RNP approach discontinuity and erratic behaviour

Hi

First of all, the addon is very nice! Really well done work and exceeded my first expectations. There are few gimmicks so here's one.

Approaching LOWI today on RNP Z 08 I just couldn't figure out how to properly arm the RNP approach. I kept it ofcourse in FMS source, armed APPR and it appeared as if it started to follow the vertical path as well. However, it was not doing it right, the descent rate was way too low. Also I couldn't get rid of discontinuity on the map, in FMS CDU it was all perfect. However on the map I got an empty section between points and then lines were drawn to the North from two waypoints. Over WI752 the autopilot suddenly turned the plane to North and that ended my nice flight. This photo is taken earlier on descent but the lines are visible already. 

Can someone confirm how to properly arm RNP approach, is the addon capable for it and what could have been wrong with the route? Thanks!

Please login to display this image.

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I am also happy with this aircraft (CRJ-700, updated to the last version, bought it in FS2020 marketplace).

I got to this thread as I am having an issue with the exactly same approach. I see lot of lines on the display, which honestly I don't care as I follow the wayponts through the FMC. However, I am having a problem when the aircraft starts to follow the waypoint WI752 (on which is to close with the previous one). The aircraft turns all to the right side. 
Please check the attached file (littlenavmap screenshot).

You can see two tries, the first time I crashed to the mountain (rainy day). The second time I monitored this closely and I was able to remediate this by disengaging the Autopilot.

On the FMC clearly states that must go to WI702 waypoint (highlighted in pink).

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sorry, I realized the approach is not exactly the same as this topic.. let me add some screenshot

( I just configured this on destination just to show you the approach path that I have set before). I am using navigraph AIRAC 2104

Archived