Instruments freeze and aircraft freezes

CRJ Pilot

This has happened for me pretty much every single flight i have made since getting the CRJ. Sometimes on the ground, most often mid air. I have posted here about this too, but no replies.

What seems to happen to me when programming the FMS, all the screens freeze, but the airframe continues to fly no issues, unfortunately i have to terminate the flight every time due to all the screens being frozen. Seems to be the same issue as BritishAvGeek had.

WASM: Exception c000001d in gauge MCDU1V in module C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\aerosoft-crj\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_700\panel\ASCRJ_700.wasm

Here is a video of what happened. Hope it helps.

• Upvote 1

After the update my CRJ freezes as well. I tried it twice with a fligth from CYVR-CYLW. Entering the approach during the preflight im the FMC as soon as I select the approach for CYLW (RNAV-Z-34) the whole simulator freezes. I use the Navigraph-Airac, but until now, no problem like that occured to me.

Kind regards Chris

• Upvote 2

Got now freeze during fill FMC.

All cockpit is freeze. Buttons/stick nothing work. No sound of clicking/rolling buttons.

Only displays work

• Upvote 1

All,

Just had the same issue. Was playing AH2 and started in the runway at KHOU. Was able to operate the FMC and autopilot in the beginning of the flight and after takeoff, but in about mid flight, I tried to tune in an ILS frequency and noticed the numbers were not moving. Autopilot wouldnt disconnect, couldnt manipulate speed nor would flaps come down. I was literally flying a box with no indicators for speed or HSI and luckily landed. 

@Mathijs Kok Version in Steam showing 0.1.2, but no update available through market place. No updates are being offered through Steam MSFS Marketplace nor content manager inside MSFS. Any advice on how to update the Steam product?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello almixon,

It seems like the update is not available yet on MSFS marketplace. We have sent the files to them and hope that they get it pushed there soon. Also the version numbering is not correct right now and we have asked them to correct that.

Happened to me today on 1.0.0.1 while trying to select an approach at KBZN. Aircraft continued flying but all screens and flight controls were frozen. I don’t have FSUIPC.

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, almixon said:

@Mathijs Kok Version in Steam showing 0.1.2, but no update available through market place. No updates are being offered through Steam MSFS Marketplace nor content manager inside MSFS. Any advice on how to update the Steam product?

There is no steam version of the CRJ, all updates for the sim bought in Steam or Microsoft store is done inside the sim.

Hi Mathijs and Hans,

I had an update from MSFS Marketplace just 30 minutes ago.
I had a freeze on the ground, selecting KJFK as destination, then going to arrivals, and selecting RNAV13Z approach

I am going to uninstall the whole plane, and reinstall, and report back to see if it still happens. If it still happens, i'll be glad to help debug in these few hours. Just tell me what to take or what files to send. 

Hang on. 

Alright,

I've reproduced the issue at least the one that i'm seeing on a fully reinstalled CRJ from Marketplace, 30 minutes ago.

Notes: I've enabled CTD registry enabled from Han's post. But since there's no CTD on two of them.... so nothing is generated.  The 3rd time, the sim hangs(haven't crashed fully, yet... but nothing is generated as well... hmmm) seems to be able to get pretty reliably from me spawning Gate 1 KSWF, entering KJFK, and simply selecting approaches. 

Could it be that the fms is calculating something causes it to loop indefinitely? wondering does it have to do with my position at KSWF and KJKJ's approaches, coupled with no origin.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Spawn on KSWF GATE 1

2. Startup using the Aircraft states button to before taxi(manual startup also can, but this is faster)

3. Once started up, confirm display working(throtle up down)
4. Go to FMS post init, init location gnss coordinates(copy from second page)
5. Go to flightplan page, enter KJFK as destination.
6. Go to arrivals, choose RNAV22 (if i choose other rnav like 13 or 31, seems to be fine?)
7. Displays and buttons and everything stops working(but plane still responds somehow) (ISSUE)

Alternative steps:
do steps 1 - 5

6. Then initiate a pushback

7. Wait for some pushback time(maybe 5s? 10s?)

8. Go to arrivals, choose RNAV31 (now rnav 31 or 13 gives the issues... hmmm)

9. Displays and buttons and everything stops working(but plane still responds somehow) (ISSUE)

Alternative steps:
do steps 1 - 5

6. Go to arrivals, choose ILS31 

7. Displays and buttons and everything stops working

8. Sim also hangs, not responding. Didn't crash to desktop. It's just stuck there for 10 minutes now.... No dump file produced even though CTD registry has been enabled using Han's registry file. 

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Secondator said:

You mention that you select destination? Do you have an origin selected at all prior to that?

no, origin was not selected.
let me try with an origin selected. Give me one moment to try again now. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yeah, if you don't have origin airport selected this kind of weird behavior could be expected. I believe the FMS simply doesn't understand the first waypoint in this case as it's not what's expected. So in the future make sure to enter ORIGIN airport first and then DEST before proceeding further building the flightplan.

@Secondator

Yeah, it seems so this way. I think what mostly triggered this observation from me was starting a flight mid air, and then entering destination data. Because i started mid air, there isn't an origin, so no origin entered. 

For me I am ok with the condition now for Origin and Dest must be filled.  Thanks Secondator.

• Upvote 1

So. To avoiding freeze during feel up MCDU, i recommend these steps:

- Load aircraft in airport

- Do not turn anything

- Hit ESC key and select RESTART flight

- Then start aircraft and fill up

Tested 4 flights with these steps - no any freeze. Need additional report

55 minutes ago, Mugz said:

So. To avoiding freeze during feel up MCDU, i recommend these steps:

- Load aircraft in airport

- Do not turn anything

- Hit ESC key and select RESTART flight

- Then start aircraft and fill up

Tested 4 flights with these steps - no any freeze. Need additional report

mmmm, this is not the way. The problem is CTD when you are manipulating the MFS, in the DEP/ARR config, only in de ARR, whe choosing the star and the aprox type.

Very anoying when you are in a fly 1,5 hours ago, and the ATC tells you, a different aprox (IVAO, VATSIM) not configured in the dep airport. For play off line no problem because you dont go to change nothing infly.

• Upvote 1