Mouse wheel used for zoom interacts with switches

Hi all - quick query: the mouse wheel is set up to interact with switches (turn them multiple ways). However in MSFS, the mouse wheel also zooms in and out. 

I currently have it set up such that I press space bar and can then move my mouse which pans my view around the cockpit. Moving the mouse wheel forward zooms in, and out zooms out. 

However, this control method also means that I regularly accidentally flick a switch/move a knob without realising (I just hear the sound effect of a switch being hit). At the moment, with the HUD down, I can't move my mouse wheel to zoom in, without it interacting with the cockpit and stowing the HUD. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a way to isolate the mouse wheel, such that in some states (lets say, with another key pressed down) it zooms, and in others, it interacts with a switch. Currently I can't really zoom in or out without accidentally pressing something in the cockpit! 

Thanks!

You can reassign the cockpit Zoom controls in mouse profiles to a combination of right click + scroll up/down. That's what I've set mine too, and it does not interfere with cockpit buttons. 🙂

• Svaly locked this topic

Archived