Thrustmaster hotas-warthog throttle not working for CRJ

Hi, 

I've downloaded the CRJ for flight Sim 2020. I'm reviewing your CRJ for my channel (GripperSim).

The throttle is not responding at all for the CRJ but it is for other aircraft in the sim.

Anyone have any ideas as how to get this working? Does it work for you or am i missing something?

I also have a TQ6 quadrant, I may have to try it on that. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!   

I believe there is a problem.

1. No other throttle to any other controller.

2. Only the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

3. Throttle 1 AXIS, Throttle 2 AXIS 

Now will work but the throttle jitters all over the place and you can't control the speed.

Now you ask about calibration procedure?

If you use default same as above " jitter " all over the speed spectrum.

I you try to do the manual adjustment it creates another problem?

The jitter will be gone but you now have no Throttle movement in the cockpit?

How can you place your Throttle in a climb position or other positions if your Throttle does not move.

No problems with Throttle with any other aircraft only Aerosoft CRJ

Bought this aircraft with hope of having an aircraft that is flyable in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Looking for a fix or work around solution. Otherwise the aircraft is staying in the hangar.

I have finally figured out how to import a saved flight plan directly into the FMS of the Aerosoft CRJ.

First you need a flight plan in Aerosofts .flp flight plan format. SimBrief will export to this plan.

Then the file needs to be copied here:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj\work

In the CRJ FMS:

Press FPLN Button.
Press LSK 6L <SEC FPLN
Press LSK 5L <ROUTE MENU
Press LSK 1lL <PILOT ROUTE LIST
Press LSK 1L/R, 2L/R, 3L/R, or 4L/R to select the desired flight plan.
You will see ROUTE LOADED (MSG) at the bottom of the FMS screen in amber.
Press LSK 5L <SEC FPLN
Press LSK 5R ACTIVATE>
Press the EXEC button

Note that airways are not loaded in the FMS. Instead you will get direct routes to every waypoint along the airways you specified in your SimBrief flight plan.

I got this info from the documentation in:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\aerosoft-crj\Data\Documentation

From SimBrief you should be able to export both a MSFS and Aerosoft flight plan. Then you could load the MSFS one at the world map and the Aerosoft one in the CRJ and they should match.

• Aerosoft

"Now will work but the throttle jitters all over the place and you can't control the speed."

Sounds more like a calibration issue.
Can you make a short video showing that jittering ?

I suppose you also correctly calibrated the detents in the EFB ?

Thanks for the reply. 

I will make a short video of the jitter as it will be quite obvious when you see it.

As to correctly calibrate the detents in the EFB this will do two things one the throttles will no longer move and will also show an error.

Is there anyone that got the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog working/

1. Here is the video.

2. Microsoft has one setup for all of your aircraft for your Throttle. Why does Aerosoft required a separate setup for the Throttle?

3 Error message. Error Engine #1 and #2 CLB overtaps TOGA?

4. Any adjustment made IDLE, CLIMB,TOGA AND MAX POWER always inputs -99999?

Please login to view this video.

• Aerosoft

There is definitely something wrong between the EFB calibartion and the throttle signal.

Do you see the "Raw Input Data" values change during calibration ?

Please login to display this image.

I would have to agree the Raw Input Data change as I move the throttle. But I am at a loss as to what?

Only answer I have is that it is not compatible with the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog.

Hope someone will come up with an answer?

On 3/18/2021 at 8:19 AM, tinmouse said:

Hi, 

I've downloaded the CRJ for flight Sim 2020. I'm reviewing your CRJ for my channel (GripperSim).

The throttle is not responding at all for the CRJ but it is for other aircraft in the sim.

Anyone have any ideas as how to get this working? Does it work for you or am i missing something?

I also have a TQ6 quadrant, I may have to try it on that. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!   

I believe it could be a problems with the CRJ Throttle Control? It could also be that we need a fix from Microsoft?

Then again why do all other aircraft have no throttle problem? The HOTAS 

WARTHOG IS A KNOWN HIGHER END CONTROLLER. Why was it not tested?

I would think that Aerosoft at least would acknowledge the problem instead of all of us trying to find a fix?

In any case it is parked in the hangar.

• Aerosoft

The Warthog is a simple device made of analog axes and buttons.

Totally similar to any other devices.
There is no reason why it would not work.
I have tested it myself without any trouble.

I didn't understand if the Raw value were changing or not.
It should behave like it does in this video : 

My warthog throttle works fine in the CRJ, it is assigned throttle 1 and 2 in MSFS, I had to make sure it wasn't assigned any other axis, I use the Zoom lever as the air speed brake. The flaps switch does funky things so I use the china hat for flaps.

Not much I can tell you other than I set it up per instructions already given here.

Just a thought, it may not have any bearing, but I run my WH Throttle with all switches in the off position, otherwise I get the dreaded altimeter/heading in 1000s increment bug. So in Windows controller settings I make sure no buttons are pressed on the throttle, its a nightmare in some games as the always on switches can affect things adversely.

Good luck

Please login to display this image.

Thanks for replying at least you are showing the HOTAS WARTHOG THROTTLES.

Are you telling me that you are running the CRJ with your default Throttle setup because Microsoft assigns these by default? Did you make any modifications?

Next are you telling me you do not use the Aerosoft Throttle setup?

Is your HOTAS up to date as far as firmware update by Thrustmaster?

Are you plugging your HOTAS to a 2.0 USB or a 3.0 USB

I am trying to check everything because I use the HOTAS Joystick, HOTAS Throttles and Thrustmaster TM Rudders and have been using them for 8 years without any problems in FSX, P3D and Microsoft with all aircraft only the Aerosoft CRJ is giving me problems. 

I am at a loss.

I am not sure if I agree with SimWare with his comment: 

The Warthog is a simple device made of analog axes and buttons.

Totally similar to any other devices.
There is no reason why it would not work.
I have tested it myself without any trouble.

Are you sure we are talking about the same item?

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwi0jJiTvcfvAhWOisgKHVduDUIYABAEGgJxdQ&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQeD2Ry_LJkJZJxDnLKEbc-l6bwtPdjfNaiUSpo-31nfq9p8rbWwnMESHyBR0HGCPOvEWc_5pOnBTVky1So1DfWtI&sig=AOD64_3G3pguhSJWU-qIUbL2EBrix5f18Q&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwi5x46TvcfvAhXHFFkFHWDsDKsQ9aACegQIARBD&adurl=

• Aerosoft

Yes, absolutely.
Just connect it to the computer, (avoid any driver) and it is recognized as a bunch of axes and buttons.
(check it in the joystick utility in Windows.)

Perform a full axes calibration and it will be recognized like any other joystick.

It is only a series of potentiometers and buttons connected to a USB interface board.

10 hours ago, NineMile said:

Thanks for replying at least you are showing the HOTAS WARTHOG THROTTLES.

Are you telling me that you are running the CRJ with your default Throttle setup because Microsoft assigns these by default? Did you make any modifications?

Next are you telling me you do not use the Aerosoft Throttle setup?

Is your HOTAS up to date as far as firmware update by Thrustmaster?

Are you plugging your HOTAS to a 2.0 USB or a 3.0 USB

I am trying to check everything because I use the HOTAS Joystick, HOTAS Throttles and Thrustmaster TM Rudders and have been using them for 8 years without any problems in FSX, P3D and Microsoft with all aircraft only the Aerosoft CRJ is giving me problems. 

I am at a loss.

This is not the default throttle setup, this is one I did, the default sucked iMO, basically that is all there is plus I use the L/G Warn button as a gear toggle, ignore the reference airspeed that was an earlier experiment. I have been using my CH quadrant but the jittery throttles make setting cruise speed hard in the CRJ so I went back to the WH.

I used the Aerosoft throttle calibration on the EFD, you pretty much have to

USB 2.0 (Blue socket) on a powered hub.

You are not using TARGET profile are you, or have it active? Just a thought.

• Aerosoft
vor 2 Minuten, Black_rat sagte:

This is not the default throttle setup, this is one I did, the default sucked iMO, basically that is all there is plus I use the L/G Warn button as a gear toggle, ignore the reference airspeed that was an earlier experiment. I have been using my CH quadrant but the jittery throttles make setting cruise speed hard in the CRJ so I went back to the WH.

I used the Aerosoft throttle calibration on the EFD, you pretty much have to

USB 2.0 (Blue socket) on a powered hub.

Do not rely on any MSFS default setup.
These were made long before any addon was released and only for some basic default aircraft.

The best practice to avoid any apparently erratic bahavior, is to start from a blank sheet : 
Remove all the default assignments and make you own set. Axis per axis and button per button.

And in the case of the CRJ, follow the EFB calibration process for the detents and make sure you assign Throttle levers to THROTTLE 1 AXIS and THROTTLE 2 AXIS.
Do NOT use THROTTLE 1 AXIS (0 TO100%) and THROTTLE 2 AXIS (0 TO100%)

Archived