Assigning unique CRJ aircraft functions to controller buttons

I have searched the FAQ and documentation but have not found a list outlining how specific aircraft functions are mapped to MSFS inputs. For example, there are buttons on my throttle quadrant that I would love to have control the reverser arm switches and the action to move the throttles between locked/shutoff and idle. Is there a guide available somewhere that would indicate which inputs can be assigned to controller buttons to accomplish this?

• Aerosoft

Dear Sir,

Please check the tutorials here : 
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/1072-tutorials/

Currently we show the basic throttle/reversers functions as well as gear, thrim, flaps.

We will come later with buttons programming tutorial.
This will be in the upcoming days.

Please not some fonction will not be assignable to buttons or axes at all.
Some functions, such as the starter levers for instance have to be operated with the mouse only.

• Aerosoft

Reverse thrust can be assigned to a button with the "THROTTLE DECREASE" function.
Spoilers have a "SPOILER AXIS" in Flight Simulator, but the flaps surface response to this axis may not be entirely consistant.

So the only way to reverse the thrust is by using the end of the throttle axis. This is really an issue with my throttle as how will I make out the difference between idle and reverse? It is a single axis

• Aerosoft

Just devote a part of the trottle course to the reverse and configure it in the CRJ EFB as described in the documentation attached.

Or use a button assigned to the DECREASE THROTTLE function.
To engage the reversers, put the throttle on idle, then press the assigned button.
The reversers will engage.
Once you advance the throttle again, the reversers will disengage.

CRJ Throttle Calibration Manual.pdf

On 3/17/2021 at 12:37 PM, Captain DV13 said:

Yes but will someone please kindly tell us how do we assign reverse thrust and arm the spoilers to the keys on my joystick ?

You don't need to arm the spoilers on the CRJ. As long as the spoiler switch on the centre pedestal (to the left of the thrust levers) is in the middle position (which it should be as there's no reason to ever change it) then they will deploy automatically on their own once you land.

Archived