Instruments freeze and aircraft freezes

CRJ Pilot

Same problem here, happened multiple times to me now and I'm on v1.0.0.1.

While still on ground at EDLP and trying to enter flight plan data in the CDU, the sim likes to crash after I hit the DEL button. I can still hear the APU running and people are still moving around the plane at the airport but all of the displays and the EFB are frozen and none of the buttons are working anymore.

In the screenshot below I tried to delete N624 that I put at the wrong step obviously. Right after hitting DEL the sim crashed on me.

Please login to display this image.

7 hours ago, Fisu said:

mmmm, this is not the way. The problem is CTD when you are manipulating the MFS, in the DEP/ARR config, only in de ARR, whe choosing the star and the aprox type.

Very anoying when you are in a fly 1,5 hours ago, and the ATC tells you, a different aprox (IVAO, VATSIM) not configured in the dep airport. For play off line no problem because you dont go to change nothing infly.

just a question, your flightpan has origin n destination targets?. 

wondering.

my crashes mostly is when I fill in without origin . hmm. maybe it's just one of the symptoms

I’m also experiencing the FMS freezing while inputting a flight plan on the ground. This has only happened since the update - I didn’t have any issues before 0.1.3

I do not have FSUIPC, so that is not likely to be the culprit. I also haven’t changed the way I enter the flight plan - I enter the origin, destination, departure, waypoints and arrival in that order. This worked just fine until the 0.1.3 update.

@Secondator

I've just had another FMS related freeze. 

Thus time I've correctly input origin and destination, and the route. 

Upon reaching destination, there's an approach change by ATC, hence I tried to change approach.

It hanged/stuck when I chose an approach. 

seems like not limited to origin-less flight plans. 

I signed up just to also report this issue. No issues until most recent update. No FSUIPC and I always program my flight plans the same way (origin & destination, etc). Approaching in to destination, ATC assigns my approach and just as I open the FMS to input the approach, all systems locks up. Aircraft is still flying but no buttons/systems are responsive in the aircraft. I'm 2/3 of approaches where this has happened, causing me to have to shelf the CRJ until I can actually program an approach. Happy to provide any additional details if needed.

To devs that concern:
Here's another hang/CTD that i reproduced for you additional debugging purposes.

Steps:
1. Load into airport: VTSP, one of the parking areas, AIRAC2103

2. Use EFB and put aircraft state to "READY FOR TAXI"

3. POS Init as normal
4. Got to route menu and load up the attached flight plan file. VTSPVTBD

5.  Press "ACT STORE" button to load it

6. Press "ACTIVATE" for the stored flightplan

7. Press "EXEC" to execute the flightplan

8. Go to flightplan page 3/4

9. Delete the last line, by pressing LSK 5

10.  Sim hangs, and my processor has basically one thread 100% used, kinda like a forever loop. 

Thanks devs! Hope the information is able to help you guys solve some of the issues. 

Please login to display this image.

VTSPVTBD.flp

I have the same issue. 

For example: At EKVG, i selcet RW30 and after i press the SID ODEV2N. The Simulator freeze and after a few secend a crash to Desktop. 

Yesterday i fly GCXO - LPMA - GCLP - GCLA without any problems. At GCLA the Sim freeze and crash to Desktop after i will select a dep. 

I hope this will fixed soon. 

Same worry here, Load on cold dark, import from simbref a VQPR to VQPR by BOGOP BOGO1A. Import simbref to the mcdu and change the arrival for RNAV-Z.

Same worry also with cold/dark, set VQPR/VQPR and select RNAX15-Z. When the rnav is selected the MFS freeze completely.

I used the last AIRAC 2103 rev01

Was asked to add to this: the displays all freeze when full forward elevator is applied. In this example, climb power is applied but you can see N1 is at 21% on the CAS (the sim isn't frozen, and the engines were most definitely producing climb power. I'm also getting cautions about takeoff config):

image.thumb.png.ff3ed14b4bc2fd99a0b14a85ad7588a5.png

Since latest update MSFS crj550  the sim freezes and crashes to desktop every time I try to enter the route from KMSP to KDLH in the FMC.  Once the orig and dest codes are entered, try to enter the arrival for ILS27 with DAYAR transition.  Instant freeze of system and crash to desktop after about 20 seconds.  Repeated with same result 4 times.

On 4/7/2021 at 11:21 PM, amahran said:

Was asked to add to this: the displays all freeze when full forward elevator is applied. In this example, climb power is applied but you can see N1 is at 21% on the CAS (the sim isn't frozen, and the engines were most definitely producing climb power. I'm also getting cautions about takeoff config):

This is not FMS related, I think? I could be wrong but perhaps it's best to create a separate thread for this. I think perhaps the notification "Do not create lists" is intended to un-tangle tangles like this.

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are multiple issues discussed in this topic? I have the issue with the freezing avionics while entering my FMS data (usually when removing discontinuities) almost every flight, quite frustrating. Unfortunately the update didn't fix this for me. But in this topic I see people mentioning CTD's as well, I've never had that.

If there is any way I can assist by providing data/logs I will be happy to help, not sure if you already have enough data to work with.

Agreed!  Sadly, I'm among those who have had to shelve this plane until this problem is fixed.  Too bad I can't go back to pre-update version that worked better.  I tried removing all items from community folder and the problem remains.  I can't enter an approach without the plane freezing and CTD shortly after.

After changing my system,i've reinstalled everything from scratch, done some testing and did'nt encountered the problem again.

Still some issues though like switches not moving temporarily or pressurization not working properly, but no freezes when inputting the mcdu nor during normal operations.

Minor issues but now i can finish my flights.

It can only get better now....

I've tried switching approaches in flight multiples times i could not reproduce the crash.

Maybe a fresh reinstall can be a solution.(Reminds me the fsx times.....)

I don't understand why I should have to uninstall the entire simulator and reinstall it because this single addon developed problems following the latest update made by Aerosoft to this addon.  I'm hoping that they are working on this issue and can fix it without requiring all their customers to reinstall the entire MSFS simulator.

• Deputy Sheriffs
12 minutes ago, jer029 said:

I don't understand why I should have to uninstall the entire simulator

Who told you to do so?

I can confirm there are still random freezes happening when you select approach. Most of people who enter their complete flight plan from the start won’t see any issues, but for rest of us who fly on Vatsim or use live weather and are likely to change approach the issues remains it doesn’t happen on a flight to flight bases but when it happened it’s very frustrating especially on Vatsim or OnAir 

I can confirm this happened twice yesterday when on the ground clicking at the STAR (DOSUL2T) from EGLC to LEBB. It freezes for some secs and then CTD.

Also had a ctd the day before approaching EKVG after 2 h flight.  3 on a row.
Never had a problem before.

I deleted the aircraft and reinstalled and seems to work ok afterwards but I haven’t done a full flight yet.

I will try to create a log if this happens again (As Hans instructed).

Yes, I reinstalled aircraft without any change.  I think it seems to be related to specific waypoints on the approach.  For example, KMSP to KDLH, the DAYAR transition will always freeze and then CTD, but the DLH transition works.  

I strongly recommend testing possible arrivals before you actually fly to ensure they are functional.  I think that, if they are, then you will be able to successfully complete the flight using those tested approaches.

I am having the same issues, installed the latest version and everything freezes when trying to enter an approach (whilst on ground) on DEP/ARR page

Basically very simple (YSSY direct to YSCB) select approach for YSCB and it freezes everything.

Does same in reverse order.

15 hours ago, gorrack said:

I deleted the aircraft and reinstalled and seems to work ok afterwards but I haven’t done a full flight yet.

I will try to create a log if this happens again (As Hans instructed).

No it does not, tried accidentally another star and I thought it fixed.. When entering DOSUL2T it freezes and crashes to desktop everytime. 
I have a dump log (3gb compressed 7z) and I will upload it later but I guess is a known issue.