Honeycomb Configurator update issue [Solved]

Hello Ben,

I want to let you know I had difficulties to install the latest version of the configurator.

The uninstall does not delete the old version and the installer does not overwrite it.

I had to manually remove the old folder to get the last version.

I was "alerted" by the About displaying 2.0 (now shows 2.1, at last...)

Nota :

the Bridge was correctly updated and the Aerosoft Updater reported that

BUT the updater don't take care of the Configurator !

Hope this can help other users.

EDIT : Sorry to let you know that the configurator still use "A:ENG OIL PRESSURE,Pounds per square foot" (instead of Psi) when creating a new condition

and use ""A:ENG FUEL PRESSURE,PSI scalar 16K" ! - never heard about this scalar 16K :(

Gérard

• Aerosoft

Hi Gérard,

Sorry to let you know that the configurator still use "A:ENG OIL PRESSURE,Pounds per square foot" (instead of Psi) when creating a new condition

and use ""A:ENG FUEL PRESSURE,PSI scalar 16K" ! - never heard about this scalar 16K

If you look into the simulation variables documentation of P3D, you can see that the variables and their units  are actually defined just like that. And what the ConfigTool is just using a dump of that information to populate the fields. But, as they just might not work in sim, I reverted to using "GENERAL ENG OIL PRESSURE" and "GENERAL ENG FUEL PRESSURE" in the default profiles, which do work fine.

Hi Ben,

I regularly cross-check using the official Learning Center of LM (V5)

- "Pound-force per square foot" is listed in the list of units (as well as Psf), but not "Pounds per square foot"

And there is no such unit as

- PSI scalar 16K

Just to clarify...

Gérard

• Aerosoft

Hi Gérard:

in this document you see that "ENG OIL PRESSURE" is denoted as  "Pounds per square foot":

Please login to display this image.

...and "ENG FUEL PRESSURE" (listed under "Helicopter Specific Variables") is denoted as "PSI scalar 16K", whatever that may be :-):

Please login to display this image.

Hi Ben,

My reference is this one    Units Of Measurement

And if you try "Pounds per square foot" for ENG OIL PRESSURE, you will get an error in ContentError.txt file.

More interesting, if you look at  "GENERAL ENG OIL PRESSURE:index" you will see the unit listed as  Psf !

I did not try the Helicopter Specific Variable...

So, once more, we can see inconsistencies on LM officiai documentation... Have fun !

Cheers,

Gérard

• Aerosoft

So, once more, we can see inconsistencies on LM officiai documentation... Have fun !

For sure that is! :)

But as long as you find a variable that works...I prefer not to bother with those inconsistencies anymore than necessary.

Take care, Gérard.

Archived