Lift at landing.

mynolix

Never flown a CRJ personally, so it's a question first of all. When the calculated landing/approach speed is e.g. 137kts and I touch down at roughly 125-130 (still working on my throttle skills) the plane will float over the runway like crazy. I even had an instance where the nose wouldn't drop until I reached about 60kts (All flaps full). Also I feel the pitch is rather high when approaching. Is all that normal? (Using the modern flight model)

I have also noticed that landing at the prescribed v speeds for approach and landing results in a very long float. Sometimes I am landing 10 kts under vref and still finding fairly substantial float.

Not sure if this is related but I find applying the last notch of flaps results in a considerable ballooning of the aircraft. I don't know if this is normal...it seems strange though as though it is generating substantial/excessive lift.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived