Framerate drops

az1228

Unfortunately, this doesn't help with the problem of people where the framerate drops as soon as you move the joke. Is there a solution for this in the meantime?

Linking to my topic, didn't see this one before. But I'm having the same issue where unexecuted flightplan modifications cause horrible fps drops. Hoping the new patch coming fixes it but not sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have a similar issue and I don't think it is a general FPS performance issue, as I don't have that with the FBW 32NX, it is somehow related to the CRJ and from my perspective to the MCDU. I has this on a flight to CYHZ and also to KGRU today. I was changing something in the flight plan, like changing the approach. The FPS would drop significantly (like 1-3 FPS), then run for a few seconds, hard to move around in the cockpit. First I thought it is weather related and graphic settings would be too high, but the problem would also occur with lower graphics settings. The entire flight would be very smooth and then in approach phase it can go to stop and go. I think it has something to do with inconsistencies in the flight plan or discontinuities that create problem. As soon as I have removed the discontinuities in the MCDU and press execute, the FPS rate recovered immediately and the plane would fly smoothly again.

I hope this helps!

Jörg

• 1 month later...

I started experiencing this after installing v1030. It leads to my sim locking up completely, pegging the CPU to 100%.

I can recreate the issue consistently by setting up a flightplan and changing the cruise altitude.

It also happens on some approaches, seemingly those with several waypoints, but I am uncertain about this.

Any progress identifying the cause or a workaround? It gets old fast, having to kill the sim and restart the flight from scratch..

I really like flying the CRJ but the intermittent freezing makes it almost unplayable. It is like hitting the pause button for 5 seconds itermittently. Recently the VATSIM controller asked me to go offline to finalize my approach to EDDM as I was blocking the ILS for other flights with my stop and go flying. I have it now on every flight. 

I found that zooming out on the MFD map to show the entire route, seems to reduce the lag at least on my end.

Maybe this works for others aswell?

If I set the range to the minimum the sim freezes.

I think I got closer to the root of the problem: As one user suggested this may be related to FSUIPC, I was flying stop and go and indeed, framerate recovered to normal when I disconnected FSUIPC7. Then, when I experiemented a bit with FSUIPC7 and turned on the logging, and what I can see is that massive events are triggered by the CRJ to FSUIPC7 via simconnect, the event are "SET_FUEL_VALVE_ENG1 and SET_FUEL_VALVE_ENG2, and it seems they are massively triggered. I can't tell for sure but just guessing, could it be that the massive events create some kind of overflow and block the Sim for a moment until it has purged the event queue?

Can somebody say what is triggering these events and how they can be calmed down? First I thought it is related to my Thrustmaster throttle but I disconnected all joysticks and still see a lot of events. I also recognized that also FBW 32NX has some event flaws (e.g. LIGHT_POTENTIOMETER_24_SET), but not in such massive amounts.

Please login to display this image.

I have the same issue of sudden fps drops when entering some info into the FMS, in my case particularly approaches. At least before, the issue could go away as soon as I clicked EXEC, but now for twice in a row, the sim completely froze.
There is more than enough RAM available in the system (quite a bit to spare), the CPU isn't even working as hard right now. It's NOT a system issue.
And for this session -- because of the suspicion that FSUIPC could be the culprit -- I disconnected it from the sim, and completely closed FSUIPC7 in order to test if it were the cause, but no -- the problem persisted. Same airport, same conditions, same flight plan, starting from cold and dark. The moment I click on that approach -- the sim completely freezes. It's frozen right now in front of me, the second time.
As the original poster pointed out, and many others afterwards, there's something going on when managing the CDU in the CRJ. Never had any such issue with other aircraft in MSFS.

6 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Have you tried version 1.0.5?

I've just tried update 1.0.5, and it indeed has corrected the issue for me. Tested editing several approaches in the CDU, so far with two airports, and no problem. Thanks to the team for looking into it and fixing the issue!

For any other users still running into the issue, beware: You'll still get significant frame rate drop if you select any RNP approach, until you press EXEC, when it should go back to normal. But that's because the CRJ in real life (and in the sim, of course) does not do RNP approaches, as explained in this forum:

Thanks to the team for looking into it and fixing the issue!

Archived