Squawk does not work on vatsim?

I'm not entirely sure if this is an aerosoft problem or a mfs2020 problem, But when connecting to vatsim. i set up the flight and everything aswell as tcas, But for the controller it never shows that i am squawking... 

just to clarify, I've seen multiple other people i know have a similar issue with only this aircraft, To my knowledge i set up the tcas correctly, and had edward the pilot show me one time but still get this issue 

On your RDU, is the squawk code showing in green or white? If it is still in white, then you may need to select Transponder 1 (or 2) using the switch next to the standby radio.

Here's a link for the same aircraft, just in another subforum here with a photo of where to find the selector: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/125625-transponder-tara/

Yes, I am aware about that. I've done a few following checklists and a few not. I will go and test it now thanks. I believe that may be it but im not sure, I've seen it before on the checklist but wasnt sure what it was.

I've confirmed that changing the ATC switch in the Aerosoft CRJ does not trigger the particular SimConnect variable that vPilot uses to automatically trigger Mode C. That means that, for right now, you will manually need to enable Mode C in vPilot. The CRJ does set the squawk code in the correct SimConnect variable, so the code is communicated correctly, but not the transponder state.

In my own integration, I've made a small button for myself that automatically sets the SimConnect transponder state to Mode C whenever I engage the ATC switch in the CRJ, but that doesn't respect the unexposed ALT setting inside the RTU.

For Aerosoft, in order to make this work, whenever ATC 1 or 2 are active, you need to update the TRANSPONDER STATE:1 variable to 4 (if Mode C), 3 (if not Mode C), and 1 (if in standby).

There is currently no SimConnect variable that indicates "IDENT" has been pushed, so vPilot can't recognize when you push that button in the sim. So, if asked to IDENT, you'll still need to do that from vPilot.

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2021 at 3:06 PM, Marcus Griep said:

I've confirmed that changing the ATC switch in the Aerosoft CRJ does not trigger the particular SimConnect variable that vPilot uses to automatically trigger Mode C. That means that, for right now, you will manually need to enable Mode C in vPilot. The CRJ does set the squawk code in the correct SimConnect variable, so the code is communicated correctly, but not the transponder state.

In my own integration, I've made a small button for myself that automatically sets the SimConnect transponder state to Mode C whenever I engage the ATC switch in the CRJ, but that doesn't respect the unexposed ALT setting inside the RTU.

For Aerosoft, in order to make this work, whenever ATC 1 or 2 are active, you need to update the TRANSPONDER STATE:1 variable to 4 (if Mode C), 3 (if not Mode C), and 1 (if in standby).

There is currently no SimConnect variable that indicates "IDENT" has been pushed, so vPilot can't recognize when you push that button in the sim. So, if asked to IDENT, you'll still need to do that from vPilot.

How did you do this?

• 5 months later...
On 3/19/2021 at 11:06 AM, Marcus Griep said:

I've confirmed that changing the ATC switch in the Aerosoft CRJ does not trigger the particular SimConnect variable that vPilot uses to automatically trigger Mode C.

Has Aerosoft addressed this issue in subsequent updates? I'm just getting started with the CRJ and once I'm comfortable I'll be heading to VATSIM and obviously need to know where we stand on this. 

Thanks!

Yes they linked the CRJ to the Standard MS Transponder State variable..  Have to make sure you have enabled it correctly...

make sure (Item 5) is set to 1 and not STBY that will select the Cpt RTU as the source for the Transponder..

Please login to display this image.

Then... make sure the RTU is set to ALT ON

Please login to display this image.

Archived