Fmc discontinuities correction

First of all thanks to the Aerosoft developers for finally creating an aircraft that provides great added value to MSFS.

Without urgency: I noticed that by inserting the flight plan in the FMC and I try to correct the discontinuities as per procedure, sometimes the sim freezes completely, the only possibility is to close it and restart it.
Sometimes even with standard MSFS airplanes the block is the same trying to change waypoints in the Garmin G3000 or G5000.

Thanks

vor 6 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

Is that with our navdata or Navigraph?

Yours. 

I can actually reproduce that with the bugged SID I mentioned in my other post. 

KTPA, GANDY8 STAR with SABEE transition from runway 19R.

It inserts SABEE at the end of the STAR but also has a GANDY leg after SABEE.  

Now if you get rid of the discontinuities and wrong waypoint in the legs page BEFORE finishing and exec’ing the flight plan, the FMS locks up when trying to enter an arrival runway (at KEYW for me).

The whole plane becomes unusable when that happens. 

I've found a couple departures that will do this and cause what is described in this post.

Sometimes it will disable all the cockpit components, sometimes it will hard freeze the entire game.  It seemed to happen when loading a departure that loaded faulty waypoints, and after fixing it when you clicked on the arrival runway the error would occur.  The two departures I experienced this with were from KDFW: AKUNA9 and SWABR7.

17 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Is that with our navdata or Navigraph?

Hi Mathijs thanks for your attention.
I'm a little bit confused:
I'm Navigraph subscriber and I generate flightplans via Simbrief where my Navigraph account is unlocked for latest AIRAC.
Also I use the Simbrief flightplan to program the FMC.
I also know that MSFS include it's own Airac data.

And finally I have installed the Navigraph Navdata Simulator Base Navdata Package.

Please, let me know how to use Aerosoft Navdata in CRJ and I will try.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Aerosoft CRJ for MSFS is a very great piece of software.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Aerosoft navdata is installed and used by the CRJ by default.

Hans is aware that with some route cases the FMS can freeze and is looking into it.

5 minutes ago, Secondator said:

The Aerosoft navdata is installed and used by the CRJ by default.

Hans is aware that with some route cases the FMS can freeze and is looking into it.

Also i'm correct if I create my flightplan with Simbrief where I unlocked Navigraph AIRAC with my subscrption and finally set CRJ CDU with my Simbrief flightplan ?

OR what else ?

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Affirm as long as all the waypoints are up to date on both navdatas. If one of them is very outdated while other is up to date you could run into issues that simbrief plans a route with waypoints that the aircraft cannot find because they don't match on the navdata.

The CRJ is currently shipped with the latest navdata AIRAC 2102. And we also believe that in the near future Navigraph will add the option to install their navdata directly on the CRJ as well.

18 minutes ago, Secondator said:

Afferma finché tutti i waypoint sono aggiornati su entrambi i dati di navigazione. Se uno di loro è molto obsoleto mentre l'altro è aggiornato, potresti incorrere in problemi che simbrief pianifica una rotta con waypoint che l'aereo non riesce a trovare perché non corrispondono ai dati di navigazione.

Il CRJ è attualmente fornito con l'ultimo navdata AIRAC 2102. E crediamo anche che nel prossimo futuro Navigraph aggiungerà l'opzione per installare i propri dati di navigazione direttamente anche sul CRJ.

Also for the moment is correct to use Simbrief with AIRAC 2102 until Aerosoft dont update CRJ navdata ?

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived