Pressurization bug?

Aviatoran

Your packs are most likely off.  Verify they are highlighted in green on ECS page and if not, press the two pack switches to turn them on.

20 minutes ago, ual763 said:

Your packs are most likely off.  Verify they are highlighted in green on ECS page and if not, press the two pack switches to turn them on.

But the packs being off would result in status messages on the EICAS, and there appear to be none.

Seeing the same thing in the opposite direction. No matter what I try can't seem to fix it. This is at 36000ft, start getting "diff pressure" warnings about FL220.

Included screenshots of the relevant pages and the overhead at the time.

Please login to display this image.

53 minutes ago, Luke Lewis said:

Seeing the same thing in the opposite direction. No matter what I try can't seem to fix it. This is at 36000ft, start getting "diff pressure" warnings about FL220.

Included screenshots of the relevant pages and the overhead at the time.

Your Manual Rate appears to be in full increase. I'm not entirely sure if it is the cause to your problem, but I would start there. 

This is covered in the tutorial video. (this is covered at 10:21)

Opps sorry those were results of me trying to get the pressure corrected. The bleed value was in auto and manual elevation was turned far left etc before. That was me trying to get my cabin out of a "vaccum" state with -200ft pressurization at 11psi. I believe I have it replicated now - if you set your landing elevation on the ground with your door open this is the result. Got to test another flight before I know. Not sure if that's intended.

Have the same problem maybe non disconnecting the ground air unit before you push back has something to do with it? I'm still quite new to the CRJ but I followed the cold and dark startup guide word for word and I don't think I did anything wrong.

I have got the same issue, I have already successfully completed more than 14 flights and never had that message before. But no matter what I do the cabin altitude on my current flight stays at 1394ft with a diff pressure of 10.7 psi whilst being on FL360. Even if I turn all the packs off and try to increase the cabin altitude manually nothing changes (rate stays at 0). I suppose that it has something to do with the way how you power up the aircraft. Normally I start the engines relying on the APU for bleed air but this time I just wanted to see if I starting the engines by using the ground air cart works just as well. And initially it did but with the exception of the aircraft not managing the cabin altitude correctly.

I also had an issue with the pressure. I usually switch to manual operation concerning the bleed source and verify packs on and working. Hand no issues ever since.

When i had a decompression at FL330 it was on auto. If Packs where off i would have got the issue earlyer in flight, not in cruise for already 20 minutes. After descending to FL100 and pressing the Emergency Decompression Button on the overhead the cabinpressure remained on 14000ft. After landing and opening the doors the cabin pressure still stuck on 14000ft.

On my next flight ill go back to automatic and monitor it closely.

Archived