Not sure if this includes those that have the digital version. Already submitted a help request but want to see if the community has any ideas on the CRJ install I am having issues with.

Trying to install it seems to think I have it installed through the Microsoft Store but I have it through Steam and I can't find a way to directly point it at the correct install location. Is there a way to force it?

I don't have any room on my "C:" Drive so I need to get it installed on the same drive the Flight Sim itself is installed on. I don't see an option for a custom install path. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Should note I didn't originally see it in the store marketplace otherwise I would have purchased there instead.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Does this apply to the Aerosoft installer for the CRJ? The game is already on a second drive but it's detecting a version that isn't there. 

Please login to display this image.

This is the issue I am running into. I originally had the Microsoft Store version but refunded it and swapped to Steam so I think it's finding old files that no longer apply. Any way to force the installer to use a different version? If not I haven't activated a product yet and if I can refund I might be able to just purchase through in game instead if this is going to be a permanent issue that the installer isn't setup to handle.

UPDATE: Scratch that think I figured it out!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, after all this time since August I have had to reinstall MSFS several times, including direct assistance from MS. Now after this latest update, following previous instructions I am stuck! After following the booklet with the discs and getting to page 9 I am following those last instructions to revert to Aerosoft. So please understand the issue, thank you.

This morning using the exe directly the sim would not launch and trying various ways with no success. Following MS instructions from before I uninstalled MSFS and rebooted the PC. From the MS Store I found my purchase and downloaded the installer, both with and without Disc 1 in the PC. Upon launch, nothing happens! Can you help please. The PC is only used for MSFS.

Thankyou

Martin

• Aerosoft

I am very sorry, but we are unable to assist with problems in regards to these updates. We simply do not have any tools or log files and have only access to exactly the same information as you have. We advise you to follow the guides on https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us and if that does not work make a ticket with Microsoft https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Again sorry, but we do not publish these updates and have no way of knowing what problems they cause.

• Aerosoft

But you are not able to launch the sim without updating. So the issue you face at this moment simply HAS to be related the update they did yesterday. Even if it is not related to that, it is 100% a simulator issue and we simply have no tools or knowledge to fix those. Like every other person the best help we have comes from https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001769531-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator. 95% of sim support we do is send links from these pages.

Keep in mind we are in no way involved with the development, updates, servers etc, we are just a reseller.

• 4 months later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived