Simbrief Integration and mapping keys to Arm Spoilers and reverse thrust.

Captain DV13

I have just purchased the CRJ on MSFS, as stated in the subject I would like to know about Simbrief Integration and mapping keys to Arm Spoilers and reverse thrust. 

Is there a way to import the SimBrief plan to the CDU ?

How do I map keys to Arm Spoilers and Reverse thrust to my flight controller. The default mapping by MSFS was working so far, but now with the CRJ the reverse thrust and arm spoilers does not seem to work upon landing. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, for the simbrief flightplan you have to put the flightplan into the work folder. Path depends on which sim version you have.

Microsoft Store:

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work

Steam:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj\work

When it comes to arming the spoilers, this is not required with the CRJ. The spoilers will deploy automatically on landing as long as you have the switch next to the spoiler lever on AUTO position (which is the normal position for the whole flight). About key bindings the spoiler and reverse arming are custom features with the CRJ and don't have bindable options on the MSFS controls menu, so you need to operate them with your mouse.

Can you please tell me how to use thrust reverser upon landing, I have a thrustmaster TWCS throttle with the t16000M joystick. There is an option on the ipad in the aircraft to use the last portion of the throttle as a reverser. However, how will I know when the throttle is idle and when it is in reverse. This was easy with the thrust reverser button in the MSFS menu which is sadly not available for the CRJ

• Deputy Sheriffs

The reverse axis option is meant for hardware options that have such axis. Thrustmaster TCA for example is one of these where it has a detent on the idle position and then pulling past idle it has reverse range as an axis. If your controller does not have reverse range as an axis, I recommend you to not use the reverse axis option and in that case use THROTTLE DECREASE key command through MSFS assignments (by default F2).

Archived