Auto Pilot will not engage

I have not been able to get the auto pilot to engage once since flying this aircraft. I have run through the tutorial flight, watched YouTube videos, copied step by step videos where their AP works fine. I removed all add ins from my MSFS community folder, uninstalled the aircraft and reinstalled it. I configured my Bravo using the step by step instructions. Made sure my Alpha was not moving, I used software that monitors any movement in any peripherals.....I have exhausted EVERYTHING!!! Yaw Damper is engaged...... HELP!!!!

I had the same issue. I've done 7 flights and the AP lights (all the other AP switches would light up, just not the AP itself) would just not come on.

My solution, I have both the Alpha and Bravo. To get the AP to work you must turn on Avionics Bus 1 on your Alpha yoke! I mean, far out. But now, after around 7 hours of troubleshooting, I am in the air!

@Mathijs Kok This kind of issue could lead to a few tickets and isn't obvious so a good FAQ candidate I think.

1 hour ago, Thx1137 said:

I had the same issue. I've done 7 flights and the AP lights (all the other AP switches would light up, just not the AP itself) would just not come on.

My solution, I have both the Alpha and Bravo. To get the AP to work you must turn on Avionics Bus 1 on your Alpha yoke! I mean, far out. But now, after around 7 hours of troubleshooting, I am in the air!

@Mathijs Kok This kind of issue could lead to a few tickets and isn't obvious so a good FAQ candidate I think.

Wow after hours and hour of trying to be through on all my trouble shooting it is amazing how ONE little switch can cause that much havoc!!! IT WORKS!!! I really appreciate it! Thank you so much!

25 minutes ago, Scooter7 said:

Wow after hours and hour of trying to be through on all my trouble shooting it is amazing how ONE little switch can cause that much havoc!!!

Yeah, I've spent a lot of time getting the CRJ working but it is reliable for the moment. The Bravo switches don't work that well though. 😞

It was good to find a definitive answer for one issue at least!

I have the same issue. I hit ap but it immediately disconnects.

I also have the Honeycomb yoke and throttle. Hopefully your tips fixes it for me.

Will test tonight.

Thanks for posting this as it was starting to drive me mad as I like you have tried everything following all the videos etc.

Thanks alot for this help. AP engages now!

I was searching the mistake on my side ... :)

Hopefully this is the only button to be off on alpha and beta yoke and throttle.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Paul Fraser said:

I also have the Honeycomb yoke and throttle. Hopefully your tips fixes it for me.

Will test tonight.

Thanks for posting this as it was starting to drive me mad as I like you have tried everything following all the videos etc.

Is there any chance that the autopilot disconnect bar has been selected? That's the rectangular button that says "AP DISC". It's right below the "AP ENG" button. The AP will not engage if this button has been pushed down.

1 hour ago, Chaxterium said:

Is there any chance that the autopilot disconnect bar has been selected? That's the rectangular button that says "AP DISC". It's right below the "AP ENG" button. The AP will not engage if this button has been pushed down.

Not on mine no. I did flick it a few times but not the issue for me. Hopefully the above posters comment fixes it as I know all of my alpha and bravo switches are in the off positions. Looking forward to testing it out later tonight.

9 hours ago, Paul Fraser said:

No, you have a similar issue. For ours it did not connect at all.

Your issue is probably that the yaw dampers aren't on. I've read in other posts that this will cause a disconnect. Another reason is your yoke produces too much noise so you may have to set the yokes movement disconnect sensitivity set lower in the EFB.

19 hours ago, Thx1137 said:

No, you have a similar issue. For ours it did not connect at all.

Your issue is probably that the yaw dampers aren't on. I've read in other posts that this will cause a disconnect. Another reason is your yoke produces too much noise so you may have to set the yokes movement disconnect sensitivity set lower in the EFB.

Yeah that was my issue also kept forgetting the YD.  just finished my first successful flight all I can say is WOW 

Archived