SPEED not always triggering pitch action

SPEED mode does not always pitch up to loose speed and instead keeps descending. E.g.: DES 240 GREEN, current speed 250 and the plane still keeps descending. This will result in ending up way below the vpath snowflake. I would expect the plane to pitch up to slow down to 240 and then continue descend to target altitude. This is not always reproduceable, in 80% of the cases the SPEED Mode works fine.

hmm i am not sure ... i dont have any switches assigned for Anti-Ice. I am using the T16000 Joystick and Throttle, so i only assigned the basic flight control stuff on those controllers. Button, Switches etc i operate by clicking with the mouse.

• Developer
On 3/17/2021 at 2:44 PM, thasos said:

SPEED mode does not always pitch up to loose speed and instead keeps descending. E.g.: DES 240 GREEN, current speed 250 and the plane still keeps descending. This will result in ending up way below the vpath snowflake. I would expect the plane to pitch up to slow down to 240 and then continue descend to target altitude. This is not always reproduceable, in 80% of the cases the SPEED Mode works fine.

As the aircraft has no autothrottle, you need to help the aircraft AP. If you fly at 250 and set 240 then the aircraft will start climbing to reduce to 240. if you fly at 250 and just want to decent just reduce throttle and it will start pitching down. If you want to reduce on top to 240 you just need to reduce further.

the aircraft will always try to natch the speed but the descent rate is up to you to control vie throttle input.

8 hours ago, metzgergva said:

As the aircraft has no autothrottle, you need to help the aircraft AP. If you fly at 250 and set 240 then the aircraft will start climbing to reduce to 240. if you fly at 250 and just want to decent just reduce throttle and it will start pitching down. If you want to reduce on top to 240 you just need to reduce further.

the aircraft will always try to natch the speed but the descent rate is up to you to control vie throttle input.

hi, i think you misunderstood me ... or i did :P ... The plane is descending with 250knots whereas it should pitch up to slow down to 240 before further descend.

Archived