Erratic Throttle Control w/ T.1600m?

Hello, the aircraft has been flawless for the most part. However, I've found that my throttle is very weird with how it sets thrust. I mostly notice this on final when I'm dialing in VREF, but I've also noticed this in cruise as well. The thrust seems to jump all over the place. For example, If I'm coming in just a little slow and add some thrust to compensate, the engines will spool down first, then aggressively spool up to whatever new value I set. It's been making doing smooth approaches impossible. If needed I can post a video of the phenomenon. It happens most often when near the CLIMB detent. I make sure to never move into the detent, but just being nearby it causes these throttle issues. I've calibrated my throttle a few times to see if thats the issue, but the problems persist.

Hi. Yes this issue is apparently true for ALL T16000M throttles currently (advancing throttle causes N1 and N2 to drop by a few percent, before increasing overall. Resulting in a loss of power for about 2 seconds each time the throttle is advanced forward).

Hopefully this issue will be fixed soon.

• Aerosoft

Dear Sir,
This isn't a CRJ issue as the throttles, T16000 or other, all are a simple analog axis.
the CRJ only reads the axis values, whatever the throttle type is.

Please first check the calibration in Windows :

Please login to display this image.

Then pelase refer to the thottle calibration documentation attached.

Best regards.

CRJ Throttle Calibration Manual.pdf

12 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Dear Sir,
This isn't a CRJ issue as the throttles, T16000 or other, all are a simple analog axis.
the CRJ only reads the axis values, whatever the throttle type is.

Please first check the calibration in Windows :

Then pelase refer to the thottle calibration documentation attached.

Best regards.

CRJ Throttle Calibration Manual.pdf 2.36 MB · 0 downloads

I'm afraid you're wrong. The axis is fine. The virtual throttle in the cockpit moves perfectly in sync with everyone's real throttle. The N1 and N2 is what's acting up.

I have this same problem with the Warthog throttle. And funny enough, it also happens with the CRJ in P3D.

No other plane I own in any sim has this issue.

Hi,

have experienced the same issue- and worked through all solution ( suggestions...) I could find on the Inet. Halfway glad that this is a known issue and will hopefully be adressed by some patch in future- halfway dissapointed of course. Funny that the simple thrust lever directly on the joystick works smooth like butter- its only the throttle quadrant  of the T1600M that causes trouble.

Okay will wait then until patch comes out.

Cheers

Philipp

I’m experiencing the same issue with a Honeycomb Bravo. Everything is calibrated appropriately both in Windows and through the EFB. Something is definitely up with the CRJ.

vor 7 Minuten, SimWare sagte:

- To what function is the throttle axis assigned ?

- What is the sensitivity curve of the axis in MSFS. It should be linear.

I suppose the throttle calibration procedure (attached) was followed ?

CRJ Throttle Calibration Manual.pdf 2 MB · 0 downloads

Yep - for my part I have tried everything ( even the hint assigning the Throttle to Axis 1 and Axis 2 in the MSFS Menue) .  Interesting however is that the lever directly on the Joystich itself ( T1600 M) works flawless. Same is with the XBox Controller- smooth as butter.

Well - so the cookie crumbles- just have to wait... I am more than happy with the rest !!!!

Cheers

1 hour ago, SimWare said:

- To what function is the throttle axis assigned ?

- What is the sensitivity curve of the axis in MSFS. It should be linear.

I suppose the throttle calibration procedure (attached) was followed ?

CRJ Throttle Calibration Manual.pdf 2.36 MB · 0 downloads

Yes, it is linear and yes it was followed :)

Archived