Instruments freeze and aircraft freezes

CRJ Pilot

Hi!

I had the same issue yesterday along with someone else flying in front.

I was on the ground at Houston KIAH and began filling in all the details to the FMS. Eventually, I clicked onto the DEP ARR page to show people a lot of the arrival route options for KORD Chicago O'Hare but at that point it froze, and everything else froze too. We waited a few minutes but it didn't resolve itself so I went to the Menu and clicked Restart, to start the flight again from cold and dark.

Then, to avoid it potentially being a destination issue, I changed the route entirely. We decided to fly from KIAH to KDEN Denver instead, incase KORD was the problem.

During the cruise at the half way point I began to discuss descent, talking about the advisory Vnav and putting in the approach data. Again, on the CDU I went to DEP ARR and selected the arrival route. During this input, the CDU locked up. I then tried various other systems as we were in flight, nothing responded at all (it was the WASM crash I think I saw you mention where it quit all the processes entirely). This was unrecoverable.

I went to Active Pause then into the Menu - Settings - Dev Mode - Aircraft Selector - and reloaded the aircraft at FL380.

We then input all the data ignoring the KIAH SIDs from earlier and all waypoints already flown past to make some route back up and continued on the route. This time it allowed me to enter the destination data and no systems froze again.

During this, I went into the console and found the code mentioned in another forum page somewhere (yet to find it again) with Cx........ (It's on the stream)

When I quit the sim later, I found that I had a popup error message from Microsoft Net Framework saying it had failed

The person who flew in front of me also in a CRJ had the same issue too and another subscriber had it happen to him to a flight into Jersey too (with just 3 STARs).

I've linked the stream below to hope it helps with diagnosing the issue (or pointing out if I did something specific to cause the system crash?)

THAT being said, I'm absolutely loving the CRJ. I really do think it's excellent!

Relevant Times:

11:40 (first CDU freeze)

1hr 47 for the big freeze in cruise (and all the console information too).

I hope that helps :) keep up the amazing work!

3 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Does it freeze forever or just momentarily?

Forever until reset flight. Sometimes it freezes completely and you have to manually close flight simulator via TM.. Also freezes when you turn battery's off at end of flight and it goes to summary page if you press continue to go back into flight it'll freeze for about 1 minute. 

Had this issue as well. Here are the steps to recreate, if it helps:

• Spawn on runway 20 at KHVN
  • Set up aircraft as normal and take off.
  • Perform a normal circuit, and on the downwind leg back to RW20. select the RNAV RW20 approach.
  • At this point, the FMC and all avionics should freeze for the remainder of the flight

• Developer
4 hours ago, CRJ Pilot said:

Forever until reset flight. Sometimes it freezes completely and you have to manually close flight simulator via TM.. Also freezes when you turn battery's off at end of flight and it goes to summary page if you press continue to go back into flight it'll freeze for about 1 minute. 

OK. This sounds like an endless loop. I asked our beta testers to try and reproduce this but so far, neither they nor me was able to do so. We keep trying.

vor 4 Stunden , IcemanFBW sagte:

Had this issue as well. Here are the steps to recreate, if it helps:

• Spawn on runway 20 at KHVN
  • Set up aircraft as normal and take off.
  • Perform a normal circuit, and on the downwind leg back to RW20. select the RNAV RW20 approach.
  • At this point, the FMC and all avionics should freeze for the remainder of the flight

Does it mean you had no departure airport set for KHVN and just programmed the arrival apt and rwy in flight? that matches then my experience which was pretty easy to reproduce

Hi there,

I experience this bug also, but only when flying in America. In Europe, until now, everything works just fine. Could it be, that this is related to the included Airac Cycle?

Could this be an overal MSFS 2020 problem? I had the same issue with the CRJ yesterday after a 2 hours flight. When descending suddenly everything comes back alive. However, i've had this with the FBW A320 too. 

• Like 1

I experienced this problem as well. Flying from EDDF to EDDB, I was enroute on FL250 preparing the Arrival on the FMC. On the EDDB Arrival Page I clicked "DEP/ARR IDX" and suddenly the instruments froze but the the plane continued to fly. Very Strange.

• Upvote 2

I have also experienced this problem twice.

First time I was in-flight from Manchester to Inverness and when inputting the approach data all the instruments froze. The only working parts of the plane were the flight controls and throttle. Everything else inoperable either by mouse or controller, including gear and flaps.

The second time was similar but when entering the approach data on the ground at Manchester heading to Exeter.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve also experienced this issue twice in the past two days

Yesterday I had it when selecting runway 15 at KASE

Today I had it when selecting runway 24 at KMVY

Same symptoms as everyone else in the thread, as soon as you select an approach runway all systems in the aircraft (PFD, ND etc) freeze but the plane continues flying. It appears to be the case that all flight systems in the aircraft stop functioning as the frame rate jumps up ~15 when the issue occurs

Same here. Went into the DEP/ARR page to pick an approach and the avionics all froze. The simulator works and I can click all the switches but they no longer do what they are intended to do.

This happened today mid flight as well as on the ground. Completely different destinations in Canada. I flew several flights before today without this problem and the FMS worked just fine.

Regardless, I absolutely love the aircraft and I know this bug will get sorted soon. 

Same here, bug when i set approach during flight or on the ground during the flight preparation. Only way to continue the flight is reset completely the aircraft with dev aircraft selector.
Any have found a solution ?

Have a similar issue today. Short test flight UK, EGNH to EGCC at FL150. Once above 10,000 ft it started to freeze for about 10 to 20 seconds thought it would CTD but did not. Happened 11 times before I landed at EGCC. I downloaded the latest Navigraph data to see if it changes anything. Clear sky pre-set.

Did not go away with FSUIPC7, unfortunately.

Did same sequence 3 times without any other mods loaded but FSUIPC7 (latest version).

To recreate:
* Startup with default "cold and dark" at gate/ramp ( I start up at ENML at gate, but I don't think that's necessary to recreate)
* Switch to "Ready for taxi" on EFB
* Go to MCDU->FPLN and add "ENML" as departure airport
* Add ENBR as destination airport
* Go to MCDU->DEP/ARR
* Choose departure GIGI1B, RWY25, EXEC
* Choose "ILS 17W"
* Complete freeze for a minute and then CTD

Freeze happened three times in a row.

Third time without FSUIPC7.

Same with me tonight on ground preparing the flight and in flight tryng to modify an arrival.

It occured twice on the arrival page.

Error message from Msfs debug:WASM: Exception c000001d in gauge MCDU1V in module F:\MSFS Packages\Community\aerosoft-crj\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_550\panel\ASCRJ_550.wasm

I've had this issue on my final flight of today, flying KBUR-CYVR, it's exactly the same issue as @BritishAvgeek shows in his video at 1 hour 47 mins, when I go the enter my arrival in the FMS, extra details are I was using a 3rd Party livery (not sure if this could affect anything) and it was my 3rd flight in the same session (although I did 3 sectors on Friday with no issues), I also followed the same flows and checklists as the first 2 legs so the aircraft was set up the same way (just hoping extra info may help you recreate it)