ILS mode/ GS not displayed

Second flight yesterday went to Florence, ILS-Z 05.

I approached using the AP in FMS NAV mode. The ILS was pre-configured and the indications were already shown in blue on the PFD.

I selected the APR mode when turning to the final approach course.

The FMA in my eyes then should have announced LOC and GS in white, which did not happen. Instead, I got a green VGP  announcement, so the aircraft prepared for a GPS approach, which I didn't program in the first place. The expected Nav-to-Nav switching didn't occur, so I manually switched from FMS to NAV, but the indications remained the same with APR mode still being active. Only when I selected NAV mode, the FMA changed to LOC1, but the vertical mode just remained at VGP instead of showing GS. The GS deviation indicator meanwhile was in the perfect position to intercept.

After all I had to fly the approach manually on raw data, because the GS was never recognized even though all modes seemed to be correct.

On the flight before (landing ENCN) I had a similar issue, so I payed more attention in doing things right.

Using the WT CJ4 with the quite similar PL21 suite, I didn't have these issues once.

Did I something wrong, or is the ILS part rather borked right now? The indications are there and correct, but the FD/AP system doesn't seem to interpret them correctly.

Best

Matthias

Is automatic switching from white needles to green needles modeled in this version of the CRJ? I've flown newer versions of the CRJ 900 that have that ability, but in most 700/900s you need to manually change the nav source before activating APPR mode, otherwise it won't capture the glideslope. That sounds like what happened to you.

• Developer
3 hours ago, LuckyAeronaut said:

Is automatic switching from white needles to green needles modeled in this version of the CRJ?

Yes, it's implemented.

3 hours ago, MatzeH84 said:

The FMA in my eyes then should have announced LOC and GS in white, which did not happen. Instead, I got a green VGP  announcement, so the aircraft prepared for a GPS approach,

This will happen when the VNAV mode is switched on on the FCP. You need to deactivate it to use normal LOC/GS.

vor 6 Stunden , Hans Hartmann sagte:

Yes, it's implemented.

This will happen when the VNAV mode is switched on on the FCP. You need to deactivate it to use normal LOC/GS.

Many thanks, dumb user mistake! 😉

Archived