ILS nose dive

Can you answer my question instead of closing the topic

I work with the FBW team and can assure you this isnt a problem with the SIM, you didnt acknowedge anything I said other than read the FAQ

In 1000 hours I have never had this one, but I get it everythime on the CRJ - that isnt the SIM that is the aircraft

I have spent £50 on something the working title does for free at the moment, better!

Please dont just close the thread, please provide your thoughts 

2 minutes ago, BAW1339 said:

Can you answer my question instead of closing the topic

I work with the FBW team and can assure you this isnt a problem with the SIM, you didnt acknowedge anything I said other than read the FAQ

In 1000 hours I have never had this one, but I get it everythime on the CRJ - that isnt the SIM that is the aircraft

I have spent £50 on something the working title does for free at the moment, better!

Please dont just close the thread, please provide your thoughts 

Oh just reading you dont have your own AP

Your using asobo

There is your issue then - suprised you realsed this using Asobo AP - it doesnt work

NO i get it now, its an asobo issue - I didnt realise you hadnt written your own custom AP

That is the issue

I take back my comments

I am still disapointed, this is not flyable until you have your own AP

1 minute ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am sorry you do not want to believe is a sim issue even though it has been reported in every aircraft I ever heard off. 

NOt reported on FBW MOD or WTCJ4

Fact 

3 minutes ago, FlyByWire128 said:

I can assure you that I've had the FBW mod dive for the glideslope, especially if capturing from above...

Dive to capture it not keep going till it hit the floor

I experienced this behaviour landing ils 06L at CYYZ. Aircraft failed to hold the selected altitude of 3000' and kept descending before glideslope capture. I have not experienced this with any other a/c including FBW A320, WT CJ4, or Justflight PA28. 

Indeed this is the first time I experience this. Have many hours in the WT CJ4 and the small birds and never had this issue.

Sure it may be a sim issue, but for some reason I never experienced it.

I experienced a similar issue and saw it on a stream, but instead of diving, I was below the glideslope and the aircraft began to do a steep climb to catch it. Was very odd behavior. Had to fly it in manually after that.

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, FlyByWire128 said:

I can assure you that I've had the FBW mod dive for the glideslope, especially if capturing from above...

I just did 4 intercepts with that model and had no issues when the intercept was perfect (aircraft trimmed etc), but when on two of the approaches (one intercept high and one intercept with 15 knots high speed) resulted in the typical nose dive.  Asobo is very much aware of this issue.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I just did 4 intercepts with that model and had no issues when the intercept was perfect (aircraft trimmed etc), but when on two of the approaches (one intercept high and one intercept with 15 knots high speed) resulted in the typical nose dive.  Asobo is very much aware of this issue.

There's definitely an issue trying to hold the ILS on the CRJ700 - All airport since this afternoon been doing this bar 1 - It captures the LOC1 nice (Green loc) then captures GS but it continues to dive below the GS and doesnt follow it keeps falling and "sinkrate" screams out ansd you have to rescue the aircraft from falling to the ground

24 minutes ago, dvflight said:

There's definitely an issue trying to hold the ILS on the CRJ700 - All airport since this afternoon been doing this bar 1 - It captures the LOC1 nice (Green loc) then captures GS but it continues to dive below the GS and doesnt follow it keeps falling and "sinkrate" screams out ansd you have to rescue the aircraft from falling to the ground

I've just experienced the same on KDEN 26 ILS. Localizer captured nicely, GS captured as well but the aircraft descending way below the GS and I had to take over to avoid crashing onto the ground.

From my experience, if you fly too slow, you drop below the GS and if you fly too fast you go above the GS.  

Perhaps this is why aircraft with auto-throttle find it easier to stay on the GS.

We perhaps all just need to work on our throttle skills :) 

15 minutes ago, Caterpillar said:

From my experience, if you fly too slow, you drop below the GS and if you fly too fast you go above the GS.  

Perhaps this is why aircraft with auto-throttle find it easier to stay on the GS.

We perhaps all just need to work on our throttle skills :) 

You might be right. I just watched a video flight by flightdeck2sim where he flew the tutorial flight and didn't have any issues flying the ils. He did pay careful attention to the speed.

I just returned from my first complete flight, ending with an ILS approach into 04L at EKCH. In APPR mode LOC capture was fine, aircraft started descending from level flight slightly before glideslope capture, was already below g/s on actual capture and went diving 2000ft/min down. Unnecessary to say my pax were screaming, I was sweating and it was an unpleasant end to an otherwise nearly perfect experience. And yes, I have seen the FAQ regarding "problems following ILS", but - excuse me - intercepting an ILS from level flight is a standard procedure. I hope I will find with further testing that it was an anomaly rather than a feature.

vor 52 Minuten, John2 sagte:

I just watched a video flight by flightdeck2sim where he flew the tutorial flight and didn't have any issues flying the ils.

Well, I did watch the video you linked until the end (3:14:40) and he CLEARLY had the diving issue.

1 hour ago, John2 said:

You might be right. I just watched a video flight by flightdeck2sim where he flew the tutorial flight and didn't have any issues flying the ils. He did pay careful attention to the speed.

He has issues with ILS at the end of the video landing in Tenerife. 

I have the same issue. Tested it several times with different planes.

EDDS - EDDM ILS 26R (Aerosoft Airport)

WT CJ4 works fine

FBW (custom FBW model, but no custom AP - uses Asobo AP) - works fine

CRJ is fine until it captures the GS then it starts to dive - only plane I have seen this issue and as other planes without custom AP do not have this issue I'm disappointed by the responses given by Aerosoft far.

I'm gonna do more testing but I think all the responses in here actually warrant some more investigation by the Aerosoft team. Simply brushing this off as an Asobo issue is not helpful. Especially if other planes (without custom AP) do not have this issue.

On my two flights I've had the exact same problem. I've been thinking it may be very sensitive to how you're configured when capturing the glideslope, it's after all a very complex simulation. I do however find it hard to believe that the real world aircraft will send you rocketing towards the ground unless you're perfectly configured and trimmed upon catching the glideslope. I have not experienced this with any of the other models (WT CJ4, FBW A320, JustFlight Pa-28 among others)

Archived