Able to crash systems

fly3400

Hi. This is a common issue (happened on 2/4 flights now)

I am able to crash the systems when trying to set up a flight plan in the fms. The FMS freezes/is not able to act on input and BAM, every other system crashes too. AP, screens, etc.

Often happens when im assigning waypoints or dep/arrival. 

I haven't touched anything regarding database. It's all out of the box so to speak. 

One time it happened when I wanted to get rid of a disconuity by copy/pasting a waypoint (as the dude is doing in video 2 or 3.). The other time was when I wanted to select the ILS 32R approach at EDDK (aerosoft version). 

I don't know if its sim related, I remember a similar issue with the A32N last year, where avionics would freeze for a few minutes, while everything else worked. 

I've had similar. 4 out of 8 flights never got off the ground. Stock database. Each time was simply selecting the arrival runway at destination. In one instance the freeze up was so severe, I could not even get to task manager to close the sim. I waited about 10 mins after the freeze started before I shut the PC down with the power button.

Update: 
I tried to crash it on purpose - if you fly w/o a flightplan and decide to enter eg HUEN as arrival airport - and THEN select rwy (eg ILS RWY11) and execute - the systems crashes more or less everytime for me.  

I saw this bug when I had removed and re-entered various DEP/ARR segments and created multiple discontinuities next to each other. When I tried to remove them all by moving the fix below the discontinuities to the top in the normal fashion, it crashed.

This bug has been happening to me today. On release day didn't happen at all. But today I haven't been able to complete a flight. When entering data into the CDU, mainly the departures and arrivals. The SIM will freeze up and after around 3-5 minutes will crash to desktop. No errors or anything.

Like OP, I haven't changed anything. This is a fresh install. 

I have been using AviaServer, to rule this out I completely turned it off and stopped it running and this issue continued to happen.

Plane: CRJ550ER

How to reproduce:

- Spawn at KDEN - Gate A60

- Add Wheel Chocks

- Connect ground power

- Turn battery on and external power

- CDU -> FPLN page

- KDEN to KABQ

- EXEC

- DEP/ARR Page

- Departure: 17R - SID: SMMUR2 - Trans: DAAYE

- EXEC

- Arrival: ILS03 - SID: SNDIA4 - Trans: NODME

Crash - This has crashed the sim every time I have tried this, 4/4 times- its as soon as I hit NODME

I have removed all my addons and it still happens

Specs:

I7 9700K

32GB 3200MHz

GTX 1080

Installed onto M.2

Let me know if you need anymore information

Thanks,
Joe

Same here (and same thing reported in my FB group). My testing procedure:

- load flight (no matter where)

- state does not matter (I tried full startup from cold and dark, I tried ready for taxi - the freeze happens every time)

- select destination in FMC (I did not select anything else in FMC)

- select dep/arr page

- select destination airport

- select approach*

Tried this several times - position, selected airport and the approach selected do not make a difference.

Avionics and tablet freeze. If in the air - aircraft responds to power changes and control inputs, but throttles in the model do not move.

Navigraph database. CRJ purchased through the Marketplace.

I successfully completed the tutorial flight. However, I had the similar issues programming the FMS for several flights in the U.S. Deleting discontinuities seems to be what causes the problem quite consistently.

More info: when I select VECTORS, I seem to get a waypoint that is thousands of miles away. This is possibly related.

Please login to display this image.

My system doesn’t usually crash when selecting Approches but my fps drops significantly down to around 1-9fps (this plane runs around 35-45fps for me usually). There’s something going on in the FMS where it causes a frame hit. Other time is when adding an ISA dev in the perf. 

Hi

We are two people experiencing the same CTD on the exact same time/action;

When:

From Cold & dark: On the ground entering Arrival in the FMS (DEPARR) selecting ILS17W crashes the SIM/ctd

In the Eventviewer it lists the following Aerosoft dll:

---

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6040b793
Faulting module name: m1fe4c0a2_0.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6050f899
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x000000000000af8f
Faulting process id: 0x534
Faulting application start time: 0x01d71ce85e0db163
Faulting application path: C:\--removed---\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\--removed--\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj\m1fe4c0a2_0.dll
Report Id: 5d9221db-c386-46ab-b304-37ec98c58463
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

---

Please advise

M

Here is the Wasm exception I get

WASM: Exception c000001d in gauge MCDU1V in module C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\aerosoft-crj\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_CRJ_700\panel\ASCRJ_700.wasm

Here is my current diagnosis: when entering flight plans, if I set DEP/ARR before F-PLN, I get some crazy waypoints that are thousands of miles away. This drives the sim to a crawl and eventually crashes. However, if I set intermediate waypoints from F-PLN before DEP/ARR, everything is fine!

However, I do get discontinuities, and removing them from F-PLN can also cause a crash. Instead, removing them from LEGS, as described on PDF page 51 of Volume 6 of the manuals works just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived