PFD MFD (In fact All Displays) Displays Brightness

canadagoose

The Displays are very dark, during the day in fact, I have the Brightness knob turned up to full. Is this issue going to be addressed in an upcoming update? The displays are really hard to make out as it is, I am sure if we could make them brighter they would be fine. I must mention though at this time, I am having a very nice flight so far KDFW - KIAD in the CRJ700. Apart from the display issue everything seems fine.

Regards,

TS

vor 8 Stunden , canadagoose sagte:

All righty then. I kinda expected it was probably a dead issue. At least I tried.

We haven't had any issues with too dark displays and Mathijs did ask for screenshots for us to check if they look simmilar to what we see.

OK, They may look similar, but I have done 2 camera views here, one with my custom pilot view, one with a view of the MCP. BOTH are replicated with Default Sunny Weather & the other LIVE Cloudy weather (KIAD). I feel with my normal pilot Cockpit forward view the Dispalys are very Dark whether Sunny or Cloudy, but the MCP view seems OK, based on a different angle of view and the fact that it is zoomed slightly forward of the other view:

From Left the 2 images are taken on a sunny day, the 3rd and 4th images are from a cloudy day (a little better under cloudy skies but still quite dark to me, I would have thought otherwise). BTW, do the little screen brightening knobs on the upper left of each display function. They are clickable but do not seem to function.

Thanks, and Have a nice day

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

There are brightness knobs that you can use to increase the display brightness. On the left and right side panels for the PFDs and MFDs. And on the center pedestal for the EICAS displays.

There are times in the real AC where you can't really read the display in front of you without some real effort because it is not bright enough when flying into the sun (good old CRT's) I'm looking at you PHX.

2 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

There are brightness knobs that you can use to increase the display brightness. On the left and right side panels for the PFDs and MFDs. And on the center pedestal for the EICAS displays.

Thanks, I know about the knobs, I have them turned up as high as they could possibly go. As well, What are those clickable spots on the upper left of the displays?

38 minutes ago, canadagoose said:

Thanks, I know about the knobs, I have them turned up as high as they could possibly go. As well, What are those clickable spots on the upper left of the displays?

I wasn't on the Dev/Testing team for the CRJ, and though I haven't installed this aircrash yet I'm pretty sure there is a graphics setting that can affect this.  If you are using a 4K TV then both NVIDIA Inspector and TV settings (the ones people don't usually mess with) should be looked at.  Unfortunately, I have zero time at the moment to play around with these settings to see if it makes a difference, but i know from experience that I've seen this before in the flight sim world.  If you arerunning  4K TV then I'd start with RGB/YCb settings in NVIDIA control panel.

Best wishes.

@canadagoose Thank you for your pictures. Lookin at them on my display I can tell they look as they should look (meaning you have no issue with the aircraft displays).

Comparing picture 1 and 2 is exactly what @Mathijs Kok explained above:

In picture 1 (sunny day, clear skies) you see a lot of windscreen thus the sim will darken that image to simulate your eyes (you would probably have to put some shades on if you would be piloting the real aircraft.

In picture 2 (same day) you look more to the instruments (AP panel) thus seeing less of the windscreen -> sim will brighten the image up simulating your eyes.

Picture 3 (cloudy and same position as Pic 1) --> a little brighter....

...you see where I'm getting?...

Other things to look at (or are different on any display) are the display settings themselves.

Sorry, I do not agree with your views' (no pun intended). I used the FlyByWire 320 NEO yesterday and under the same weather conditions I could adjust the brightness to my preference and was able to read the displays from the same view distance as in my pix. So, it seems that the FlyByWire Team was able to achieve this with their Mod. I don't get it. BTW, I take your comment below as very condescending, you should choose your words more carefully. Please do NOT dictate to me what I have and have not. I am a customer, if you check my account over the years, I have have spent many loyalty dollars at Aerosoft (like thousands of others have) and expect my due courtesy.

quote: "Thank you for your pictures. Lookin at them on my display I can tell they look as they should look (meaning you have no issue with the aircraft displays)."

...I remain of the opinion that this is a valid issue.

Respectfully

Dear @canadagoose the written word is prone to missinterpretation!

I did not try to dictate anything to you I was just trying to assure you that what you see is exactly what we see. I requested the pictures to make sure your displays do indeed look like they should and that you are not using some sort of mod that changes them (some lighting mod or else that would darken them). By no way I implied that you are wrong saying that they look too dim.

Please reread the entire thread to see that I jumped in at a point where you already sort of decided that it's "a dead issue". I was just trying to help you.

Archived