Aircraft Lifts Off On It's Own

22 minutes ago, GiovanniF said:

is at 35%, I have set everything but it does not take off before 200 kias

Check that you are using the <MODERN> flight model and not the <LEGACY> one. You can choose this in the MSFS OPTION settings.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Paul Golding said:

Check that you are using the <MODERN> flight model and not the <LEGACY> one. You can choose this in the MSFS OPTION settings.

thank you so much. Now it takes off normally thank you very much. can close my topic 

1 hour ago, metzgergva said:

Please check that in the weight UI the COG slider is all to the right at 35%-

Hi Alexander, 

Does this need to be done every time or can we set it once for the sim to remember? 

Thanks, 

Jonathan

i have the same problem. loaded via EFB. CG is set full right in MSFS, modern is selected. CG on the EFB is in the correct range and trim is set. shortly before VR the plane starts rotating on its own...

Sometimes my sim weights won’t be altered at all by EFB no matter how many times I click. Until you fix the issue, is there any chance you could publish a few samples how we should manually load the sim weights to achieve empty, 1/4, 3/4 load etc together with what should be set in EFB to match all numbers? Thanks so much. I am sure that vast of these flight issues are due to this. I experienced it yesterday again. Seems like empty ferry weight is not proper either if I just take everything except FA and pilots out. CG goes way back. 

One more idea... since it seems that FS SDK is used for lots of supporting functions, could it be that weight change from EFB to FS is prohibited under some conditions like parking brake set or External Power Connected or something else? Haven’t tested yet. 

• Developer

CoG empty and each load station are exactly modeled against the loadsheets and the CoG calculation and the required trim are according the handbook.

For example when totally empty, the CoG is at 35%, all the way to the rear due to the engines. Loading it up is then moving the CoG fwd and I have tested all situation with max rwd and max fwd CoG. I will look into providing some load situations. And  we work on finding why the EFB data are not correctly synchronized.

55 minutes ago, metzgergva said:

CoG empty and each load station are exactly modeled against the loadsheets and the CoG calculation and the required trim are according the handbook.

For example when totally empty, the CoG is at 35%, all the way to the rear due to the engines. Loading it up is then moving the CoG fwd and I have tested all situation with max rwd and max fwd CoG. I will look into providing some load situations. And  we work on finding why the EFB data are not correctly synchronized.

Thanks. So what we see on FS W&B should be actual and not subject to some workaround by the dev to make the plane fly properly? I understand the complications come from trying to properly balance the load so that’s where EFB comes to help.

• Developer

Correct. The EFB should properly load the aircraft. If you do not change anything it should be equal when you load the plane. If you change anything on the EFB, it should after pressing the transfer butteon, be written to the weight UI. That link seems to be broken or just working sometimes.

Changing Load in the UI by the sliders screws up the distribution and makes all stations equally loaded which for the passenger compartements is not a real issue but the flight attendants are getting heavy...

we workmon getting this properly synced.

Thanks. Really appreciate your work. You’ve made a masterpiece and paired with FS visuals and weather it really comes to life. 

If I manually separately tune the passenger stations to match TOW in EFB and keep CG in the middle on FS UI it should basically also work i believe. 

• 2 weeks later...

@metzgergva

Just want to say, i am also being confused by the EFB weights behavior and the payload window from the sim itself.
I understand that there seems to be a problem of EFB settings being correctly reflected on the plane itself.

Will wait for a fix for this, meanwhile, i will use the load charts from you.  It has been a pleasure to fly this bird 😃 thanks for your hard work!

Archived