Archived