Instruments freeze and aircraft freezes

CRJ Pilot

Another one here with this same issue. Happened to me when I tried to select an arrival runway at EGKK with no flight-plan set up. As soon as I clicked RW26L on the DEP/ARR page the whole cockpit froze as others have reported above. Although the plane continued to fly I had to close the sim as the instruments wouldn't recover.

It's not FSUIPC related as I've never used FSUIPC with MSFS. In fact apart from a couple of airports I hardly have any mods installed at all. I have the Marketplace version of the CRJ.

11 hours ago, Tom Wright said:

Another one here with this same issue. Happened to me when I tried to select an arrival runway at EGKK with no flight-plan set up. As soon as I clicked RW26L on the DEP/ARR page the whole cockpit froze as others have reported above. Although the plane continued to fly I had to close the sim as the instruments wouldn't recover.

It's not FSUIPC related as I've never used FSUIPC with MSFS. In fact apart from a couple of airports I hardly have any mods installed at all. I have the Marketplace version of the CRJ.

I also confirm. No FSUIPC installed at my end and still does it. It also won't follow star approach to runways 

I got a similiar problem. During mid flight got the freeze cockpit. After a few minutes it all came alive. I was using fsuipc. Loving the CRJ. 

P.s. the plane continues flying but all the nodges and buttons wont work. No ctd .

Going to disablefsuipc and do more tests. 

Made two flight today same route and approaches as yesterday no problems everything went smooth except for the power/throttle  but that's another subject.

I,ve tested with the stock Navadata and navigraph 2102 ---> no crash.

On my previous flight i was using Avlaisoft EFB which uses Fsuipc ,don't know if it is related, i will do a bit more testing.

I'm not sure but i think EFB is doing some input in the sim via fsuipc.

Same issue on descent to KCHS. While using the FMS DEP/ARR page everything locked up plane kept flying and then everything came back after 10 min into the descent. Was using FSUIPC7

Hello there,

not sure if still of value but I have the same issue - having tested WITh and WITHOUT FSUIPC >> no difference; I do however notice it happening more often during Approach Phase ( 8 / 10 incidences)

Cheers

Philipp

On 3/19/2021 at 5:53 PM, LH4371 said:

Does it mean you had no departure airport set for KHVN and just programmed the arrival apt and rwy in flight? that matches then my experience which was pretty easy to reproduce

I got it yesterday when I (perhaps foolishly) tried to enter a destination airport into the FMS without having entered any departure airport. Panels and controls stuck, but the plane kept flying. If I moved my throttle I could hear the sound changing. No FSUIPC or other add-ons involved.

This error can be easily reproduced from my end all 5 times so far. Loaded up a flight Cold and Dark at a gate at CYYZ for VATSIM. Planned flight CYYZ-CYQM (DEDKI4 OLABA Q951 TALNO Q929 TOXAL DANOL Q951 YQM). 

All buttons and switches were working fine, UNTIL I arrived at the FMS page and input my arrival. As soon as I select ILS29 for CYQM, nothing works anymore for my displays and touch screens. Switches still flick and move, but no response. MSFS still operates as if nothing happened, but I can no longer use my FMS, the displays don't respond, hitting B for altimeter reset doesn't seem to change anything, even the pad is frozen. 

WASM: Exception c000001d in gauge MCDU1V in module S:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Packages\Official\Steam\aerosoft-crj\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_700\panel\ASCRJ_700.wasm

FSUIPC was on

Same for me.

No FSUIPC.

Everything perfect until I input a flight plan and when I get to dep/arr page, all of the panel switches and controls don't work.

The top panel worked but I also noticed that roll was animated on the control yoke still but yaw and pitch weren't.

I've not been able to fly the CRJ for 2 days, so frustrating.

Back to FBW then.

Genuinely gutted. 

1 minute ago, RossC said:

Same for me.

No FSUIPC.

Everything perfect until I input a flight plan and when I get to dep/arr page, all of the panel switches and controls don't work.

The top panel worked but I also noticed that roll was animated on the control yoke still but yaw and pitch weren't.

I've not been able to fly the CRJ for 2 days, so frustrating.

Back to FBW then.

Genuinely gutted. 

I'm sure a patch update will be soon implemented. 

10 minutes ago, CRJ Pilot said:

I'm sure a patch update will be soon implemented. 

I really hope so because this aircraft is spectacular.

I got the freezing problem with NO FMS and no saving in FSUIPC, meaning that this problem does not have to do with the fms or fsuipc.  I made 3 days in a row a very short flight 49NM, by hand, no fms. The flights were perfect! On the 4th day exactly the same short flight, the freezing started.  It freezes like every minute about 10 to 15 seconds. Fly for another minute and again the freezing happens.  Again, NO FMS and no saving on in the Fsuipc. It only happens with the CRJ.

Same issue everything seams to be frozen and It occurred on arrival preparations, it never recovered.
Route  KBFB TO KORF navigraph 2103 rev1

MY ARRIVAL AND TRANSITION where overlapping with suggested by sim brief waypoint ORF after I deleted the waypoint in legs page the whole thing froze up. I never set arrival runway to begin with since I fly in live weather. 
I don’t use mention above key binding software 

Please login to display this image.

I encountered the same situation trying to remove a discontinuity in the FPLN while parked. Aircraft and sim both froze. Not using FSUIPC. Could it be an issue with something like windows defender/firewall at all? Or unlikely?

On 3/20/2021 at 8:24 PM, ShermheadRyder said:

Yesterday I had it when selecting runway 15 at KASE

I also just experienced this while trying to select RWY 15 at KASE, and all of the displays froze. It definitely seems to be an issue with changing arrival (or possibly departure too) data.

Hi, 

Not sure if this is even remotely helpful.  Based on the last post, you may already have this mostly sorted; however, I'll submit this just in case this helps.  I had many of the same symptoms reported in this thread.  When I checked the console, I got this error message:

WASM: Exception c000001d in gauge MCDU1V in module C:\Users\rlcam\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\aerosoft-crj\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_700\panel\ASCRJ_700.wasm

Definitely made it fun to get the airplane on the ground! :D

I know pre-release, you all wanted us to monitor the last thing before the error.  The last thing I did was selected KGRR ARR from the Dep/Arr page in the FMS.  This was leg number 3 without reloading in between.

This, and the S-Turn like track are the only bugs I've had in the product so far.  All in all, an awesome release.  Thank you all so much for making this product!

To be helpful, I'm also submitting my scenario that 100% reproduces the all instruments and fmc hang condition:

Scenario:
Power up
FMC booted
Everything else booted(not sure this is needed or not)
Go to FMC, insert Destination airport in flightplan. (I didnt enter an Origin airport)
Go to arrivals
Simply choose any approach.

Everything freezes, plane still flies. 

I just had this happen to me a few minutes ago. En route from CYYZ to KCVG. When I departed CYYZ I inputed the STAR but no approach. While on my way to CVG I went to input the ILS27 and then everything froze.

I understand this may be taken care of in the new update.

Cheers,

Troy