Engines Shutdown When Nearing Idle with the Logitech Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Hello,

I've been enjoying the plane so far, but sometimes my engines shut down when my throttle goes near or at idle (during taxi, descent) etc. I'm using the Logitech Saitek Yoke with the Throttle Quadrant. Also, my engines have turned off after going back into the sim after being in a MSFS menu. Has anyone else had this issue? It makes flying the CRJ a huge pain when I have to restart my engines constantly. On my last flight, I was near idle while descending and the engines shut down which caused me to crash on short final. When I advanced the physical throttles, the throttles in the SIM did not respond and you can see N1 is about 52 when N2 is 0. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Please login to display this image.

yes i have the same problem. Yesterday evening I noticed this problem. I thought maybe I did something by accident, but it happened several times. I haven't solved this problem yet.

Equally confused about this, I haven't read all the throttle threads yet but I spend 2 hours doing the tutorial setup to then start taxiing and then I put my throttle to close to idle and the whole thing shut down and wiped out my FMC flightplan as well, same stuff upon landing.  I can't pull the throttle back to idle or the whole thing just powers off and the screen fills with warnings and alerts.

I'm assuming this is user error at this stage but any feedback would be useful.

I have figured out that the N2 indicator being wrong is due to the tablet on the left being in the throttle calibration screen. But I'm still trying to figure out what is causing the engines to shut down repeatedly. Any ideas?

• Aerosoft
On 3/18/2021 at 2:56 AM, 17packersfan said:

Hello,

I've been enjoying the plane so far, but sometimes my engines shut down when my throttle goes near or at idle (during taxi, descent) etc. I'm using the Logitech Saitek Yoke with the Throttle Quadrant. Also, my engines have turned off after going back into the sim after being in a MSFS menu. Has anyone else had this issue? It makes flying the CRJ a huge pain when I have to restart my engines constantly. On my last flight, I was near idle while descending and the engines shut down which caused me to crash on short final. When I advanced the physical throttles, the throttles in the SIM did not respond and you can see N1 is about 52 when N2 is 0. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Please check that no buttons assignment in the throttle quadrant or yoke are engine or starter related.

There may be some default assignment left that interfere with the engines.

I have just found out that if an axis is assigned to mixture axis in MSFS it will shut down an engine in the CRJ if you pull the mixture lever. I was having issues with No 2 engine shutting down on landing, I had my speed brake lever dual assigned to brake and no 2 mixture, it normally works when flying jets and props as they never interfere.

• Aerosoft

That is the problem with default assignments.
It will really affect aircraft differently according to the manufacturer, aircraft type, simulator, developper's logic.

Please see this post about peripherals : 

Archived