TCA Quadrant unequal N1 values

Hi all.

Can anyone help me with correct calibration as my N1 values are consistently unequal meaning I can't keep my throttle stable.

Enc are pictures of the symptoms inspite of throttle showing identical but sensitivity looks wrong? Is it a hardware calibration issue?

Please login to display this image.

I have the same issue but not that extrem. But I also see that the TCA is very sensetiv, leading to imblanced thrusts on both engines. I currently have a linear sensitivity setup.. But have not got any response from AS what config is recommended...

Have you calibrated the throttle in the EFB?

• Aerosoft
56 minutes ago, Cygnific said:

Be sure to calibrate the TCA with the (included in the box) metal pin attached to both throttle handles. This will keep both handles more in sync.

Indeed. As a general rule, always calibrate any control from time to time.
Do it in the Windows Joystick calibration utility.

I finally have my TCA throttles working close enough to stop messing with them any longer.  However, I am near clueless on what the preferred Sensitivity Settings for the two throttles should be for this CRJ setup.  I also would like to be better informed (also near clueless) on the GAP settings.  I see a fairly large range of settings available using the EFB Calibrate Throttles page.

Not that this is recommended or even correct, but, these are the numbers I am using today and they work better than anything I was using previously.  The quadrant IN THE SIM is still a little jumpy at times and the alignment between the two thrust levers aren't always perfectly matched, but, they are certainly close enough to move on and learn to fly this wonderful new CRJ.

I started with the Options/Controls/TCS Q-ENG 1 & 2 in the basic MSFS sim and reassigned the two Throttles from the (0 - 100% setting) to the Throttle Axis 1 and 2 setting for both throttles. First, delete the two existing assignment using the  0 - 100%. Make sure you are assigning Joystick L - Axis X for #1 and Joystick L - Axis Y for #2. See image below.  It is important to NOT CHECK the Reverse Axis box here.

I RESET the X and Y Joystick L -Axis curves to be totally linear. (for now)

SAVE your file now.

There is a lot of bogus and bad suggestions throughout this thread.  My suggestion is to try it and see what works for you and if the movement is backwards then try the other setting - it is either checked or not checked.  btw, the movement of the throttle is actually reversed in the Options/Controls view in the basic MSFS sim, but, is correct in the CRJ. (go figure).

OK, after watching a bunch of videos and reading every post in this thread, duh, I decided these were the working number for me using the EFB calibration page in the CRJ.  As stated above, I don't know how the GAP numbers affect the settings, these, do not return any errors on the Validation check.

Max Power   16384 / 16384

TOGA            6633 / 6468

Climb            301 / 394

Idle              -8382 / -8586

Rev Max    -16384 / -16384

Yes, I do notice the #1 and #2 numbers do not match and THAT IS INTENTIONAL. I tweaked the numbers so the IN SIM view would appear to match.  This may create a problem in flight, but, I have to learn to fly before fine tuning N1 to less than 1 percent settings.  This might be corrected using the allen wrench and adjusting the physical movement of the TCA hardware.  I am just not ready for that level of adjustment, yet, maybe another day when I better understand the small glitches.  This may also be solved by adjusting the sensitivity settings, who knows?

As you may have heard - "your mileage may vary, use at your own risk".

Regards,

Ray

Good luck.

Would someone that is happy using your Airbus TCA hardware with the CRJ post your Sensitivity Settings (curves) for both the SideStick and the Throttles Quadrant?  This would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ray

For my personal taste, the Thurstmaster Airbus throttle range between Climb and Idle is too small - very hard to manually control.

Therefore, I have decided to disable the reverser and use the full range from max reverse to climb for manual throttle control.

I have put the activation of the reverser to the right TOGA button, so I can still activate full reverse thrust from the throttle.

Works much better for me.

Regards,

Thomas

11 minutes ago, HighFlyer51 said:

For my personal taste, the Thurstmaster Airbus throttle range between Climb and Idle is too small - very hard to manually control.

Therefore, I have decided to disable the reverser and use the full range from max reverse to climb for manual throttle control.

I have put the activation of the reverser to the right TOGA button, so I can still activate full reverse thrust from the throttle.

Works much better for me.

Regards,

Thomas

Interesting concept. Thanks for sharing.  Do you have the full hardware package?  I am waiting for the Add-ons to be delivered.

Regards,

Ray

The manual throttle range of the TCA quadrant is way too small. Disabling the hardware detent system of the TCA and calibrating in the CRJ EFB with CLB on the TO position and TOGA between TO and Max power gives more room for precise manual adjustment and works best. And also like others mentioned, keep the curves linear.

But even better: Since Aerosoft doesn't simulate engine failures and you can't taxi the CRJ on one engine, assign both engines to one axis. Thats the best precision you can get.

26 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

The manual throttle range of the TCA quadrant is way too small. Disabling the hardware detent system of the TCA and calibrating in the CRJ EFB with CLB on the TO position and TOGA between TO and Max power gives more room for precise manual adjustment and works best. And also like others mentioned, keep the curves linear.

This sounds like what I did. I essentially moved everything up one notch which meant that I don't have a MAX detent. I only have CLB and TOGA. I did this intentionally though because I use reverse thrust on every single flight whereas in the sim world I should never ever need MAX thrust. Plus lifting the thrust reverser triggers is just so damn satisfying.

I have found this page, which offers 3d models to print your own inserts for the detents. It should move the existing detents higher up, so that you have more range for manual adjustment: Thrustmaster TCA Detent Upgrade by StaceyAEH - Thingiverse

I have ordered these parts from a local 3d print shop - I will report my experience back here once I have them.

On 3/22/2021 at 8:16 AM, HighFlyer51 said:

I have found this page, which offers 3d models to print your own inserts for the detents. It should move the existing detents higher up, so that you have more range for manual adjustment: Thrustmaster TCA Detent Upgrade by StaceyAEH - Thingiverse

I have ordered these parts from a local 3d print shop - I will report my experience back here once I have them.

Is there a video that shows how to set them up ? I’ve ordered mine and can’t find a video.

On 3/22/2021 at 8:16 AM, HighFlyer51 said:

I now received the 3d printed parts and did my first initial tests: These insert do move the detents significantly higher - the first one is now approx. at 3/4 between the original first and second detent and the second is about 1/3 between the second and the end. 

So this leave a significantly larger range for the manual range and makes precise engine control easier.

The only downside are that the detents have become a little "weaker" (it does not snap in as well as before, but IMHO still good enough) and of course that the printed detent positions no longer match.

Overall, I think I like it better than with the standard inserts.

Archived