EFB W&B Bug or User error?

Kaydet

Hello guys,

First thanks for the plane. Im a lucky user with 0 problems flying this. 

Where i do run into an issue, is during the initial loading using the EFB and then "change to Zero Fuel Weight" menu. Initial info; i used different numbers to try, in different sim restarts/reloads. I only ever do any fuel and weight loading stuff in the EFB and have not touched msfs loading menu. ( i did make sure the cg setting is all the way to the right as per the manual before starting the flight). I can replicate this bug? over and over again. 

I seem to run in some issues, please see the attached pictures: 

1. I enter ZFW 22000 for example as my screenshot and press enter, i enter fuel as per screenshot and press enter. Now my CG in the loadsheet shows something normal and the numbers and stuff are green. See pic 1. 

2. I then press Set this Payload in simulator.. Then something strange happens,. it sets another value then shown before, and the cg jumps right out of the envelope. Numbers change as well (payloads changes from what i actually set). Maybe im thinking wrong here, but my intention is to set the data i just entered into the EFB as my actual weight and fuel in the sim by pressing set load in simulator.(see pic 2)

3. Working with previous wrong numbers, i then click COPY PERF INIT DATA TO FMS. The numbers are different! compare screenshot 2 and 3 please. in shot 2 ZFW=20984 ( where i wanted a zfw of 22000 in the first place...) and in the FMS it shows 27386. Also ofc the gross weight is off then. So when i click send data to fms it actually sends different data then i see on the EFB??? (i did not manually enter any data in the fms here, all auto copied by the send function).

So, am i making a mistake here? or is there anything wrong in the communication between EFB and FMS?

Also after doing this settings and then going back into the Change to Passengers and Cargo menu crashes the sim the moment i make another change there. 

Hope you guys can answer this question, 

Thanks a lot, 

Mike.

Please login to display this image.

I have similar issues. Working through the tutorial flight. When entering the passengers, cargo and fuel, strange things happen. If I use the arrow keys to change the numbers, I don't get values for the bottom section (ZFW/CG etc) matching the tutorial guide (vol. 3). If I type (with the onscreen keyboard) numbers into the boxes, I get different numbers again. If I then press Set Payload in Simulator, the numbers change and if I press it again, they change again. If I play around with this long enough (it seems very random), and press Set Payload in Simulator enough, I eventually get the numbers to match the tutorial guide. It all seems a bit odd. Once it matches the tutorial guide, it then seems fine - if I change the numbers and change them back, it all seems to work perfectly.

Here is the tutorial guide screenshot:

If I use the arrow keys, I can gte close, but not exactly the required numbers, but the CG seems a bit off - ZFW/CG 14.6% v 15.2% and CG 15.7% MAC v 16.2% MAC:

If I type the numbers in exactly using the on screen keyboard, I get this - so similar, but not the same as the tutorial:

If I now press Set Payload in Simulator, I get this - which has fundamentally changed - ZFW/CG is now 30.4% and CG is 29.8% MAC - and yet all weights look exactly the same:

If I then press Set Payload in Simulator again, I now, somehow, get the correct values shown that exactly matches the tutorial guide:

So something weird seems to be going on, unless I'm doing something fundamentally wrong - which I'm very prepared to believe!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

It's a pity I've not found this topic earlier as I've also identified strange EFB calculation behaviour and started a separate topic. It's not about EFB-FMS but calculating a proper take-off TRIM. I think I also found a workaround until this issue is solved - at least my takeoffs are far better now. :)
Check it here:

48 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Also check version 1.0.0.1.

I noticed that after the update it's improved, but there are still discrepancies. Also, two clicks on "set payload in simulator" seem to be required to get the values to be closer (but still not identical. The Payload value seems to be the major culprit). Is this intended? Should we click only once or twice?

See pictures below after 1 click and after 2.

1 click

2 clicks

Adding passengers doesn't increase weight since the update of the CRJ. Weight and Balance is completly broken now. Switching to ZFW settings makes it even weirder, i can't pinpoint what's wrong. 

Here a screenshot of ZFW mode. Look at the weight differences between EFB and FS fuel and weight tab. Also notice my CG and trim settings on EFB.

Ver. 1.0.0.1 is unusable this way.

Set ZFW to correct value, so payload should change but it didn't.

1 minute ago, Danny Vincken said:

Here a screenshot of ZFW mode. Look at the weight differences between EFB and FS fuel and weight tab. Also notice my CG and trim settings on EFB.

Ver. 1.0.0.1 is unusable this way.

The passengers/cargo sync from EFB to sim was bugged in the previous version too. At least on display level, while it has added the weight to the sim (plane's suspension moves indicated the weight change) the sim loadsheet was incorrect.
Check my topic too.
You've to choices now:
1. Fill all the weight properly from sim with loadsheet before the loading screen and use EFB to calculate the trim/speed values (I'm not sure if this works properly with the current version, have not checked it yet)
2. Forget the sim loadsheet, use EFB but completely reduce the payload to zero first and then add the payload you want on the ZFW page. This seems to provide realistic payload and TRIM / SPEED values, at least at first glance it has produced proper flight model. Just remember click on "sync payload to sim" twice after reducing the weight and once after adding payload. Also add all the payload at once, do not sync in more steps (like fuel first, sync, then passengers, sync, etc.)

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The problem is in the sim at this moment. The FS fuel window doesn't update when payload is changed via Simconnect. The moment this is solved, the issue will be gone.

See my first 2 pics! If you change passengers  from 0 to 70 then no weight is increased in the EFB!! That has nothing to do with MS Fuel window.

7 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The problem is in the sim at this moment. The FS fuel window doesn't update when payload is changed via Simconnect. The moment this is solved, the issue will be gone.

Strange as - at least with the previous version - fuel was the only payload that has always synced exactly as it should. In the example above fuel seems to be in place while passenger + cargo is off. 

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, Szepy said:

The passengers/cargo sync from EFB to sim was bugged in the previous version too. 

Yes, that is because the issue in not in our code but in the sim itself at this moment. It is simply not reliable.  

Can I kindly ask people to read what is posted?

4 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, that is because the issue in not in our code but in the sim itself at this moment. It is simply not reliable.  

Can I kindly ask people to read what is posted?

@Mathijs Kok The problem is in the code of the CRJ. When you change passengers number or the ZFW in the EFB the payload is NOT adjusted in the EFB!!

• Developer

Pax/Cargo and ZFW are two different modes for data entry - made because some people asked for them. They are not supposed to update each other. You either enter Pax/Cargo OR ZFW, not both.

Archived