MSFS ATC doesn't recognize Squawk Code

cyroch

I have the same issue when setting Squawk code, as well. Can someone please verify if setting code in FMS is working? Or as jhuosu says to set the code after read-back works? This is really very annoying and the bug should be fixed ASAP. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always set this knob to 1, but ATC keep telling me that that my Squawk code is not functioning and after a while it’ll disconnect IFR following. 

Do you set code in RTU or FMS?

6 hours ago, TomAce said:

I always set this knob to 1, but ATC keep telling me that that my Squawk code is not functioning and after a while it’ll disconnect IFR following. 

Try what I wrote 2 posts up :) it works for me all the time. 

You just have to readback the atc instructions and confirm them. Thats all. Then you can enter whatever you want as a code and leave it in stby or 1 doesn't matter. At this point the device seems not connected to the sim.

Curbens method worked.  Even in flight.  I turned my transponder off, re-requested IFR plan, after I read back the code confirmation, I put in the squawk and turned turned the transponder on and it worked.

I had this issue for a day or so.  You need to bind a switch to turn the avionics on.  For example for me I set a switch on my honeycomb alpha (avionics switch actually) to turn on.  Once I did that it worked.  

On 4/10/2021 at 5:23 PM, TomAce said:

It will be what I just posted, guarantee it.  Bind an avainics switch on.  

1 hour ago, Seth2413 said:

It will be what I just posted, guarantee it.  Bind an avainics switch on.  

It works if you set it in the FMS as well. It is the RTU that doesn't work with setting the squawk code.

Just wondering if there's been a response from Aerosoft on this somewhere that I'm not seeing. I've seen a few threads about this, but none of the alternate solutions (such as setting the transponder in the FMC) have trigger Mode C for me on vPilot. I can click the button the vPilot client easily enough, but I'd much rather set it through the aircraft itself.

9 hours ago, TenPatrol said:

"If the aircraft does not support SquawkBox integration, then you'll need to manage the transponder mode yourself, simply by clicking the Mode C button on the vPilot main window. Mode C is indicated by this button being lit up in green, otherwise it is in standby mode."

Source

I understand that, and that works, but I would really like to see the CRJ support this natively. I think a large number of customers likely use this aircraft on VATSIM.

Its actually not just "squawk box" support anymore....   VATSIM via vPilot is tracking Mode C in regards to the MSFS:TRANSPONDERSTATE:1 Variable.  I currently setup an Event in the Spad.Next Script panel to track the CRJ LVAR and then with it modify the Sim Variable accordingly....  I have listed a separate thread about this and what data they need to drive...

My transponder code keeps on changing to another code by itself throughout the whole flight. Normally between 30 seconds to 1 minute after setting a transpoder code in the RTU or FMC. It does not change in the displays in the CRJ, but it updates to a new, seemingly arbitrary value  which is present for VATSIM ATCs and on my VA's ACARS. Is this the same issue as experienced by the other users here?

I observed this issue too, but not on each flight.

So it might indeed have to do with timing, i.e. at what point in time the squawk code is entered (I aleays use the knobs, not the FMS).

Sometimes ATC gets so pissed they cancel the IFR flight plan (wonderful silence for the rest of the flight 🙂)

On 4/22/2021 at 10:57 AM, coldhaulfield said:

My transponder code keeps on changing to another code by itself throughout the whole flight. Normally between 30 seconds to 1 minute after setting a transpoder code in the RTU or FMC. It does not change in the displays in the CRJ, but it updates to a new, seemingly arbitrary value  which is present for VATSIM ATCs and on my VA's ACARS. Is this the same issue as experienced by the other users here?

Are you putting in a "IFR" flight in the Simulator setup?  That might be the issue.. as @StanTGM points out the "Sim ATC" gets pretty annoyed and will cancel your flight plan so it might internally kick off you Squawk as well... though I find that if I change the code externally from my panels it does update in the sim... so that should have updated in the CRJ...

I have disabled the ATC voices via the menu and turned off the ATC Menu all together when flying on Vatsim.  I have also done some stuff to setup a Script panel now in Spad next (basically a Virtual BIP) which will track the CRJ LVARs and then set the MSFS Transponder State to match it.

2 minutes ago, Selberfliegenisttoll said:

Hi !

My solution that is working every time:

1 Listen to ATC which Code is assigned to me

2 type the Code into FMS/CDU

3 confirm and readback to ATC

Works every time.

Greetings, Volker.

That works with using the In Sim ATC ... But if you are using VATSIM then you would might have the ATC audio turned off so you won't hear them "calling" you to confirm/Ack their in sim request...  Thus eventually they will "cancel" your flightplan...

So if you are using Vatsim or other external ATC you need a way to change the Sim Data for that to pickup...  Also if you are using them you should make sure that you don't setup the flight in the MSFS menu as an IFR flight....

If you are using the In Sim ATC the your solution is 100% going to result in success .... unless you stop paying attention like i do sometimes fiddling with buttons and they cancel you :)  .... but I digress with my "issues:...

vor 47 Minuten, LesOReilly sagte:

That works with using the In Sim ATC ... But if you are using VATSIM then you would might have the ATC audio turned off so you won't hear them "calling" you to confirm/Ack their in sim request...  Thus eventually they will "cancel" your flightplan...

who would want to fly with the in sim ATC on when flying on Vatsim? You can just turn off the ATC in the sim.

3 hours ago, Puuhbear said:

who would want to fly with the in sim ATC on when flying on Vatsim? You can just turn off the ATC in the sim.

I don't know why... just offering what could be an issue if they see problems popping up constantly as they go...... I would be great if you could just truly "disable" ATC all together :)

3 hours ago, Selberfliegenisttoll said:

yes of course - there are many other problems... ;)

VATSIM will be the next big step for me i guess - but first the sim has to work fine and i have to be familiar with it...

I actually find Vatsim harder than real life sometimes :)....

vor 5 Stunden , LesOReilly sagte:

I don't know why... just offering what could be an issue if they see problems popping up constantly as they go...... I would be great if you could just truly "disable" ATC all together :)

Don’t know what you mean. I have  ATC disabled. 

Archived