Default ATC does not allow IFR clearance

Kevin Sawyer

Here what I do to get it to work somewhat. Set up a SimBrief account and make a flight plan and import it into the sim like how some of the tutorial videos tell you to. Now to get atc, take than same plan but upload it to the normal MSFS game saves and flight plans saves area as a PLN file. Once in the sim, load the save from the load option, and select what gate you want to start at. It’s not perfect, but it’s worked for me so far and gives me a good estimate on when to ascend descend and other stuff. I’m sure more accurate tutorials on how to do this will be made at some point.

@moxiejeff @Kevin Sawyer The CRJ FMC is not connected with MSFS flight planning because they use different nav databases. If you still wish to use MSFS ATC you will need to build the flightplan in MSFS and the FMC. In this case MSFS ATC should know about your intentions and give you the clearance.

Archived