a silly question about AT to CRJ

gabriel122

We all know that except CRJ1000,  other models have no AT as a standard configuration, but in real world,  AT for 500, 700, 900  is a optional choice to airliners, so my question is if the AS team will add this feature to 500/700 in future?, and  the CRJ1000 addon will come with AT function?  thanks

It is an option that I can't find a single operator using real world. I see some mentions of "European operators" that "may have it".  The most common CRJ auto throttle system I see is call IPMHOTTLAIMT (I Put My Hand On The Thrust Levers and I Move Them).  In all seriousness, the Airbus and Boeing aircraft provide all the set it and forget it flying we need.  Part of learning to fly is power management and this aircraft is for someone that wants to fly it not ride it.

AFAIK (I could be wrong) the only CRJ autothrottle option is for the CRJ-200. It is made by a company called Safe Flight. AT are “doable” for the CRJ-200 because that model does not have FADEC - the power levers are simple mechanical controls that go from idle to max power.

Autothrottles are generally not compatible with the kind of FADEC found on the CRJ 700/900, where the throttle quadrant has fixed detents for takeoff and climb and a variable section for cruise and descent. 

10 hours ago, gabriel122 said:

We all know that except CRJ1000,  other models have no AT as a standard configuration, but in real world,  AT for 500, 700, 900  is a optional choice to airliners, so my question is if the AS team will add this feature to 500/700 in future?, and  the CRJ1000 addon will come with AT function?  thanks

Meaning that the upcoming CRJ1000 will have AT?

• Herman locked this topic
On 3/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, Dolly77 said:

Meaning that the upcoming CRJ1000 will have AT?

The CRJ-200 is the only aircraft in the CRJ series that has an option for autothrottles. The FADEC engines on the 550/700/900/1000 are not compatible.

Archived