Dome light

I do not seem to be able to dim or turn off the overhead dome light(s) per the manual instructions. Anyone have any luck turning these off?

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Erm... that's the switch for the dome light above the door. The dim knobs are on the left and right side of the overhead panel (the right one can be seen half on the right side of the screenshot.

• Developer
14 minutes ago, Svaly said:

On his picture it seems to be the main dome light located near the cockpit door. (Or maybe it's me who need glasses !)

Yes, you're right. But his question sounds like he was looking for the dim knobs of the main dome lights ;)

That said, of course the door dome light can't be dimmed - in our CRJ as well as in the real thing.

Okay, on a different flight during the day I was able to get the light to work. However, on an earlier night flight the switch did not turn the light off (I'm fairly confident). I'll post back if I can reproduce it.

1. Dome light work even aircraft is completely powered off
2. Emissive always as bright as possible, and does not depend on the brightness knob

image.png.b350f45c15a25be86696ee23470ea78a.png

On 3/17/2021 at 9:07 AM, Mugz said:

Dome light work even aircraft is completely powered off

Not sure if this was stated thinking it was a bug, but in case there was confusion, this is how the real airplane works. The dome light is on the Main Battery Direct Bus, so it is available regardless of the Battery Master switch being on or off. 

• Developer
16 minutes ago, JuiceBox7535 said:

Not sure if this was stated thinking it was a bug, but in case there was confusion, this is how the real airplane works. The dome light is on the Main Battery Direct Bus, so it is available regardless of the Battery Master switch being on or off. 

Exactly. I checked the manual and the code and both say Main Bat Dir Bus indeed.

Archived