Logitech Flight Multi Panel dont work with CRJ 500-700 (FS2020)

On 3/19/2021 at 6:14 PM, A320pilot23 said:

Here you go. Maybe you also have to install the LVAR-bridge for MSFS in order for the profile to work, not sure about that. But there´s a video on youtube on how to do that. Also note that I mapped the TCAS switch to COWL and the seat belt signs to the autothrottle switch. :)

CRJ.xml 56.07 kB · 91 downloads

Thanks a lot for this profile !! This made my day !!

Do you know if there is way to adjust the altitude with smaller increments ? I tried different values with no success...

THANKS SO MUCH

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have AP knob yet but when (if :( ) my Bravo throttle arrives I'll set it to 100ft increments with _lots_ of acceleration. I expect it can be set similar like it works on the CRJ dashboard with mouse.
I only have switch and radio panel but the acceleration with Spad.Next can be set up for that easily too. Even when I set radio freq to be set by 0,005 increments I set an acceleration of 2 clicks / 5X - 30X / 500ms and I can easily change a full scale of decimal freqs with 1-1,5 full turn of the radio knob.  

On 3/27/2021 at 5:15 PM, SimWare said:

Hi, 
The default MSFS functions and the Logitech panels don't all allow for the panel to be fully interfaced with some addons.
I really suggest the use of the L-Vars with some interface utilities like Spad.Next or AxisAndOhs.
Attached is the CRJ L-Vars list.

CRJ-LVARS.txt 23.23 kB · 9 downloads

That file actually doesn't contain all the LVars, here are over 1000 of them in this bird!

Jon Dowson just released another version of his WASM module that supports 1022 LVars, that would make it possible to access most of the CRJs variables but not all I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Spad-bridge-module in community folder crash sim everytime after last update.

Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.10.0

SPAD.neXt Beta LVAR bridge is currently not working with MSFS Update 4.
You will have to disable it for now. (Delete spad-bridge-module folder from Community-Folder)

Update: Asobo has confirmed this to be a Product Problem and is working on a fix. Nothing I can do about it.

Vor 1 Stunde, Николай Першанин sagte:

Spad-bridge-module in community folder crash sim everytime after last update.

Current SPAD.neXt Release: 0.9.10.0

SPAD.neXt Beta LVAR bridge is currently not working with MSFS Update 4.
You will have to disable it for now. (Delete spad-bridge-module folder from Community-Folder)

Update: Asobo has confirmed this to be a Product Problem and is working on a fix. Nothing I can do about it.

thank you for letting us know 

GREAT! Now I can no more use the saitek panels with CRJ! Any news about LVAR bridge??
It still crashes the sim even before it starts up! As soon as I remove LVAR bridge from community...pufff! It works!

VERY VERY FRUSTRATING! I spent money for my saitek panels and I can't even ust them!

Please DEVS fix this annoying issue!
THX!

8 minutes ago, riky93it said:

GREAT! Now I can no more use the saitek panels with CRJ! Any news about LVAR bridge??
It still crashes the sim even before it starts up! As soon as I remove LVAR bridge from community...pufff! It works!

VERY VERY FRUSTRATING! I spent money for my saitek panels and I can't even ust them!

Please DEVS fix this annoying issue!
THX!

Aerosoft has nothing to do with this. Check SPAD.Next forums / Discord, it seems they are also not able to help but aware of the issue. Asobo seems to have done something and it's now up to them to repair it. At least according to SPAD.Next dev (the message above was written on their forum). 

I can't completely agree with the last two responses. 

Yes the current issue with WASM modules leading to CTD is an Asobe issue not directly related with the CRJ.

But it is also a fact that the standard MSFS interfaces (MSFS, SIMCONNECT) cover most of the standard function necessary without the need for LVARs/HVARS.

It is a decision of the CRJ developers not to link these standard interfaces with the CRJ vars. 

I do understand that a complex plane like the CRJ needs additional functionality (vars, events, etc.) in comparison what SIMCONNECT/MSFS provides. But the most important functions are covered and should be supported by each plane.

This would allow for most panels like the Logitech Multipanel/Switchpanel to work out of the box (without LVARS).

Good example is Battery Master - SIMCONNECT provides this but the CRJ does ignore it and needs a special LVAR to be used:

Please login to display this image.

Why not link this LVAR with the standard SIMCONNECT var:

Please login to display this image.

I'm convinced that the Logitech panels can be completely covered with SIMCONNECT/MSFS interfaces if the plane would also support these interfaces.

I'm aware this is extra work and maybe extra complexity but it is definitely possible. 

• Aerosoft

That might be true for some elements but in most cases this simply solution is simply not possible because the default value does other things then it should do in a CRJ. As said many times before, we prefer to use the default functions of the sim because it is simpler and makes these hardware options easier, but when the default function does not what we need, we simply have no option but to make our own. Linking it to the default function would simply some of our better functionality impossible.

My comment was totally on the current issue, not on plane design and possible workarounds.
That's a totally different topic and as I'm not a simplane architect I'd not go into it as I cannot even imagine what design decisions must be made there. :)

5 minutes ago, Cdr Maverick said:

I can't completely agree with the last two responses. 

Yes the current issue with WASM modules leading to CTD is an Asobe issue not directly related with the CRJ.

But it is also a fact that the standard MSFS interfaces (MSFS, SIMCONNECT) cover most of the standard function necessary without the need for LVARs/HVARS.

It is a decision of the CRJ developers not to link these standard interfaces with the CRJ vars. 

I do understand that a complex plane like the CRJ needs additional functionality (vars, events, etc.) in comparison what SIMCONNECT/MSFS provides. But the most important functions are covered and should be supported by each plane.

This would allow for most panels like the Logitech Multipanel/Switchpanel to work out of the box (without LVARS).

Good example is Battery Master - SIMCONNECT provides this but the CRJ does ignore it and needs a special LVAR to be used:

Why not link this LVAR with the standard SIMCONNECT var:

I'm convinced that the Logitech panels can be completely by covered with SIMCONNECT/MSFS interfaces if the plane supports these interfaces.

I'm aware this is extra work and maybe extra complexity but it is definitely possible. 

• Aerosoft
vor 15 Stunden , Joe Markowski sagte:

While I can definitely understand this, it really feels like the stock Logitech drivers not being able to change altimeter is a bug.  The knob works, but something with the CRJ fights to immediately return it to whatever the value is currently set to in the jet.  All other functionality with it works just fine (heading, vertical speed, the buttons) from what I've seen, just changing the altitude does not.

I can completely understand the switch panel not working with the stock drivers, though.

Please keep in mind that the Logitech drivers are actually updates of the Old FSX drivers originally written by Saitek.
These we originally meant to be compatible with the default FSX aircraft.

On 4/18/2021 at 9:45 AM, Joe Markowski said:

stock Logitech drivers

Can you or anyone please point me to the correct DL page ( a link ) to the actual Logitech driver to be used with the radio panel?  I've looked around the support tab on logitech but can't seem to find this driver all are talking about. I only care about switching freqs due to flying on networks, don't mind if nothing else works. Thanks.

Dave.

14 hours ago, Joe Markowski said:

That's a fair point, but like I said, if you try it it's immediately apparent it's on the cusp of working.  You can set the VS and heading without issue off the top of my head, you can activate and deactivate the different modes, and if you spin the dial fast enough the altitude will change... it will just immediately snap back to 10k (or whatever the aircraft has been set to at that point).

This does not validate your position...  Go complain to Saitek that their default software/Drivers will only work with Simple Simconnect commands.  Ask them to develop the LVAR and HVAR events and integrate with a 3rd party system that can do more than what the "Default sim" can do.....  Why are people wanting to buy a "Study Sim" then ask that it dumb down the systems?  They use LVARs...  We have solved this countless times using software that found a "problem" where original hardware suppliers are not delivering much beyond the very basic and minimum interfaces....

The best piece of software that I ever bought is Spad.neXt when it comes to Flight Simulation.  Anything I want to do with a control I can do it..... Except when the LVAR (like Nav Radios ;) )is not available...  

AAO and FSUIPC all offer similar type stuff as well...

• Aerosoft
On 4/21/2021 at 5:19 AM, Joe Markowski said:

That's a fair point, but like I said, if you try it it's immediately apparent it's on the cusp of working.  You can set the VS and heading without issue off the top of my head, you can activate and deactivate the different modes, and if you spin the dial fast enough the altitude will change... it will just immediately snap back to 10k (or whatever the aircraft has been set to at that point).

And what did Logitech say when you asked them about this? It's their hardware so they should provide the drivers.

20 hours ago, Joe Markowski said:

They did provide the drivers, and they work with the game and the stock aircraft.  This, combined with the fact that it adjusts the altitude before immediately snapping back, suggests that that particular functionality is not broken on the Logitech end.

I'm more than willing to accept that I'm wrong on this despite how it looks from my end, what I don't understand is the resistance to the idea that it could even possibly be an issue on the other end.

How can you not understand.  Logitech told you their stuff is designed to work with STOCK aircraft.  The CRJ and any other addon is NOT stock and therefore Logitech driver mileage will vary.  You would be better served getting Axis and Ohs (my preference) or SpadNext and learning them to make sure that ALL your aircraft work with ALL your controllers the way YOU want not how Logitech thinks you may want.  Take charge yourself and you don't have to depend on anyone else questioning your position.

Archived