Nothing is working at all

scottie2950

I am experiencing severe issues with this add on. Nothing turns on, the sim never initialized the airplane after it said to wait 10 minutes or more. The ailerons on the aircraft are up on one side and down the other and the nose wheel is at a 90 degree angle, the screens are black and I cant turn the EFB on at all.

• Developer

Please take a look at the following folder and let me know if you see 4 (or 8 ) files starting with the letter "m":

If you use the MSFS Steam version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj

If you use the MSFS Store version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj

Best post a screenshot of the folder contents here.

@Hans HartmannI've had the OP's same issue (blank screens and EFB won't turn on) but only occasionally. I have the default state set to "Ready to Start". Most times it does load that way. But when it doesn't, there is nothing that can be done to get things going. BAT on or off, nothing. At that point I restart the sim and hope for a good load in. I have (8) files in that directory that start with "m", see attached.

Thanks, 

Please login to display this image.

It seems to only work once after you’ve deleted these files I.e. whenever you restart or do a second flight, this error happens.

in essence, you have to re-delete the files, relaunch the sim, and recalibrate everything each time you want to fly the CRJ which makes no sense....

8 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

Please take a look at the following folder and let me know if you see 4 (or 8 ) files starting with the letter "m":

If you use the MSFS Steam version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\aerosoft-crj

If you use the MSFS Store version: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj

Best post a screenshot of the folder contents here.

I dont have anything pass local/packages

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Well, then you either have the Steam version of MSFS or something's really wrong with your installation. Or you installed it with another user account and it's not under "Owner"

vor 13 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Okay then we have two people who see this. 

Well, by my calculations there are min. six. (SantaGrapas, pilot studd, scottie2950, tshuff, schmiko (maybe slightly different problem) and me). All in different comments, but still seems to be a similar problem. 

Regardless of the number of people involved, I am hoping for a fix. 
I do not want to be rude, don´t get me wrong, but I somehow expect the aircraft to work for 50€. 

20 minutes ago, Tm Scw said:

Well, by my calculations there are min. six. (SantaGrapas, pilot studd, scottie2950, tshuff, schmiko (maybe slightly different problem) and me). All in different comments, but still seems to be a similar problem. 

Regardless of the number of people involved, I am hoping for a fix. 
I do not want to be rude, don´t get me wrong, but I somehow expect the aircraft to work for 50€. 

I'm also getting the same issue. It finally worked after uninstalling and reinstalling the plane last night but when I opened the sim up this morning, I found myself back again in the same situation as you all.

• Aerosoft

Okay so we have seven. As said we'll discuss this with Asobo. We have next to no way to debug this.

But keep in mind we sold thousands upon thousands of this product. That does not mean we do not care about your issue, it just means we need to find out where your system differs from all those others. 

2 hours ago, Alexdv1724 said:

I'm also getting the same issue. It finally worked after uninstalling and reinstalling the plane last night but when I opened the sim up this morning, I found myself back again in the same situation as you all.

Hi and you are welcome in the mud :-)

Hope they will fix that problem soon.

I tried uninstalling, reinstallling, deleting the "m"-files, moving the plane to Community folder, starting with admin rights, removing all addons. Oh man that is true frustrating. Windows is up to date; all updates installed; newest Nvidia Driver installed. That wierd bug is driving me really crazy :-)

The plane is a real beauty and If I may, I like to see the displays in it´s glory...and not dark.

2 hours ago, Pilot Studd said:

Thank you very much! Hope to reach some sort of solution, so I can start producing some youtube content with this otherwise awesome plane! :)

Subscribed :-) 7689 +1 subs :-)

Cheers Uwe

I too have this issue.

Worked fine yesterday after I have had the issue the first time, then removed all Community items, restarted - worked.

Brought back all Community items, worked.

Now this morning this issue was back. 

Restarted the whole sim - now it works again - really strange.

Will investigate further but wanted to share this as another case.

On 17/3/2021 at 17:36, Mathijs Kok said:

Bien, tenemos siete. Como dije, discutiremos esto con Asobo. No tenemos casi ninguna forma de depurar esto.

Pero tenga en cuenta que vendimos miles y miles de este producto. Eso no significa que no nos preocupemos por su problema, solo significa que debemos averiguar en qué se diferencia su sistema de todos los demás. 

Hello, i too have an error. the airplane just work first time, the rest of days dont work. Please make your work because i (and every one) pay the airplane. For me, your CRJ is beautifull, but that error is the worst. Thanks

Hello, Please add me to the list of people who's plane doesn't work, although bickering over numbers is being a little childish and reinstating the number is insulting to the people that gave you $50 bucks.  I want to add my experience to the thread as I believe this bug is not limited to the CRJ, nor is Aerosoft's fault rather aircraft that have gone the route of having custom controls there is something wrong with the sim and how windows talks with the sim.  The reason I say this is after spending 12+ hours working with the folks at FlybyWire who's experimental version suffers the same problem, suffering thru a 20+ hour clean reinstall of MSFS to "try again" and now seeing this "dead" airplane issue as well on the CJ4 mod, the one thing in common with all of these are throttles with detents.

With respect to the mystery 8 files and deleting them in truth, you actually only need to delete the .cache file.  After extensive testing, (Using the console and looking at WASM logs until it hurts) it seems for those of us who have this issue there is something not right with deleting that file and recreating it.  Something just goes wrong.

For the painful part, after troubleshooting with FBW for the last 3 weeks, I am not any closer to resolving this issue but will say that currently FBW believes it to be an issue with Windows and how MSFS work together.  FBW has raised the problem already with Asobo but the fear is that since it is a MS thing, it may take a while to fix or develop a work-around.  And until then sadly, the CRJ is unable to work for some of us but the best course of action is to raise it on the MSFS forums, upvote it and see how many other people share this issue of dead plane after first run.

Regards - Brett

vor 5 Stunden , brettsan671 sagte:

Hello, Please add me to the list of people who's plane doesn't work, although bickering over numbers is being a little childish and reinstating the number is insulting to the people that gave you $50 bucks.  I want to add my experience to the thread as I believe this bug is not limited to the CRJ, nor is Aerosoft's fault rather aircraft that have gone the route of having custom controls there is something wrong with the sim and how windows talks with the sim.  The reason I say this is after spending 12+ hours working with the folks at FlybyWire who's experimental version suffers the same problem, suffering thru a 20+ hour clean reinstall of MSFS to "try again" and now seeing this "dead" airplane issue as well on the CJ4 mod, the one thing in common with all of these are throttles with detents.

With respect to the mystery 8 files and deleting them in truth, you actually only need to delete the .cache file.  After extensive testing, (Using the console and looking at WASM logs until it hurts) it seems for those of us who have this issue there is something not right with deleting that file and recreating it.  Something just goes wrong.

For the painful part, after troubleshooting with FBW for the last 3 weeks, I am not any closer to resolving this issue but will say that currently FBW believes it to be an issue with Windows and how MSFS work together.  FBW has raised the problem already with Asobo but the fear is that since it is a MS thing, it may take a while to fix or develop a work-around.  And until then sadly, the CRJ is unable to work for some of us but the best course of action is to raise it on the MSFS forums, upvote it and see how many other people share this issue of dead plane after first run.

Regards - Brett

Thanks for sharing your experience, Brett. 

And I believe you are absolutely right, as I was having issues with both the custom fbw/ experimental version of the A32NX and the Cj4! Not the same like with the Crj, "only" the throttle would not move. But maybe the "dead" crj is due to the fact, that basically every aspect of the aircraft is custom. 

I just did not even think about it, that there is a connection between these errors. But in this case, it is even worse probably, because it really sounds like an abstract problem not many of us are experiencing. 

But maybe it is possible for Aerosoft to either track the problem down themselves or bringing this to attention for Asobo/MS. Maybe their voice gets heard, as they are the most important aircraft designer for MSFS at the moment. 

So @Hans Hartmannan @Mathijs Kok, maybe you are able to help us now, with this new piece of information!

I'm really thankful for your help and I'm desperately looking forward to fly the Crj without problems. 

Stay safe and have a nice weekend! 

Tim

Just in case not everybody here tracks all the different forum sections with the same problem. 

Appearently someone found a possible cause of this problem. 

See here: 

Atleast for me it seems to work now and I am really crossing the fingers for you all, that it is a real fix for you aswell!

Thanks to everyone who helped out in this forum!

Have a nice weekend,

Tim

Hi all,

This is why our community is great, so many smart people!  This post

fixed all "dead planes.  For me I did not have this other plugin, so I simply followed the advise to add a .0  to my simconnect file and we are back in business.

Kudos to the genius who sorted this out.

Brett

Hello, maybe someone can help me ....

my CRJ ... downloaded from MSFS ... just doesn't want to work ...

I can't get the EFB and nothing else works either. the rudder and the nose landing gear point to the left,

but the yoke in the cockpit is in the 0 position. There is no energy either, even if I ask for the unit ... I'm going crazy ...

I finally want to get into the air with the bird ... Please help ...

Thank you

1 hour ago, Tomcat0568 said:

Hello, maybe someone can help me ....

my CRJ ... downloaded from MSFS ... just doesn't want to work ...

I can't get the EFB and nothing else works either. the rudder and the nose landing gear point to the left,

but the yoke in the cockpit is in the 0 position. There is no energy either, even if I ask for the unit ... I'm going crazy ...

I finally want to get into the air with the bird ... Please help ...

Thank you

Have a look at the post above yours...

Archived