Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Definitely this is not due to a Throttle Quadrant or any sort. I have fancy hardware. Just a simple Thrustmaster stick with throttle. Same situation. Starting at Malpensa, perfect climb up to approx FL 290 - 310 then the speed gets reduced to 240kts and the climb rate drops all the way to 400 feet. 

 
1) I do not understand, why the Speed is being reduced by the FMS. No speed was programmed there.¨
2) This time, no way to get the climb performance back. Took ages to get to FL 370
3) There was an icing condition... and ANTI-Icing was turned on, right after warning. Even turning the icing off in the Sim did not change this behavior. 
 
Before you ask, W&B was perfect... Trim was at 7.4 when take off... so no issues to be expected from that. 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, nettoon said:

Definitely this is not due to a Throttle Quadrant or any sort. I have fancy hardware. Just a simple Thrustmaster stick with throttle. Same situation. Starting at Malpensa, perfect climb up to approx FL 290 - 310 then the speed gets reduced to 240kts and the climb rate drops all the way to 400 feet. 

 
1) I do not understand, why the Speed is being reduced by the FMS. No speed was programmed there.¨
2) This time, no way to get the climb performance back. Took ages to get to FL 370
3) There was an icing condition... and ANTI-Icing was turned on, right after warning. Even turning the icing off in the Sim did not change this behavior. 
 
Before you ask, W&B was perfect... Trim was at 7.4 when take off... so no issues to be expected from that. 

 

Just to be sure, you have a full understanding of what "indicated airspeed" means?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
17 minutes ago, nettoon said:

Definitely this is not due to a Throttle Quadrant or any sort. I have fancy hardware. Just a simple Thrustmaster stick with throttle. Same situation. Starting at Malpensa, perfect climb up to approx FL 290 - 310 then the speed gets reduced to 240kts and the climb rate drops all the way to 400 feet. 

 
1) I do not understand, why the Speed is being reduced by the FMS. No speed was programmed there.¨
2) This time, no way to get the climb performance back. Took ages to get to FL 370
3) There was an icing condition... and ANTI-Icing was turned on, right after warning. Even turning the icing off in the Sim did not change this behavior. 
 
Before you ask, W&B was perfect... Trim was at 7.4 when take off... so no issues to be expected from that. 

Just check all your assignments on the stick and throttle. By default there are many buttons active. You see this immediately when selecting ASSIGNED and open all sub categories. Any item that is on is highlighted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Theres an bug with weights, more notably, the EFB, what ever you enter in the EFB, when you click add to sim/plane, it maxes out the weights and plane responds accordingly. ive been adjusting my weights manually through the Sims weights tab, an manually entering THOSE figures into fmc perf page (zfw is just plane weight plus cargo if was unaware). just use the efb performance page to calculate VR etc, planes climb performance has been as expected since. i also find climbing at higher speeds seem to help this plane climb better (280kts an M0.75ish) , cuz if you wash off too much speed cant recover

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was the thirst time that I have an issue with the CRJ that doesn't climb after FL350 around.

The speed decrease, speed bug at .74, .64 etc it's the same thing, the CRJ is impossible to fly and stall!

No ice condition, engines works fine.

The weight and balance is good.

I fly now the A320NX that works fine, the CRJ is crazy!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is a picture that show the plane is at FL370 with a GS at only 261 kts with the engines at max power. The wind is in the nose for 90 kts. I fly the aircraft in manual, the autopilot stall the plane. All the systems are ok (bleeds, packs etc), no ice condition, no anti ice ON. What happen?

 

https://goopics.net/i/GZD0p

 

[url=https://goopics.net/i/GZD0p][img]https://i.goopics.net/800/GZD0p.png[/img][/url]

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Discus2a said:

Here is a picture that show the plane is at FL370 with a GS at only 261 kts with the engines at max power. The wind is in the nose for 90 kts. I fly the aircraft in manual, the autopilot stall the plane. All the systems are ok (bleeds, packs etc), no ice condition, no anti ice ON. What happen?

Please attch your screenshots directly to your post. No links please.

Also you should read this:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer

...because you have ice despite that it should not occur or the spoiler is deployed, even invisible.

These are the two main reasons that do happen under certain situations and are beyond our control.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Same problem here with slow climbing.

i loaded all w&b from the EFB and everything was between the limits.

I had to hit ESC button after engine start beacuse i had to change my thrustmaster quadrant setting to the CRJ profile (i forgot to do it before).

 

this was the only “unattended” event.

 

yesterday, i did another flight and it went without problems.

slow climb happened more times days ago but i didn’t notice my actions.

 

could be hitting escape could break something?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well i am starting to think about INVISSIBLE icing ??

 

yesterday during cruize (!) FL370 reached with no issue at all.

 

Clear skies and no hi alt clouds at FL370. Cruizing at .74 ( LEBB-EHAM above gulf of biscay) 

 

sloooooowly speed dropping down ... giving more power .... de-icing switched on to be sure ( NO clouds and NO ice warning light ) 

 

5 to 10 minutes later something like mach .45 if i remember correctly and needed to lower the nose.

 

Changed to FL290 and yeah ..... all back to normal !!!

 

this completely Looked like icing despite there was none ????

 

first time this happened in 25+ CRJ flights. Did not happen after this flight 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
5 hours ago, garel75 said:

Same problem here with slow climbing.

i loaded all w&b from the EFB and everything was between the limits.

I had to hit ESC button after engine start beacuse i had to change my thrustmaster quadrant setting to the CRJ profile (i forgot to do it before).

 

this was the only “unattended” event.

 

yesterday, i did another flight and it went without problems.

slow climb happened more times days ago but i didn’t notice my actions.

 

could be hitting escape could break something?

 

Yes, hitting ESC may fully extend the ground spoiler which is significantly dropping lift and increasing  drag. 
Something beyond our control.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
4 hours ago, DGH said:

Well i am starting to think about INVISSIBLE icing ??

 

yesterday during cruize (!) FL370 reached with no issue at all.

 

Clear skies and no hi alt clouds at FL370. Cruizing at .74 ( LEBB-EHAM above gulf of biscay) 

 

sloooooowly speed dropping down ... giving more power .... de-icing switched on to be sure ( NO clouds and NO ice warning light ) 

 

5 to 10 minutes later something like mach .45 if i remember correctly and needed to lower the nose.

 

Changed to FL290 and yeah ..... all back to normal !!!

 

this completely Looked like icing despite there was none ????

 

first time this happened in 25+ CRJ flights. Did not happen after this flight 

 

 

It is the only explanation we have. Normally up there should be no ice and switching WAI on reduces engine power significantly, so adds to the incapability of flying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, metzgergva said:

Yes, hitting ESC may fully extend the ground spoiler which is significantly dropping lift and increasing  drag. 
Something beyond our control.

Can veryify this as well. Extended and retracted my spoilers with the Honeycomb after that and was able to climb like a rocket. Hopefully this has been reported.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have flown the same flight under the same conditions five times. Three times out of five it behaved normally and twice it was almost impossible/very very slow climb. We are all running around in circles here. This is not the case with reliable aircraft. I really don't think that users should continue considering themselves as the problem.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer

Nobody considers the user as the problem, but user experience is vastly different and that's why over time the FAQ have been added based on issues occurred.  The icing issue root cause lies in the modeling of icing situation occurring and when it does on how it affects the plane's performance.

Icing will be redesigned by Asobo and by then it should be fine for all aircraft including using anti-ice properly by the pilots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Adding to this long string of varied comments on this issue.  I have had this issue as well and it is just as described in many of the posts above.  Take off with no indication of any problems but the CRJ just will not climb and even at MAX power runs out of juice at about 21000 ft.  My problem was DEFINATELY the binding of the spoilers to my spoilers handle on the throttle quadrant.  Even with the spoilers closed, the spoilers were actually open slightly causing this.  If I cycle the spoiler handle during ground checks to make sure the spoilers are actually closed and make sure that the TO Configuration OK is on the EICAS I am good to go.  There may be other things going on here but this was cause and effect of my problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I found the solution for my part. It seems, that I have missed turning off the Anti-Icing. The Anti-Ice System, seems to suck quite some juice, that is missing on higher altitudes. Not sure if this is accurate, but at least it solves the issue for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer

We are using calculated N1 data changes when you switch on AI on in the steps of Cowling only or Cowling and Wing AI together. You se the drop when you fly in CLB dent. The impact is significant in real life and in the sim.

 

With SU4 to be released to day, Asobo has changed the weather engine's icing calculations and effect on aircraft. So we should be in good shape now, yet needs to be tested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Nor MSFS SU4 nor CRJ update 1.0.5 haven't fixed this issue for me. I think it's the invisible speed brakes causing this with the Escape menu bug, as previously mentioned countless times. I have TCA Quadrant Airbus throttle, on MAX detent, cannot climb beyond FL250. AP makes the nose trimmed to 100% up then I stall. Cannot hold speed mode speed. It's a mess to be honest, and cannot enjoy flying this plane.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, László Gálosi said:

Nor MSFS SU4 nor CRJ update 1.0.5 haven't fixed this issue for me. I think it's the invisible speed brakes causing this with the Escape menu bug, as previously mentioned countless times. I have TCA Quadrant Airbus throttle, on MAX detent, cannot climb beyond FL250. AP makes the nose trimmed to 100% up then I stall. Cannot hold speed mode speed. It's a mess to be honest, and cannot enjoy flying this plane.

I have the TCA Throttle.. I also have the Add On module...  If you don't have the add on module make sure that the sim has not assigned the speed brakes to the axis...  the Add On is not a separate connection so all of the axis are still part of the base TQ Module...

 

When you say the nose trims up to climb...  this would entail that you are not in SPEED Climb mode...  A few of the CRJ pilots here have posted a few times that the method is always..

 

Climb with Speed mode 250 Knots to 10K.... Then 290 Knots to 28K or so then change over to Mach and climb with 0.74 mach.  If you are in speed mode then the nose will not pitch up it will pitch down to build up the speed..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

I have the TCA Throttle.. I also have the Add On module...  If you don't have the add on module make sure that the sim has not assigned the speed brakes to the axis...  the Add On is not a separate connection so all of the axis are still part of the base TQ Module...

I don't have the extension, but it makes no sense to bug like this if I bind the joystick speed brake axis to the throttle knob behind the stick.

 

I always climb like you described, but at some point this invisible drag appears and the plane cannot hold altitude, making the trims to extreme nose up and speed mode can't keep up with this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I would download OBS if you don't have it and record the plane doing this so that they can see it...

 

I still do not understand how the plane can be in SPEED Mode and the plane TRIM UP... makes no sense cause SPEED mode prevents the plane from doing just this..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...