Problem with VS Mode

Hi,

i fly today LOWK ABIRI1A ABIRI1M XIBAR2S ILS35 LOWG - CRZ FL130. On WP WG508 i set ALT to 3500 and toggle VS. VS set to -2.7. THE AP goes to -1.7 but not more.

i also set the vs to -3.7 but it doesn't help. In WP VAGIL i was on about 6500ft an the AP had a VS with -0.7. Set was -3.4. so i must fly a extra hold.

I didn't understand why he doesn't accept my VS setting.

I fly many hours with the WT CJ4 or with TBM930 and M20R. I had no Problems with VS on AP.

What's about with the ALT BUG with Honeycomb Bravo. when will be fixed?

Thanks

Chris

• Developer

Your descent speed and VS seems to be out of range for an approach. You would typically not fly more than 3° which at 250 KIAS and 3500 ft is about -1500 fpm. The AP is limited to max and min rates. If you have an abnormal situation you need to rely on your flying skills.

vor 7 Minuten, metzgergva sagte:

Your descent speed and VS seems to be out of range for an approach. You would typically not fly more than 3° which at 250 KIAS and 3500 ft is about -1500 fpm. The AP is limited to max and min rates. If you have an abnormal situation you need to rely on your flying skills.

on a approach on ILS 3° is clear . but on a normal decent on a STAR?

Here is video with some problem. set ALT 12000. After Takeoff I set AP Speed to 205. But the AP did not hold 12000 ft and overshoot and hold about 13550ft. than i set Vs to -0.7 but he don't sink. Than i change the ALT to 3500ft an set VS to -2.5 but the AP sink only with -0.7. on the end of the video i set VS to -4.0 but he sink only with -2.0

That's crazy.

Please login to view this video.

vor 30 Minuten, GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

@czuerner I see you have COWL A/I on. Can you try the same approach putting also the Wing Anti Ice on?

So new try. all Anti-ice on. but now he had problem on climb. i set VS to +4.0 nothing. when i deactivated AP and make pitch by hand I had no problem. When AP activated, they set de pitch very low and nothing happens.

After departure i set speed bug to 205 and activated Speed. But he didn't climb and he overspeeded.

I mean this is an error with the AP. When I read right, Aerosoft use the internal AP from MSFS.

Please login to view this video.

I have been running into this issue as well. Do you have any controls mapped to anti Ice? I found that when I had a switch on my Bravo quadrant mapped to anti ice that I had to switch that on as well as the wing and cowl anti ice switches on the overhead panel. It seems to be an issue where the sim ignores the clickable switches if you have a hardware switch as well. 

vor 53 Minuten, ATC0616 sagte:

I have been running into this issue as well. Do you have any controls mapped to anti Ice? I found that when I had a switch on my Bravo quadrant mapped to anti ice that I had to switch that on as well as the wing and cowl anti ice switches on the overhead panel. It seems to be an issue where the sim ignores the clickable switches if you have a hardware switch as well. 

Thanks great. This that was the problem. I had Pitot Heat on/off mapped on a switch

Now its better. The only think was he did not switch automatic to LOC when I was on the ILS. I mean Hans wrote that's was implanted. But doesn't matter.

Seeing the same weird behaviour, where suddenly V/S and Speed Mode are acting wild.
Checked all the assignments of ALPHA / BRAVO and other controls.

I only found out that this seems to happen in REAL weather set where ICING possibility exists.  Probes and COWL / WING antiice ON

Switching to "Clear Skies" seemes to cure the situation. See attached picture while AP was acting up.  Even a altitude hold didn't function.

Oliver

Please login to display this image.

Its definitely an icing issue with the simulator. The icing effect is way overdone and aircraft pickup thousands of pounds of ice almost instantly. Try binding a switch to anti ice and turning that on in conjunction with the overhead panel switches and see if that fixes it. That's what worked for me, I've had several flights with no issues now using this method. It seems like the switches for wing and cowl anti ice aren't triggering the full de ice system in the simulator. 

vor 3 Minuten, ATC0616 sagte:

Its definitely an icing issue with the simulator. The icing effect is way overdone and aircraft pickup thousands of pounds of ice almost instantly. Try binding a switch to anti ice and turning that on in conjunction with the overhead panel switches and see if that fixes it. That's what worked for me, I've had several flights with no issues now using this method. It seems like the switches for wing and cowl anti ice aren't triggering the full de ice system in the simulator. 

will try..., thanks

Archived