ILS nose dive

I've had hit and miss results - KJAX 26 and KMIA 08R both provided issues; KJAX was a bit of a mess but it was my first flight so could have been down to me, but KMIA was with the benefit of some successful ILS experience behind me and yet provided the massive nosedive others have reported. The only thing I can possibly think is that both these approaches were from vector portions of a STAR using DIR INTC or HDG rather than an LNAV intercept.

• Developer

We've had this issue since the very beginning of testing but since several testers reported that other aircraft have it too, it was considered to be a simulator issue. That's still our stance. However, I'm fed up with this bug and decided to build a custom GS Hold function which doesn't use MSFS's integrated glide slope hold function. I hope I can get this to work over the weekend and send it to the beta testers. I'll let you know if it fixes the issue next week. If nothing goes totally wrong (can you read the sarcasm?), it should be in the first update for the aircraft.

Archived