EFB can't update payload

flyinion

EFB "set payload in simulator" updates fuel just fine.  It completely ignores any payload settings either in ZFW mode or setting individual PAX and  cargo weights however.

Please login to display this image.

Ok this REALLY needs an answer.  Someone on Avsim said it doesn't work and you just have to set it manually.  Ok sure, so any time I change the pax or cargo values, the sim sets the fuel back to the defaults.  I can then press "set payload in sim" to get the fuel fixed again, but adding weight to each zone it's impossible to match up the CG to the value in the EFB.  Someone care to explain how to fix this?  I don't feel comfortable even trying a flight at all if I can't get the weight and CG right for the takeoff performance!!

Ok I really don't understand what this stupid EFB is doing.  If I change the values of the cargo, but not the fuel and set payload, it doesn't change the weight in the sim's pax/cargo, but somehow the CG number magically changes (and still doesn't match the EFB's CG).  

We all live in different time zones so for me e.g. your Q came up at 1 A.M. Please give us time to react. Thank you.

The EFB will read the PAYLOAD only on first initialisation. So if you make the changes prior of starting the flight, youl will have the same data in the EFB.

NOTE: It is always better to do PAYLOAD changes in the EFB itself and not in the sim (this is why after loading the ACFT the information goes only one way).

Use for these adustments only the EFB!

If you push the EFB tranfer buttons all needed fuel and weights will insertet into the FMS Performance page.

The only thing was you should check is that the CG in the MSFS aircraft menue is full to the right.

Compare the weights only with the entries in the FMS.

1 minute ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

We all live in different time zones so for me e.g. your Q came up at 1 A.M. Please give us time to react. Thank you.

The EFB will read the PAYLOAD only on first initialisation. So if you make the changes prior of starting the flight, youl will have the same data in the EFB.

NOTE: It is always better to do PAYLOAD changes in the EFB itself and not in the sim (this is why after loading the ACFT the information goes only one way).

That's still not making sense, sorry.  No matter what I try, setting payload in the EFB is not changing any payload settings in the sim's fuel window.  All it changes is the fuel itself.  Are you saying set the payload in the flight config menu before loading into the sim with "fly now"?

5 minutes ago, Hoffie3000 said:

Use for these adustments only the EFB!

If you push the EFB tranfer buttons all needed fuel and weights will insertet into the FMS Performance page.

The only thing was you should check is that the CG in the MSFS aircraft menue is full to the right.

Compare the weights only with the entries in the FMS.

I understand that "copy perf init data to fms" will set it in the FMS, what I'm saying is "set payload in simulator" only updates the fuel, and the cargo/pax weights don't update.  See my photo in the first post.  I didn't show it in the pic, but the Center Of Gravity value doesn't match either.  For instance right now I'm looking at it and the EFB says 19.9 MAC, the sim shows 20.17 MAC.  Yes the empty CG slider is at 35%

edit:  Also the EFB is showing TOW of 66,975 lbs, the sim is showing 62,779 because the pax/cargo won't update.

vor 4 Minuten, flyinion sagte:

Are you saying set the payload in the flight config menu before loading into the sim with "fly now"?

Yes! All other payload adjustements should be done only through the EFB.

7 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Yes! All other payload adjustements should be done only through the EFB.

Didn't work.  I set payload by adjusting the pax A-F zones until ZFW matched up with simbrief, then loaded into the sim at the gate.  Powered up the EFB, set to ZFW mode and set the ZFW I put in before starting the flight and entered the simbrief fuel weight and selected set payload in sim.  TOW is very close to the sim weight but EFB says CG is 17.1 MAC, Fuel window in the sim says  COG is 20.17.  I don't understand why there's even a pax and cargo or ZFW options in the EFB if it can't set them in the sim.

Anyway, it's day 2 with no flight yet, and 1am almost so now I'm out of time again.  Really hoping this can get figured out.  My theory is this is behind all the reports of 200Kt takeoffs or lifting off well before V speeds because the pax/fuel in the sim's fuel window is not actually matching up to the EFB settings.  Or does the plane just totally ignore that stuff and I'm not understanding?   Never had this much confusion with any other aircraft from FS2000 through until now and I've flown PMDG stuff, and recently all the high end mods for the sim like A32NX and CJ4 projects and the Zibo in XP.  

Maybe I wasn't clear.

The weight distribution in the sim menu differs to that in the EFB. The final load should be made only through the EFB. The EFB takes care of distributing the weights as needed and sends the data to the FMS.

13 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Maybe I wasn't clear.

The weight distribution in the sim menu differs to that in the EFB. The final load should be made only through the EFB. The EFB takes care of distributing the weights as needed and sends the data to the FMS.

Ok, so spell this out for me, sorry I'm being dense (and apparently still awake lol).  Do I do option 1 or option 2......

Option 1.  Select plane and starting location, load in sim, load up EFB and set fuel, pax, cargo, "set payload in simulator" then continue even though the Fuel page in the sim does NOT match weights/CG

Option 2.  Select plane, starting location, open up fuel settings and set pax/cargo values to match simbrief ZFW.  Load into sim, open EFB, set to ZFW mode and set ZFW and fuel to simbrief value, "set payload in sim" then continue even though the Fuel page weights match but CG does NOT match the EFB.

If it's option 2, there is some documentation updating needed because I didn't see anything anywhere that says to set anything in the sim's Fuel/cargo settings before loading in.

1 minute ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

It is option 1.

Wait really?  So it doesn't matter that the sim's fuel window doesn't match the EFB's weights for pax/cargo?

Just now, GEK_the_Reaper said:

The FUEL will match it's the pax/cargo that does not.

And that's ok and normal?  Wow ok, well I can live with that if that's intended then.  It was just super unclear because I guess we're all used to having correct values in that window in the sim.  Thanks so much for the help :)

• Svaly locked this topic

Archived