Unable to climb?

I had this problem personally many times and today I saw it on stream: https://youtube.com/clip/UgyQ4l3-DbWO4yXqtEJ4AaABCQ After that bug every display freezed.

Months after icing issue update it still happens. Full power, speed 160 kt and trim goes to 15. Devs, please, start hearing out the community.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 3 Stunden , Maciej Zagórny sagte:

I had this problem personally many times and today I saw it on stream: https://youtube.com/clip/UgyQ4l3-DbWO4yXqtEJ4AaABCQ After that bug every display freezed.

Months after icing issue update it still happens. Full power, speed 160 kt and trim goes to 15. Devs, please, start hearing out the community.

I don't see anything in that video that can be called a bug... The Pilot didn't pay attention to his speed for at least 10 minutes. During that time his speed dropped to under  0.5Mach while his N1 was around 77. Such a loss of speed in that hight is not recoverable without a controlled descent. For whatever reason the pilot turns on antiice wich further more reduces the performance of the aircraft. 

7 hours ago, Puuhbear said:

I don't see anything in that video that can be called a bug... The Pilot didn't pay attention to his speed for at least 10 minutes. During that time his speed dropped to under  0.5Mach while his N1 was around 77. Such a loss of speed in that hight is not recoverable without a controlled descent. For whatever reason the pilot turns on antiice wich further more reduces the performance of the aircraft. 

Not really, if you move further you will see that he descended to 5000 ft and that kept going. What is more, I think that your explanation doesn't give us answer why trim is at 15 which can lead to stall. Even when underspeed, AP keeps trimming up which already tells us that something is wrong, right?

vor 9 Stunden , Maciej Zagórny sagte:

Not really, if you move further you will see that he descended to 5000 ft and that kept going. What is more, I think that your explanation doesn't give us answer why trim is at 15 which can lead to stall. Even when underspeed, AP keeps trimming up which already tells us that something is wrong, right?

The CRJ is not an Airbus and needs to be flown Hands On!

@Puuhbear is correct. The streamer did not adapt THR settings accordingly to keep M.74...78 at level flight (FL340). The CRJ struggles to keep the ALT by trimming and trimming and slowly even starting to loose ALT. In such a nose UP setting, applying full THR will no longer bring you out of this situation. The pilot should have go in manual, drop the nose, get back the speed the climb in VS mode back to FL340.

What the CRJ should have not done IMO is to pitch up that violently when reangaging the AP. We are aware of that violent pitch up but this will only happen if the pilot already maneuvered the ACFT in an "impossible" state a.k.a. pilot error.

The thread is called "Unable to climb" and I did not see any issue pointing to the fact that the CRJ was unable to climb!

Archived