Aircraft Lifts Off On It's Own

Hi

I've noticed that the CRJ seems to lift off the runway by itself when reaching rotation speed.  Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer

It depends on the trim you have set. if you use the trim as it is shown on the EFB Load Page, you should need a little pull to get the nose up.
By default the trim sits at 6 and for the default load it should be 7.1.

Two flights so far. I’ve always set the trim that the EFB gives me. I also made sure that the CG is fine just using the EFB (and it’s all the way to the right in the FS20 settings), so it’s not that. 

On both flights the plane lifted its nose on its own way before reaching Vr.

vor 15 Minuten, metzgergva sagte:

It depends on the trim you have set. if you use the trim as it is shown on the EFB Load Page, you should need a little pull to get the nose up.
By default the trim sits at 6 and for the default load it should be 7.1.

• Developer

This is unusual. Did you also send the EFB data to the aircraft so that EFB data and aircraft are synchronized. It may happen that fuel is at a different level or the load.

Vor 1 Stunde, metzgergva sagte:

This is unusual. Did you also send the EFB data to the aircraft so that EFB data and aircraft are synchronized. It may happen that fuel is at a different level or the load.

Yes, I did. 
I can pretty much rule out doing anything wrong on that front. It’s not significantly different from the P3D version I own in that regard. 

Same with me, using EFB data and setting the trim as stated, it basically just takes off by itself without any need to pull back on the stick.

I'm experiencing the same and I made sure that the efb load/fuel was sent to the airplane and I used the efb trim setting. I also experienced the plane starting to lift the nose by itself in the flare. I believe this is all a result of MSFS ground effect being very strong as this also explains the very "floaty" behavior of the CRJ and all other larger planes in the sim.

1 minute ago, Propane said:

Same observation here. Everything sent by EFB to the plane, trim set correctly, plane will lift the nose by itself. Not an issue in the real plane :P .

Glad it's not just me. I still suspect it's the ground effect x1000 of Msfs haha

2 minutes ago, Paul Parkin said:

I had an interesting landing at EPWA where the aircraft didn't sit on the nose until < 80kt.

MSFS really is broken :(

Experienced this too^. It's like the planes in msfs are all FBW and it has an auto-flare mode to keep the nose up. I did a test where I let go of the stick at 50 feet last night and the nose increased about 3 degrees around 20 feet which goes against my knowledge of planes where the nose wants to drop as you near the ground so you need to keep inputting nose-up elevator.

i just managed to pull the CRJ back off the runway at 80kts with ground spoilers deployed and got like 50 feet back in the air lol. i had really high hopes for the CRJ but i might as well be playing ace combat at this point

not to knock aerosoft, its by far the best plane on MSFS but the platform just isnt up to provide a decent sim at this point. see ya next year i guess

• Developer

I know it lifts the nose very easily but I see no snapping or anything like that. But I keep the yoke a bit pushed fwd to maintain steering stability and  pull back at VR.

• Developer
36 minutes ago, Karl-Tõnis Lepp said:

Maybe the EFB is suggesting too high of a trimmsetting? I’ve been experiencing the same slightly odd behaviour. 

The EFB trim settings are calculated from the CoG and should provide the right trim for V2+20 with gear up and CLB Power. With those a slight pull through the acceleration from VR should be required to get airborn.

• Developer
3 minutes ago, flyingguitaristsam said:

You shouldn't have to push the yoke forward to prevent the nose from lifting 5+ degrees up on its own though...

I suggest to use a trim one unit less for the time and will work on the factors influencing the behavior . 
May I again kindly ask for your sensitivity settings.

Just now, metzgergva said:

I suggest to use a trim one unit less for the time and will work on the factors influencing the behavior . 
May I again kindly ask for your sensitivity settings.

I'm sorry but how do my sensitivity settings affect this if I wasn't even touching my stick at any point in the video?

Archived