MSFS ATC doesn't recognize Squawk Code

cyroch

46 minutes ago, Selberfliegenisttoll said:

well you give me hope :D

but... why? does it not work, how it should, with msfs?

I am in Canada ... Things work a certain way...  Vatsim people are very very good and things can be close but sometimes the international differences or phrases used are not the same.   Also sometimes you don't have full coverage and the flow is different from say what I deal with....  Then sometimes maybe the Arrivals controller is feeling the need to do more than just "clear you to the approach" and wants to vector you about... change up your approach and landing...

Where here doing an IFR flight from CYOW to CYTZ there is a kind of "less of surprises".... And when you ask for a specific Approach you get it...  From Start up to shutdown there is always a clear frequency to be on and whom you will get.

Possibly why I think Pilot Edge is a little better for that stuff... but it costs additional Money and is limited why "region" of flight.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

We are looking into the possibility of adding the automatic VATSIM mode C integration on next update. Thanks for all the feedback regarding this.

On 27.4.2021 at 21:43, LesOReilly sagte:

I am in Canada ... Things work a certain way...  Vatsim people are very very good and things can be close but sometimes the international differences or phrases used are not the same.   Also sometimes you don't have full coverage and the flow is different from say what I deal with....  Then sometimes maybe the Arrivals controller is feeling the need to do more than just "clear you to the approach" and wants to vector you about... change up your approach and landing...

Where here doing an IFR flight from CYOW to CYTZ there is a kind of "less of surprises".... And when you ask for a specific Approach you get it...  From Start up to shutdown there is always a clear frequency to be on and whom you will get.

Possibly why I think Pilot Edge is a little better for that stuff... but it costs additional Money and is limited why "region" of flight.

yes, these are all things that i haven't dealt with yet. A whole new world to discover... here i have to give myself a kick to begin with   ;)

You have to set squawk code in the FMC and not in the RTU, and the in game ATC should recognize it. It's a known bug. 

Archived