Instruments freeze and aircraft freezes

CRJ Pilot

This bug is the reason why me and my friends are not using the airplane anymore. Too often this end in a frustration after a long flight while entering arrivals. 

Hab another freeze today - for the hole sim - while deleting an entered STAR. There are some serious bugs around the FMS/Arrivals. Really not to recommend the plane currently.

• Upvote 5

19 hours ago, Finn Klug said:

This bug is the reason why me and my friends are not using the airplane anymore. Too often this end in a frustration after a long flight while entering arrivals. 

Hab another freeze today - for the hole sim - while deleting an entered STAR. There are some serious bugs around the FMS/Arrivals. Really not to recommend the plane currently.

I agree. This issue persists after updates and reinstalls. I could saved the 50 dollars and found a usable plane. 

While I agree that this, and other issues, makes this aircraft currently unpleasant to use for extended usage, I don’t think it's fair to imply that it was "a waste of money". If you paid for it now, just put it on the shelf until Aerosoft has had the chance to give it a few patches. If you bought it because you love flying quality aircraft from a reputable company, that's what this will be after some time to get it right. If you haven't bought it yet, maybe wait a bit.

The real problem here is the state of MSFS, I think.

Cheers

• Upvote 2

This bug is giving me the S****, I bought the CRJ 4 days ago thinking this would a fun plane to fly, it is but: trying to add arrivals in the FMS (any airport in any country) and the the whole sim freezes.

Please fix this issue ASAP(if it's an Aerosoft issue).

Thanks.

9 hours ago, kloot said:

This bug is giving me the S****, I bought the CRJ 4 days ago thinking this would a fun plane to fly, it is but: trying to add arrivals in the FMS (any airport in any country) and the the whole sim freezes.

Please fix this issue ASAP(if it's an Aerosoft issue).

Thanks.

Aircraft has many bugs most of which have unknown fix date for. I would suggest spending more time reading FAQ you can find out how to fly it in a ‘SAFE MODE’ . It’s very manual aircraft and additional measures are needed to successfully fly it. Unfortunately devs don’t provide any progress updates so you need to check this forum everyday. 

1 hour ago, Kamil M said:

I would suggest spending more time reading FAQ you can find out how to fly it in a ‘SAFE MODE’ . 

We are discussing about the Arrival bug.
There is no a safe mode when a controller gives you a certain STAR and your 2h flight crashes.. it’s like a lottery.

Hope developers are going to give us feedback about this.

It is really a nice plane to fly but currently is grounded until the fix.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kamil M said:

Aircraft has many bugs most of which have unknown fix date for. I would suggest spending more time reading FAQ you can find out how to fly it in a ‘SAFE MODE’ . It’s very manual aircraft and additional measures are needed to successfully fly it. Unfortunately devs don’t provide any progress updates so you need to check this forum everyday. 

I can fly, no issues there. I do like to fly DME arcs followed by an ILS and I now have to fly them manually 😉

i was planning to fly to LEBB tonight ... i added DOSUL2T as STAR and the sime froze completely. I waited to see if it recovers, but then i just got CTD ...

i can upload the windows event if that is necessary ... for now i just paste the xml ... basically its "packages\aerosoft-crj\ma7601d86c6751c69_0.dll"

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
  <Version>0</Version> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>100</Task> 
  <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-04-27T20:46:42.3585325Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>16807</EventRecordID> 
  <Correlation /> 
  <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" /> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>XXXX</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>FlightSimulator.exe</Data> 
  <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> 
  <Data>60783c14</Data> 
  <Data>ma7601d86c6751c69_0.dll</Data> 
  <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> 
  <Data>607ae97d</Data> 
  <Data>c000001d</Data> 
  <Data>000000000000af7f</Data> 
  <Data>40d0</Data> 
  <Data>01d73ba4f086278b</Data> 
  <Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe</Data> 
  <Data>C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj\ma7601d86c6751c69_0.dll</Data> 
  <Data>d275e178-e9a9-435f-8fb0-cab93bfcae48</Data> 
  <Data>Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.8.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data> 
  <Data>App</Data> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

• Deputy Sheriffs

DOSUL2T contains a DME arc which is the issue. Any approach with a DME arc currently will unfortunately CTD. It's known and will be fixed on the next update. 

• Thanks 1

On 28.4.2021 at 13:20, Secondator sagte:

It's known and will be fixed on the next update. 

Is there a date for the update? Days, weeks or months? 

I paid 50 € like many others and cannot use the Crj for over a month. Because every flight i get a freeze and ctd. That is not acceptable!

No refund is possible because it was a donwload product. I getting really angry now!

1 hour ago, Fabian Helmer said:

I paid 50 € like many others and cannot use the Crj for over a month. Because every flight i get a freeze and ctd. That is not acceptable!

I have completed 20+ flights with the CRJ and the only time I had a freeze and CTD was when I loaded an approach with a DME arc.  Are you trying to load departures or approaches that contain DME arcs on every flight?

I've heard the development team is working to fix a lot of things in the next update (specifically the GS capture and tracking, as well as the drunken swerving when flying north in a crosswind), but the only CTD fix I've heard about is for the DME arc bug... 

17 hours ago, FlyByWire128 said:

I have completed 20+ flights with the CRJ and the only time I had a freeze and CTD was when I loaded an approach with a DME arc.  Are you trying to load departures or approaches that contain DME arcs on every flight?

I've heard the development team is working to fix a lot of things in the next update (specifically the GS capture and tracking, as well as the drunken swerving when flying north in a crosswind), but the only CTD fix I've heard about is for the DME arc bug... 

yes, they confirmed to fix it and thats fine. Mistakes happen, no issue here ... But, I do understand also the frustration. Sure, you can plan your flight without an approach that contains arcs, but when flying online its not unusual to be cleared for a different approach by ATC. So imagine you are flying 1-2-3 hours and ATC gives you something with an ARC DME ... well yes, you could then check the chart and tell ATC to give you something else, but thats not the point :P

Glad I found this thread. Just encountered this issue using Vatsim when arriving at KSLC.  Had the SKEE5 STAR loaded at takeoff and given the 16L ILS approach. I entered DIR to a fix and the FMC added a weird a waypoint off course and the nav turned it away from the ILS. I selected heading to correct then tried to DEL the previous waypoint in the DIR screen and that's when the freeze occurred. I was given the visual but couldn't disconnect autopilot, the autopilot constantly fought me to the point where I couldn't land and had to shut down MSFS completely. Very frustrating after a 2 hour flight.

This has happened a couple of times so far. At first I thought it was my inexperience, but now I know there's a bug in the system. I guess I'll be going back to the FBW A32NX and WT CJ4 until there's a fix. 

Ok so I've managed to recreate this issue - it appears that if I delete a waypoint from the DIR INTC screen, while in flight, execute, then go back to DIR INTC, a fix on the previous page is going crazy, then when I hit delete on that fix is when it freezes. 

This morning I was flying RKSI - ZSPD on Vatsim. Flight plan BOPTA1L BOPTA Z51 BEDES Y711 PONIK A593 DUMET. I had the flight plan loaded prior to Push and Start, but I did not have the arrival or approach loaded as they are assigned by ATC. SID was canceled by ATC and I was given DIR to IROMA, BOPTA, followed Y711 to PONIK then given instructions to descend to 4,500m and DIR PD073, a fix on the 16L ILS-Z. After loading 16L ILS into the FMC I selected the DIR INTC screen and while paging through the DIR INTC screen I found that the fix previous to PD073 (I believe it was DUMET) heading was spinning and the altitude was descending rapidly from 99999, similar to the experience prior to the freeze at KSLC. I believe this is where the loop is occurring and a precursor of the freeze.

Kind regards.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

i know this has been adressed and propably fixed already. I am just adding an example here were for some reason the FMC does not crash -despite having an ARC DME- but fails to follow. Maybe its helpful, i mean, the more information the better right? :P The red line is the flight path recorded from the ACARS and at the "green cross" i switched to HDG mode. This is the  ILS Z 21L(EGN) Approach for LGAV Athens.

Please login to display this image.

2 hours ago, thasos said:

i know this has been adressed and propably fixed already. I am just adding an example here were for some reason the FMC does not crash -despite having an ARC DME- but fails to follow. Maybe its helpful, i mean, the more information the better right? :P The red line is the flight path recorded from the ACARS and at the "green cross" i switched to HDG mode. This is the  ILS Z 21L(EGN) Approach for LGAV Athens.

This is definitely fixed in the update. All DME arcs now display on the MFD as an arc, and the aircraft follows the displayed arc very precisely.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

This morning I was excited to fly the CRJ during ZUUU - VNKT VATSIM event. But my sim freezes then crashes completely every time I'm loading a specific point in my flight plan. The route is: MUMG9W/02L MUMGO B213 LXA B345 KIMTII.

I start by loading the position, then enter ZUUU as the Orig and VNKT as the Dest. Then I enter the MUMG9W/02L as the departure, then enter B213 airway in the second line of the flight plan and LXA as the fix, then I enter the KIMTI 1R and the RNAV 02 as the arrival information and when I select the RNAV 02 is when the sim completely freezes followed by a crash. 

Is this a known issue in with the CRJ? Can anyone reproduce this issue? 

Kind regards.

That is an RNP Approach which the CRJ can not do in "real" world....  That said I am curious if it has to do with the "Arc" issues since this approach has a whole lot of arc legs....

I see - and there's no way for the FMC to omit that as an approach option, like they do with runways that are too short? That would certainly be a better option than the system freezing entirely. I'll try to enter the VOR approach and see if that provides a different result. The game is not freezing when I enter the STAR, only when I select the RNAV 02. 

There was another thread regarding the RNAV RNP approaches and yeah they said that neither the Navdata source options apparently had any kind of "field" regarding the RNP or not for the RNAV...  I am sure once they fix the ARC bug that this will work as well....  Plus as other pointed out the real CRJ may not be authorized for the RNP but that does not mean the Simulator will not be able to fly it :)...

I asked over in the Navigraph forum (since I use that service for Data) if they would be able to offer an option for the CRJ to filter those out when installing the Data... No idea if they can or will.. 

LesOReilly - Thanks for the info. I really hope Aerosoft and Navigraph can work together to find a solution on this one. But in the mean time I'll make sure not to enter any RNP approaches in the FMC.

I did go back to the airport and load the VOR and did not have any issues. 

Thanks again for all the info.

Kind regards.

5 hours ago, drumstick2345 said:

LesOReilly - Thanks for the info. I really hope Aerosoft and Navigraph can work together to find a solution on this one. But in the mean time I'll make sure not to enter any RNP approaches in the FMC.

I did go back to the airport and load the VOR and did not have any issues. 

Thanks again for all the info.

Kind regards.

The problem in the current version where the FMS can crash when loading a DME Arc procedure is related to crashes that can occur when RNP approaches are loaded. Both problems are fixed in the upcoming update. It is still advisable to avoid RNP approaches since the sim may not fly them correctly, but they should no longer cause the FMS to freeze.

• Upvote 1